Trump Defends New Tax-Cut Bill Amid Negative Polls

I can't find anyone who's making more today than they were before the tax bill. I have to be honest I don't look at my paychecks but I was hoping to hear everyone, especially Republicans, bragging about the extra money they have in their paychecks every week. I'm beginning to think this tax bill was a fake. That in the end it was nothing for us middle class people and just another gift to the rich.

I could be wrong. I may be making $300 more every 2 weeks. I don't look at my paychecks so I can't tell. Can anyone here confirm they are making more money and how much more?

Several on this board have already said we are, I see hundreds more in my check each payday.
I hope so. I suspect you guys are lying though because I think I would hear a lot more than just a handful of USMB republican's who have no problem lying come forward and say they too are taking home more. No one at my work is bragging even the Trumpeters. Why not? I guess I can ask my accountant when I do my taxes.

Of course you do because facts conflict with your world view. Also remember it took some time for payroll to figure this out, nobody was ready to go on Jan 1. Its bizarre the left bitch and gripe about how this blew up the deficit then talk out their ass about how nobody got anything. Why the contradiction?
Because the rich got a lot. Add up $30 x everyone that’s debt bigly

Do you know the difference between debt and deficit? Based on your comment I don’t think so

Do you want to troll or do you want to have a discussion?
Yea, I take it back. An extra $2200 a year aint something to scoff at.

Several on this board have already said we are, I see hundreds more in my check each payday.
I hope so. I suspect you guys are lying though because I think I would hear a lot more than just a handful of USMB republican's who have no problem lying come forward and say they too are taking home more. No one at my work is bragging even the Trumpeters. Why not? I guess I can ask my accountant when I do my taxes.

Of course you do because facts conflict with your world view. Also remember it took some time for payroll to figure this out, nobody was ready to go on Jan 1. Its bizarre the left bitch and gripe about how this blew up the deficit then talk out their ass about how nobody got anything. Why the contradiction?

Do you know the difference between debt and deficit? Based on your comment I don’t think so

My controller said your/our pay only went up maybe $30 a pay period. That's not even close to the $100 or $200 more they said we'd get EVERY OTHER WEEK!!! You fucking liars. You lie to get it passed and then just change the subject after the fact? I can tell this hasn't made a dent in anybodies life. I wonder how effective this tax break will be when Trump uses it to get re elected? Even $30 every 2 weeks is better than nothing. That's $700 a year.

It's just not what Republicans promised.

Let me know how much more you are seeing in your paycheck.

Sucks to be you, mine went up several hundred per pay period.

Yea, I take it back. An extra $2200 a year aint something to scoff at.

Now add the nearly double child tax credit which is CASH in your pocket not a deduction. While I'm seeing thousands a year more from the tax cuts in my paycheck, many people at my income level are going to get whacked hard by the SALT $10k cap. I won't because I'm a fiscal conservative. I purchased 1/3rd of the house I can afford at 1/3rd the property tax. I also live in a state with no state income tax so I'm still under the combined state income tax and property tax SALT cap.

“Trump on Sunday touted provisions in the recently-passed GOP tax plan, while pushing back against polls that indicate the measure is unpopular among the U.S. public.
[…]
Several polls indicated a majority of Americans don't like the new measure.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found last week that a majority of Americans, 63 percent, say the bill will benefit the wealthy and corporations, compared to 22 percent who say the plan will help all individuals equally.

The poll also found that 24 percent of Americans think the tax plan is a good idea, while 41 percent say it’s a bad idea.

A CNN poll also out last week found that 55 percent polled oppose the tax-reform plan, while 33 percent said they favored the plan.”

Trump defends new tax-cut bill amid negative polls

The irony, of course, is that Trump and Congressional Republicans pushed through the tax scam in an effort to curry favor with the voters in a pathetic and failed attempt to demonstrate they’ve ‘accomplished something.’

When in fact the only thing Trump and Congressional Republicans have accomplished is to cut taxes for only the wealthy, render millions of American without access to affordable healthcare, and increase the deficit.
/——/ Another poll of 350 random adults. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

“Trump on Sunday touted provisions in the recently-passed GOP tax plan, while pushing back against polls that indicate the measure is unpopular among the U.S. public.
[…]

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found last week that a majority of Americans, 63 percent, say the bill will benefit the wealthy and corporations, compared to 22 percent who say the plan will help all individuals equally.

The poll also found that 24 percent of Americans think the tax plan is a good idea, while 41 percent say it’s a bad idea.

A CNN poll also out last week found that 55 percent polled oppose the tax-reform plan, while 33 percent said they favored the plan.”

The irony, of course, is that Trump and Congressional Republicans pushed through the tax scam in an effort to curry favor with the voters in a pathetic and failed attempt to demonstrate they’ve ‘accomplished something.’

When in fact the only thing Trump and Congressional Republicans have accomplished is to cut taxes for only the wealthy, render millions of American without access to affordable healthcare, and increase the deficit.

I can't find anyone who's making more today than they were before the tax bill. I have to be honest I don't look at my paychecks but I was hoping to hear everyone, especially Republicans, bragging about the extra money they have in their paychecks every week. I'm beginning to think this tax bill was a fake. That in the end it was nothing for us middle class people and just another gift to the rich.

I could be wrong. I may be making $300 more every 2 weeks. I don't look at my paychecks so I can't tell. Can anyone here confirm they are making more money and how much more?

I for one have mentioned the fact that I have seen an increase since the tax cut, and since a majority is now happy with the cut, I would have to assume they must be bringing home more as well.

[…]

I for one have mentioned the fact that I have seen an increase since the tax cut, and since a majority is now happy with the cut, I would have to assume they must be bringing home more as well.
/——/ The Lame Stream Media begrudgingly admits Americans are surprising happy with keeping their own money. Tax Overhaul Gains Public Support, Buoying Republicans

[…]

OH NO! NOT NEGATIVE POLLS!!!

[…]

Why did my accounting dept say the first checks to reflect the break are coming this Friday. Are you lying about seeing a difference or have they kicked in earlier for some states?

[…]

Why did my accounting dept say the first checks to reflect the break are coming this Friday. Are you lying about seeing a difference or have they kicked in earlier for some states?
/——/ depends on the state and accounting system

[…]

/——/ The Lame Stream Media begrudgingly admits Americans are surprising happy with keeping their own money. Tax Overhaul Gains Public Support, Buoying Republicans

Well of course we want the money but what will the costs be down the road?

The 1981 tax cuts were swiftly followed by a ballooning of the federal deficit, from 2.8 percent of national income in 1980 to a peak of 6.3 percent by 1983.

Forum List

Back