Trump declares himself a Nationalist CNN says it's racist

We need more patriotism and less nationalism.
what we really need is to stop calling patriotism nationalism
Patriotism = applied nationalism

I disagree. Nationalism is loyalty to one's nation. Patriotism, is loyalty to your community/society/values. A patriot is allowed, even expected, to be critical of their government. Nationalism demands loyalty to a government and a regime, often at the expense of values and principles. In short, a nationalist subscribes to "my country, right or wrong", whereas a patriot works to ensure their country is right.

I disagree. Nationalism is loyalty to one's nation. Patriotism, is loyalty to your community/society/values. A patriot is allowed, even expected, to be critical of their government. Nationalism demands loyalty to a government and a regime, often at the expense of values and principles. In short, a nationalist subscribes to "my country, right or wrong", whereas a patriot works to ensure their country is right.
Educate yourself before you masturbate yourself.

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
noun: nationalist; plural noun: nationalists
  1. 1.
    a person who advocates political independence for a country.
    "a Scottish nationalist"
    • a person with strong patriotic feelings, especially one who believes in the superiority of their country over others.
dictionary - Google Search

“You know, they have a word, it sort of became old-fashioned. It’s called a nationalist,” Trump said at a campaign event in Houston, where he rallied voters to support Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) in November’s midterm elections.
“And I say, ‘Really? We’re not supposed to use that word,’” Trump continued. “You know what I am? I’m a nationalist. OK? I’m a nationalist.”
Trump: 'I'm a nationalist'

So Trump joins "nationalist" the likes of Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Francisco Franco, Muammar Gaddafi, Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin and Rodrigo Duterte. All autocrats.
Look how things turned out for their countries, their people.their and there freedom.
This is not what those buried in Arlington Cemetery fought for, it's what they fought against. Fact.
FDR, Truman and JFK were also nationalists, bubba.

Hmmm, they aren't on the list, why is that?
List of figures in nationalism - Wikipedia

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"
    • a person with strong patriotic feelings, especially one who believes in the superiority of their country over others.

Blow me. You can find dictionary definitions for pretty much anything you want. Let's dispense with fighting over terminology and I'll just say that whatever it is Trump is engaged in is not what makes me proud of my country. It disgusts me. Pride in my country comes from real commitment to the principles and values that make our society worth living in. Trump has no consistent principles or values outside of 'winning'.

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

Blow me. You can find dictionary definitions for pretty much anything you want. Let's dispense with fighting over terminology and I'll just say that whatever it is Trump is engaged in is not what makes me proud of my country. It disgusts me. Pride in my country comes from real commitment to the principles and values that make our society worth living in. Trump has no consistent principles or values outside of 'winning'.
Argue with the dictionary. It suits you.

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

And: I bolded key for you to chew on.
na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
noun: nationalism
  1. patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
    synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism
    "their extreme nationalism was frightening"
    • an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.

“You know, they have a word, it sort of became old-fashioned. It’s called a nationalist,” Trump said at a campaign event in Houston, where he rallied voters to support Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) in November’s midterm elections.
“And I say, ‘Really? We’re not supposed to use that word,’” Trump continued. “You know what I am? I’m a nationalist. OK? I’m a nationalist.”
Trump: 'I'm a nationalist'

So Trump joins "nationalist" the likes of Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Francisco Franco, Muammar Gaddafi, Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin and Rodrigo Duterte. All autocrats.
Look how things turned out for their countries, their people and their freedom.
This is not what those buried in Arlington Cemetery fought for, it's what they fought against. Fact.
------------------------------------------------ those Americans in Arlington Probably fought against the 'nationalism' of the enemy . But i don't think that my American DAD or UNCLES that really did fight 'nazis' and others for the USA ever told me that Nationalist was a bad word or description when used as the TRUMP uses it 'mr new zealander' . Nationalist sure looks better to me then GLOBALIST Kiwiman !!

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"
----------------------------------------- thank you Aba !!

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
    synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, flag-waving, xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism
    • an extreme form of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.
Extreme undermines your own point.

But thanks for discrediting dblack's nationalism vs patriotism tripe.

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
----------------------------------------------- USA is superior and the TRUMP is just saying it Kiwiman .

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
--------------------------------------- and looks to me that your definition uses rather NEW lefty words that you BOLDED rather than the normal English words that the other definition uses Kiwiman . I think that your definition is sorta like NEW SPEAK or Lefty redefining of the concept of Nationalism Kiwiman .

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
--------------------------------------- and looks to me that your definition uses rather NEW lefty words rather than the normal English like Aba's definition uses Kiwiman . I think that your definition is sorta like NEW SPEAK or Lefty redefining of words Kiwiman .
Notice he didn't post a link. :p

Is that the best CNN whiners can do these days playing the tired phony race card? You almost gotta laugh at Jim Acosta who claims to be depressed about the turnout in President Trump's rallies.

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
-------------------------------------------------- yeah , lets just throw the word --- EXTREME --- in there as it makes 'Kiwi' definition look 'mo' important and scary .

Last edited:

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
--------------------------------------- and looks to me that your definition uses rather NEW lefty words rather than the normal English like Aba's definition uses Kiwiman . I think that your definition is sorta like NEW SPEAK or Lefty redefining of words Kiwiman .

https://www.google.com/search?q=nationalism&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

nationalist
/ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪst/
noun
  1. 1.
    "a Scottish nationalist"

na·tion·al·ism
/ˈnaSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun

https://www.google.com/search?q=nationalism&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
You don't see your obvious and glaring mistake? Besides, "Extreme" ruins your point.

The Don said he was a nationalist, which is the word I looked up. :)

Nationalism - Wikipedia

Nationalism is a political, social, and economic system characterized by the promotion of the interests of a particular nation, especially with the aim of gaining and maintaining sovereignty (self-governance) over the homeland. The political ideology of nationalism holds that a nation should govern itself, free from outside interference and is linked to the concept of self-determination. Nationalism is further oriented towards developing and maintaining a national identity based on shared, social characteristics, such as culture and language, religion and politics, and a belief in a common ancestry.[1][2] Nationalism, therefore, seeks to preserve a nation's culture, by way of pride in national achievements, and is closely linked to patriotism, which, in some cases, includes the belief that the nation should control the country's government and the means of production.[3]

During last night’s rally in Houston, President Trump declared himself a ‘nationalist,’ which triggered CNN’s Don Lemon, as well as many other unhinged leftists, into crying ‘racist’.
CNN are suck fkn idiots.

MKULTRA's heart of idiot indoctrination and the dumbasses don't even realize that' is what's going on.

Trump Declares Himself A ‘Nationalist; CNN Says It’s Racist
-------------

Leave it to CNN the very idiots who have been caugght lying over and over and over. yet ppl still use them as their truth bible lol. You have got to be one retard to still believe anything these backholes say.

Now there are very few times I will actually use thei rarticles or post them , but often it is to show they lied and or there's actual truth to what they've written. You can be sure it isn't a Trump hating writer if that is the case.

CNN says that the Whiteness of cow's milk represents white privilege....those guys have their assholes up behind their cranium somewhere and they keep shitting into their own brains.....

It's the only explanation for all of this stuff.

JO

During last night’s rally in Houston, President Trump declared himself a ‘nationalist,’ which triggered CNN’s Don Lemon, as well as many other unhinged leftists, into crying ‘racist’.
CNN are suck fkn idiots.

MKULTRA's heart of idiot indoctrination and the dumbasses don't even realize that' is what's going on.

Trump Declares Himself A ‘Nationalist; CNN Says It’s Racist
-------------

Leave it to CNN the very idiots who have been caugght lying over and over and over. yet ppl still use them as their truth bible lol. You have got to be one retard to still believe anything these backholes say.

Now there are very few times I will actually use thei rarticles or post them , but often it is to show they lied and or there's actual truth to what they've written. You can be sure it isn't a Trump hating writer if that is the case.

CNN says that the Whiteness of cow's milk represents white privilege....those guys have their assholes up behind their cranium somewhere and they keep shitting into their own brains.....

It's the only explanation for all of this stuff.

JO
--------------------------------------------- aw for years these third worlders have been being let in to mow lawns , rent houses , baby sit , sell drugs so they make up a sizable population of the USA where these arriving third worlders can just move into houses held by family and then put their kids in school and feed the kids with food stamps and then get medical care . Then 'catholic' and other charity gets them backpacks , shoes and socks and thats the end of it JOff !!.

Forum List

Back