Trump Gets a New Dept of Interior Secretary

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
2019-04-11T182039Z_1_LYNXNPEF3A1SG_RTROPTP_0_USA-INTERIOR-BERNHARDT_1.jpg

Another win for the president. 3 Dems voted for him; Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Martin Heinrich (N.M.) and Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.), as well as Sen. Angus King (I-Maine).

As deputy secretary, Bernhardt played a key, behind-the-scenes role in gutting environmental regulations and advancing the Trump administration’s fossil fuel-centric “energy dominance” agenda. He brings to the top post a slew of potential conflicts of interests stemming from his years as an energy lobbyist, experience that has earned him labels like the “ultimate D.C. swamp creature.” He’s come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks after two New York Times articles showed he intervened to block a scientific report on the threat certain pesticides pose to endangered species and continued to lobby for a former client months after signing papers promising to cease such activity.

More @ David Bernhardt Confirmed As Interior Department Chief | HuffPost

2019-04-11T182039Z_1_LYNXNPEF3A1SG_RTROPTP_0_USA-INTERIOR-BERNHARDT_1.jpg

Another win for the president. 3 Dems voted for him; Joe Manchin (W.Va.), Martin Heinrich (N.M.) and Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.), as well as Sen. Angus King (I-Maine).

As deputy secretary, Bernhardt played a key, behind-the-scenes role in gutting environmental regulations and advancing the Trump administration’s fossil fuel-centric “energy dominance” agenda. He brings to the top post a slew of potential conflicts of interests stemming from his years as an energy lobbyist, experience that has earned him labels like the “ultimate D.C. swamp creature.” He’s come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks after two New York Times articles showed he intervened to block a scientific report on the threat certain pesticides pose to endangered species and continued to lobby for a former client months after signing papers promising to cease such activity.

More @ David Bernhardt Confirmed As Interior Department Chief | HuffPost
^ celebrating an establishment lobbyist being appointed to fuck us all

In general I am a teddy bear Roosevelt type of independent minus the big game hunting and the fattening foods. I want the environment to be healthy and clean, and this is apolitical to me and yet I dislike the dimos. I like Republicans and Greens but despise most Democrats. I like the teddy bear and smokey the bear and granny bear.

Forum List

Back