Trump Issues New Rule To End Asylum Protections For Central Americans

If true, excellent.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration on Monday moved to end asylum protections for most Central American migrants in a major escalation of the president’s battle to tamp down the number of people crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

According to a new rule published in the Federal Register, asylum seekers who pass through another country first will be ineligible for asylum at the U.S. southern border. The rule, expected to go into effect Tuesday, also applies to children who have crossed the border alone.

Trump Issues New Rule To End Asylum Protections For Central Americans | HuffPost
Which effective nullifies asylum for most people without even hearing their plea.

It's hard to believe that so many American who have done absolutely nothing to earn the privilege of living in America are so quick to deny others that have suffered so much and fought so hard for the opportunity to become an American.

A Venezuelan women whose life was threaten by goverment officials traveled 2000 miles through 4 countries mostly on foot carrying her 2 year old son will likely be denied the opportunity to apply for asylum due to this regulation.

In my book anyone that would travel thousands of miles on foot carrying a child and spend months sleeping on the floor of an overcrowded detention camp for months certainly deserves at least an opportunity to apply for asylum.
Oh please

They are not trying to become an American,
they are trying to get in America.

illegal-migrants-vow-not-to-give-up-european-dreams.jpg

3500.jpg

gettyimages-1052374910.jpg

1022-en-caravan-diaznew-1692449-640x360.jpg

I’m sorry...do you see any American flags?

181028125335-02-migrant-caravan-1027.jpg

Overcrowding and sleeping on the ground
sure didn’t seem to bother them....
UNTIL THEY GOT TO OUR BORDER

If true, excellent.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration on Monday moved to end asylum protections for most Central American migrants in a major escalation of the president’s battle to tamp down the number of people crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

According to a new rule published in the Federal Register, asylum seekers who pass through another country first will be ineligible for asylum at the U.S. southern border. The rule, expected to go into effect Tuesday, also applies to children who have crossed the border alone.

Trump Issues New Rule To End Asylum Protections For Central Americans | HuffPost
Which effective nullifies asylum for most people without even hearing their plea.

It's hard to believe that so many American who have done absolutely nothing to earn the privilege of living in America are so quick to deny others that have suffered so much and fought so hard for the opportunity to become an American.

A Venezuelan women whose life was threaten by goverment officials traveled 2000 miles through 4 countries mostly on foot carrying her 2 year old son will likely be denied the opportunity to apply for asylum due to this regulation.

In my book anyone that would travel thousands of miles on foot carrying a child and spend months sleeping on the floor of an overcrowded detention camp for months certainly deserves at least an opportunity to apply for asylum.
I seriously doubt she walked thousands of miles. It's difficult to walk 100 miles, much less THOUSANDS OF MILES.
I said mostly on foot. I've driven on Mexican roads in Southern Mexico where a vehicle is only a slight improvement over walking.

If true, excellent.

Oh please

3500.jpg

People do not come to the US to become citizens. They come here to become permanent residents. Citizenship comes later for some but for other they remain permanent residents or return home.

People do not come to the US legally or illegally because they love America. They don't now and did not in past. People come to the US because it's a great place to live, work, and raise a family. And we have cheap, reliable wifi.

If true, excellent.

Oh please

3500.jpg

People do not come to the US to become citizens. They come here to become permanent residents. Citizenship comes later for some but for other they remain permanent residents or return home.

People do not come to the US legally or illegally because they love America. They don't now and did not in past. People come to the US because it's a great place to live, work, and raise a family. And we have cheap, reliable wifi.
It was a great place to live and work, until this cockroach invasion began. They are swiftly making the US into the same kind of shithole with the same prevalent living conditions as the shitholes they have crawled out of. Only here, they get to piss and whine and the bleeding hearts will suck their asses to make themselves feel better.

If true, excellent.

Oh please

3500.jpg

It was a great place to live and work, until this cockroach invasion began. They are swiftly making the US into the same kind of shithole with the same prevalent living conditions as the shitholes they have crawled out of. Only here, they get to piss and whine and the bleeding hearts will suck their asses to make themselves feel better.
America is now as it always has been a great place to live and work. Most immigrants come to this country poor and thus live in low income neighborhoods but that doesn't mean they stay there. They commit less crimes and open more new businesses than native born american. They work long hours doing jobs most American won't do.

At the current rate of immigration, we will need an additional 20 million workers by 2024 and the only way we're going to get them is through immigration.

So often I read this garbage you're spitting out and have to wonder whether people like you are aware of the sacrifices and hardships immigrants undergo to come to this country. I think not. Most American do nothing for their citizenship. Most never serve in the military or any other service to the country. They suck up what the country has to offer and do nothing in return.

Those asking for asylum from South America because of being persecuted, threatened by gangs and drugs brought to this country by South Americans (the very people who are coming here asking, no demanding to be taken care of), hunger, poverty, injustices, etc, we have our own to take care of and they are called Black Men in the inner cities and they are fighting the same fight and dying by being black. Lets us take care of our own first.

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Of course they’re seeking asylum

Refugees are IMMEDIATELY eligible for public assistance
Cash, food stamps and healthcare
That depends on the situation. Refugees accepted as victims of human trafficking get special benefits. There are limits on benefits for all adults. Both refugees and asylum seekers must be accepted into the program before they receive benefits.

Most people believe benefits for asylum seekers and refugees are the same as US citizens but they aren't. Medicaid is more limited as is TANF. However, there are services to help get a job since work is part of the responsibility of the person. After 1 year in the US they can apply for permanent residency which is a first on the road to becoming a citizen. However, becoming a permanent resident is not an automatic process. You have to meet certain requirements.
If they are lucky to have a Jack Pot Baby they are entitled to all the welfare benefits as any other child born here. They get tax beaks which mean they pay no taxes but get tax returns. They use the hospital emergency room for their health care all at the expense of the taxpayers. They get more benefits than most American because they are low wage earners. Just go to any welfare office in this country and you will see them with their little Jack Pot Babies. They have bankrupted numerous hospitals because they do not pay for the services they receive and hospitals cannot refuse to treat them. They come with kids across the border because they know we will take care of the kids. They are coming disabled and with kids with disabilities also. Costing the country million each year.

A FAIR study in 2017 found illegal immigrants are a net consumer of taxpayer benefits worth more than $100 billion a year, not including the cost of enforcing the border.
Most illegal immigrants in US receive government benefits, costing taxpayers billions: experts

If true, excellent.

Oh please

3500.jpg

America is now as it always has been a great place to live and work. Most immigrants come to this country poor and thus live in low income neighborhoods but that doesn't mean they stay there. They commit less crimes and open more new businesses than native born american. They work long hours doing jobs most American won't do.

At the current rate of immigration, we will need an additional 20 million workers by 2024 and the only way we're going to get them is through immigration.

So often I read this garbage you're spitting out and have to wonder whether people like you are aware of the sacrifices and hardships immigrants undergo to come to this country. I think not. Most American do nothing for their citizenship. Most never serve in the military or any other service to the country. They suck up what the country has to offer and do nothing in return.
The biggest laugh I have ever had. A dimwit liberal.

If true, excellent.

Oh please

3500.jpg

Beg pardon, I did my military service and retired honorably. I have worked non-stop for the past 43 years, contributing every year to the increasing tax burden needed to house, clothe, feed these invaders. More recently, I am being robbed of my hard-earned money in order to pay off their lawsuits!
I am aware of sacrifice and hardships involved in immigrating to the US. But there are legal, legitimate ways to do this. Of course, following the rules means being vetted and possibly being denied entry. Immigrating legally means a different set of hardships and challenges, and requires patience, above all. These invaders have no patience, have been well-schooled how to game the system, and are robbing those who follow the rules of their chance at good jobs and a better life. Provide them information about how to legally apply for entrance to this country and then send them back so they may make the requisite sacrifices.
So, nothing being fair, who do you favor for "fairness"? The citizens and legal residents of this country who are being dunned to support an increasing load of parasites? Or maybe those who care enough about coming here to become part of this great nation that they follow the rules, investing time, effort, and funds to do so? Or do you favor hoards of those who are gaming the system to jump the line and reap all the freebies they can cadge off the stupid pols intent on buying them off?

Those asking for asylum from South America because of being persecuted, threatened by gangs and drugs brought to this country by South Americans (the very people who are coming here asking, no demanding to be taken care of), hunger, poverty, injustices, etc, we have our own to take care of and they are called Black Men in the inner cities and they are fighting the same fight and dying by being black. Lets us take care of our own first.

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
And let them knock politely at that door and be bidden to enter...

If true, excellent.

---------------------------------- feck them Flopper .

If true, excellent.

Oh please

3500.jpg

--------------------------- as is an Americans birth Right Flopper .

Oh please

3500.jpg

Beg pardon, I did my military service and retired honorably. I have worked non-stop for the past 43 years, contributing every year to the increasing tax burden needed to house, clothe, feed these invaders. More recently, I am being robbed of my hard-earned money in order to pay off their lawsuits!
I am aware of sacrifice and hardships involved in immigrating to the US. But there are legal, legitimate ways to do this. Of course, following the rules means being vetted and possibly being denied entry. Immigrating legally means a different set of hardships and challenges, and requires patience, above all. These invaders have no patience, have been well-schooled how to game the system, and are robbing those who follow the rules of their chance at good jobs and a better life. Provide them information about how to legally apply for entrance to this country and then send them back so they may make the requisite sacrifices.
So, nothing being fair, who do you favor for "fairness"? The citizens and legal residents of this country who are being dunned to support an increasing load of parasites? Or maybe those who care enough about coming here to become part of this great nation that they follow the rules, investing time, effort, and funds to do so? Or do you favor hoards of those who are gaming the system to jump the line and reap all the freebies they can cadge off the stupid pols intent on buying them off?
Congratulations, you are among the 7.6% of Americans that have actually served their country in the military. I never said I favored illegal immigration but I certainly do support peoples right to apply for asylum or refugee status in accordance with our laws. I think they deserve a chance to present their case. Saying no before giving them a chance is wrong.

In regard to legal immigration, you said, "But there are legal, legitimate ways to do this." Really? If you are from Guatemala, Honduras, or about 50 other countries and don't have family in the US, you will not be able immigrate to the US, not now, not ever. You might make a great citizen and you might really contribute to the nation but you will never even be considered because of the way immigration laws are written.

The odds are that only 1 in 10 of those people waiting at the border to plead their case for asylum will be accepted. The odds are poor but it is the only chance they have.

Last edited:
feck them , i'm more concerned with existing American kids and American Grandkids Flopper ,

Oh please

3500.jpg

Congratulations, you are among the 7.6% of Americans that have actually served their country in the military. I never said I favored illegal immigration but I certainly do support peoples right to apply for asylum or refugee status in accordance with our laws. I think they deserve a chance to present their case. Saying no before giving them a chance is wrong.

In regard to legal immigration, you said, "But there are legal, legitimate ways to do this." Really? If you are from Guatemala, Honduras, or about 50 other countries and don't have family in the US, you will not be able immigrate to the US, not now, not ever. You might make a great citizen and you might really contribute to the nation but you will never even be considered because of the way immigration laws are written.

The odds are that only 1 in 10 of those people waiting at the border to plead their case for asylum will be accepted. The odds are poor but it is the only chance they have.
I agree that people should be able to apply for asylum or refugee status in accordance with our laws. I also think they deserve a chance to present their case. But when they swarm our borders in numbers that would shame a colony of migrating ants or bees, they should expect some discomfort. As it stands, they have been led to expect platinum-card service once they arrive here and when that fails to materialize, the pols and press incite these people to revolt. I would like to see increased legal representation at the border to swiftly process and winnow out that 10% who will be granted entry and expeditiously send the rest back to where they came from.

If true, excellent.

Oh please

3500.jpg

Then the immigrants can come here legally. Immigration reform should include more work visas. If we are needing more workers start giving out more visas. Then KEEP TRACK OF THEM. if they violate pick them up and send them home.

Asylum seeker laws need to be rewritten. They were not written for times like these. There's no reason not to.

asylum seekers who pass through another country first will be ineligible for asylum at the U.S. southern border.

So does this apply only to the US southern border

interesting

I agree that people should be able to apply for asylum or refugee status in accordance with our laws. I also think they deserve a chance to present their case. But when they swarm our borders in numbers that would shame a colony of migrating ants or bees, they should expect some discomfort. As it stands, they have been led to expect platinum-card service once they arrive here and when that fails to materialize, the pols and press incite these people to revolt. I would like to see increased legal representation at the border to swiftly process and winnow out that 10% who will be granted entry and expeditiously send the rest back to where they came from.
I agree with your last statement. It is ridiculous to have to hold these people for up 6 months for interviews, background checks, and court hearings. At any point along the way, if the person request a review of proceedings, then a review process starts and the government can hold them up to 1 year. At the end of a year the government has to release them. If they don't have a valid visa, the border patrol with take them back to detention and hold them for an immigration judge to deport them. However, it the person has a good lawyer, the asylum seeker can submit all kinds of pleas which may end up in the judge granting asylum. Like most immigration laws, this is utterly nuts!

Last edited:
asylum seekers who pass through another country first will be ineligible for asylum at the U.S. southern border.

So does this apply only to the US southern border

interesting
It would not apply to migrants coming through Canada. The ACLU will ask for an injunction to plead their case. Also there is another group who has filed another case to block the rule.

The new rule attempts to work around international law by barring asylum seekers on the grounds that they must first apply in any country through which they pass that signed the 1951 Refugee Convention. This includes Mexico, through which Central American and extra-continental migrants must travel to reach the southern border.

For those in detention now, the process becomes much more complex which Trump hopes will disqualify more immigrants. Not sure that will happen but it will result in separation of families because each person has to be treated individually. Hopefully, the goverment won't lose another 1500 kids.

Trump’s Latest Asylum Rule, Explained

Forum List

Back