“Trump is playing to his base.”...WTF does that even mean?

His base is America.

I guess the leftists are angry that he isn't playing to our enemies, like the previous admin did (and does).

America is not 38% of the morons who support Trump.
Even simple math escapes you.

Yes, America is all of us.
And you think we're simple...that's why the democrat party is finito.
3141-counties-trump-won.jpg

Whatever President Trump's "base" is, it seems reasonable and sane. God help us if Hillary was in charge and we had to deal with a base that thought shooting baseball players made sense and smashing windows and torching cars was a legitimate expression of free speech.

We hear it all the time right?
It’s generally used in negative context to describe how he refuses to govern on behalf of lowlifes, illegals, anti American unAmericans, criminals, pole puffers, feminazis and crazy men wearing dresses...right?
You people have to let it go...With a nation this divided there is just no way to govern on behalf of all anymore. This president is committed to busting his ass but ONLY for GOOD REAL AMERICANS.
I’m pretty sure nobody sane needs “good, real Americans” defined.
So let it go....get your shit right and learn to appreciate a POTUS willing to fight for our best. After all, you don’t really want a ‘coach’ who writes the playbook around his worst players do you? Not if you ever want to win...right?
Oh wait, that Kenyan dude did exactly that didn’t he?
Funny you don’t know. It means he’d rather appeal to his 40% base and snub the other 60% of the country. The majority. He knows he can lie his ass off and he doesn’t care because he knows you idiots will believe each and every 4,229 of his lies.

Whatever President Trump's "base" is, it seems reasonable and sane. God help us if Hillary was in charge and we had to deal with a base that thought shooting baseball players made sense and smashing windows and torching cars was a legitimate expression of free speech.
If Hillary was in charge she be directing her comments to the entire country and would work hard to heal the country instead of the pussygrabber dividing us.

It’s generally used in negative context to describe how he refuses to govern on behalf of lowlifes, illegals, anti American unAmericans, criminals, pole puffers, feminazis and crazy men wearing dresses...right?
You people have to let it go...With a nation this divided there is just no way to govern on behalf of all anymore. This president is committed to busting his ass but ONLY for GOOD REAL AMERICANS.
So let it go....get your shit right and learn to appreciate a POTUS willing to fight for our best. After all, you don’t really want a ‘coach’ who writes the playbook around his worst players do you? Not if you ever want to win...right?
Well, what it means is that he is doing what the people that voted for him want him to do, which is what elected officials are supposed to do, which is an alien concept to a liberal.

It means he's talking only to the low information wackos who believe his lies unquestioningly, not trying to convert or convince any doubters.
If we were as intelligent as you we would all know that creating a welfare nation is the way to go.
We’re all just too dumb to get it.
That's a nice straw man!

Did you build it yourself or did the older kids help?

It means he's talking only to the low information wackos who believe his lies unquestioningly, not trying to convert or convince any doubters.
If we were as intelligent as you we would all know that creating a welfare nation is the way to go.
That's a nice straw man!

I simply listen to the candidates.
Where do you get your information.

That's a nice straw man!

That obvious lie lie aside, it's a straw man because I never said anything like what you accused me of.

It's not that hard kid.

That phrase is for those who cannot articulate a detail oriented response

Playing to your base or also know as telling your die hard supporters what they like to hear to fire them especially in election years. Gee why has no President before Trump ever done that? Oh wait they all have never mind.

That's a nice straw man!

That obvious lie lie aside, it's a straw man because I never said anything like what you accused me of.

It's not that hard kid.
Who gives a shit about what you say?
You simply have orgasms over any candidate or representative with a D next to their name and you have zero idea of what the fuckbags say into any microphone that’s sticking in their face.

You love a D, you must love what they want.
If you don’t know their platform then you’re just as much of a jackass as any other “letter” voter.

That's a nice straw man!

It's not that hard kid.
You simply have orgasms over any candidate or representative with a D next to their name and you have zero idea of what the fuckbags say into any microphone that’s sticking in their face.

If you don’t know their platform then you’re just as much of a jackass as any other “letter” voter.
Lol, you get all pissy when you feel you are on the losing end of an argument don't you.

Building a bigger better straw man is not the answer my frustrated friend. Try honesty for a change.

That's a nice straw man!

It's not that hard kid.

Lol, you get all pissy when you feel you are on the losing end of an argument don't you.

Building a bigger better straw man is not the answer my frustrated friend. Try honesty for a change.
Very poor response.
I listen to these people while you only pretend to know what they stand for.
You are one big boring, repetitious bundle of lies.

Welfare, food stamps, gimme, gimme, gimme.
Free education! (Paid by whom?)
Dems have gone ape shit just like their constituents because that’s where the votes are.

That's a nice straw man!

It's not that hard kid.

Very poor response.
I listen to these people while you only pretend to know what they stand for.
You are one big boring, repetitious bundle of lies.

Welfare, food stamps, gimme, gimme, gimme.
Free education! (Paid by whom?)
Dems have gone ape shit just like their constituents because that’s where the votes are.
How big can you make that straw man? Are you shooting for some kinda record?

This president is committed to busting his ass but ONLY for GOOD REAL AMERICANS.
:laugh:

Well, there ya go.

Everything he says and does is meant to placate people like you.

You're welcome.

“People like me”?
Oh you mean positive contributing, law abiding, patriotic, prideful, English speaking people like me?
How fucking terrible.
Sure, everyone should think just like you, or there's something wrong with them.

So, Trump plays to that.

How many times do you need this answered?
The elitist gang of billionaires has banned thoughts that do match their own. No need for government agents in every news room as the Obama admin proposed.

I suspect that your definition of “real good Americans” would differ from most people’s definitions of “real good Americans”.

My definition of “real good Americans” are people who work hard, show respect for others and their Constituotinal rights. That includes not calling women “feminazis”, or gays “pole puffers”.

It means respecting the law, including laws you personally don’t like, and working to change them through legal means.

It means not supporting those who are damaging the USA at home or abroad. Trump supporters are NOT, by definition, “good Americans”. They are working on behalf of a man who is destroying everything your country built and stands for.

Do you think Trump should be more like Trudeau?

The example I see of playing to his base is in the area of foreign trade. I believe we hold all the cards and do have legitimate case for changes to trade agreements. But it seems to me that Trump is more engaged in self-promotion playing to his base with his chest pounding as opposed to stating a clear case and promoting American products abroad. I hope changes to trade deals get done soon. I also hope Trump hasn't generated an anti-American attitude towards our products.

As far as trade is concerned, this is the biggest single piece of flim-flam that has been served up by the blob. He convinced enough people that you can get everything you want in a negotiation. Seldom, if ever has that happened in the history of the world and when it has happened, it almost always came with a massive body count.

Forum List

Back