Trump Chaos and 2020

So, what is it Mac, are you rooting for America to fail?
Precisely what have I said that would motivate you to ask that question?

Well, you seem to be saying to me that you think Trump is failing on the economy...I showed you where the Fed is working against Trump, while they worked with Obama, and Trump's numbers still beat Obama's according to CNBC....So, we both know that President's are reelected on kitchen table issues like their own personal feeling on their wallet, and as of right now people feel pretty damned good about that....So, Democrats are in trouble...And I would add that Indy's out there today sound more like Dem's on the issue, so they are toast too if they try to go up against what people feel is a good economy.
Perhaps you didn't read the last paragraph of my post, in which I said the economy is in pretty good shape, not in danger of recession, and could improve.

Why did you skip that part?

The fact that I don't agree 100% with you doesn't mean I am "rooting for America to fail" or that "Trump is failing on the economy". That's silly, binary, shallow, winger thinking. This is my profession, so I have to take the economy seriously.

Ok, It just seems as though your analysis is tinged first and foremost with Trump NOT suceeding, and IF this is really your profession, (which specifically I don't know what that means) then you should know that a President doesn't unilatterally control "the economy"....

Well, you seem to be saying to me that you think Trump is failing on the economy...I showed you where the Fed is working against Trump, while they worked with Obama, and Trump's numbers still beat Obama's according to CNBC....So, we both know that President's are reelected on kitchen table issues like their own personal feeling on their wallet, and as of right now people feel pretty damned good about that....So, Democrats are in trouble...And I would add that Indy's out there today sound more like Dem's on the issue, so they are toast too if they try to go up against what people feel is a good economy.
Perhaps you didn't read the last paragraph of my post, in which I said the economy is in pretty good shape, not in danger of recession, and could improve.

The fact that I don't agree 100% with you doesn't mean I am "rooting for America to fail" or that "Trump is failing on the economy". That's silly, binary, shallow, winger thinking. This is my profession, so I have to take the economy seriously.

Ok, It just seems as though your analysis is tinged first and foremost with Trump NOT suceeding, and IF this is really your profession, (which specifically I don't know what that means) then you should know that a President doesn't unilatterally control "the economy"....
What "seems" to you may not be correct.

Trump and his followers are pretending that the economy is great, because that's what partisans do when they're in power.

The Left is looking for any excuse to talk it down, because that's what partisans do when they're out of power.

I'm not ideological. So I can just be honest.

Trump and his followers are pretending that the economy is great, because that's what partisans do when they're in power.

The Left is looking for any excuse to talk it down, because that's what partisans do when they're out of power.

Why should I trust you? You're just an anonymous avatar on a message board?

Agreed!

I'm just not interested in playing partisan games. If you want to do that, there are plenty of left wingers here.

Agreed!

I'm just not interested in playing partisan games. If you want to do that, there are plenty of left wingers here.

Ok, then, why are you basing your assesment on one quarter of sub par growth? If I were to do that I would argue that the first quarter adjusted growth of 3.1% shows that his policies are working....Right? I didn't do that, because even as a career truck driver, I know that NOTHING is what it appears without a proper amount of time to assess it...

Agreed!

Ok, then, why are you basing your assesment on one quarter of sub par growth? If I were to do that I would argue that the first quarter adjusted growth of 3.1% shows that his policies are working....Right? I didn't do that, because even as a career truck driver, I know that NOTHING is what it appears without a proper amount of time to assess it...
I'm looking at the big picture: Bonds, the Fed, inflation, the manufacturing recession, world growth, corporate spending, the fact that the deficit was exploded in a period of growth, trends. All of those are important elements.

Also, I'm not making assumptions on the future, predictions, or extrapolations. I'm talking about where we are right now, and Trump & his followers are saying the economy is great right now. That's demonstrably not true. So that claim demonstrates either ignorance or dishonesty.

As I said, a good trade deal could be a great shot in the arm. But I don't know what's going to happen there.

Agreed!

I'm looking at the big picture: Bonds, the Fed, inflation, the manufacturing recession, world growth, corporate spending, the fact that the deficit was exploded in a period of growth, trends. All of those are important elements.

Also, I'm not making assumptions on the future, predictions, or extrapolations. I'm talking about where we are right now, and Trump & his followers are saying the economy is great right now. That's demonstrably not true. So that claim demonstrates either ignorance or dishonesty.

As I said, a good trade deal could be a great shot in the arm. But I don't know what's going to happen there.

Well, none of us do...But with that said, the President, like any leader is the top salesman for the country in a sense, right? So, it would make sense to me that he talk us up....Don't you think?

Agreed!

Well, none of us do...But with that said, the President, like any leader is the top salesman for the country in a sense, right? So, it would make sense to me that he talk us up....Don't you think?
It's all a matter of degree. There's positivity (and I'm all for that) and there's blatant dishonesty (which is destructive).

Our problem right now is that intellectual honesty is no longer a particular priority on either end of the spectrum, and this attitude appears to be metastasizing.

Agreed!

It's all a matter of degree. There's positivity (and I'm all for that) and there's blatant dishonesty (which is destructive).

Our problem right now is that intellectual honesty is no longer a particular priority on either end of the spectrum, and this attitude appears to be metastasizing.

Except with you of course....

Agreed!

You're welcome to point out any dishonesty.

But use quotes of what I actually said. Wingers have a tough time with that part. They're rather make up what it "seems" I said.

But use quotes of what I actually said. Wingers have a tough time with that part. They're rather make up what it "seems" I said.

That's fair, but to tell you the truth, deep economic discussions glaze my eyes over...That's why I prefer to approach the issue on what I see, you know, everyday observation....And from what I can see, it's going pretty good, and that is trouble for Democrats running against him...

That's fair, but to tell you the truth, deep economic discussions glaze my eyes over...That's why I prefer to approach the issue on what I see, you know, everyday observation....And from what I can see, it's going pretty good, and that is trouble for Democrats running against him...
Well, I'm a financial geek, so I'm addicted to it, and I find some pretty boring shit fascinating as hell.

Yep, we're doing fairly well overall, and yes, that would be a big advantage for Trump.

This is just the last few days. It has been like this for over two years now. It's happened with such frequency that it almost seems NORMAL, and that's the LAST thing it should be.

A pity petulance isn't an impeachable offense

This man should not be in the White House. He is unstable, he is not mentally well, he has no empathy or loyalty or decency or dignity, and he's becoming a literal danger to this country. This can't continue

His supporters actually applaud him his behavior w/all manner of 'tough guy' claims

So now I have to prepare myself to do it again, against my impulses and wishes.

Preparing one's self for lack of choice, illusion of democracy & loss of freedoms in an orwellian dystopia is easier once accepted

~S~
That began after the masses made the US withdraw from Vietnam...

Well, I'm a financial geek, so I'm addicted to it, and I find some pretty boring shit fascinating as hell.

Yep, we're doing fairly well overall, and yes, that would be a big advantage for Trump.
Unless you are going crippled..

In your profession...did you steer people away from stocks because Trump was elected?

It actually looks like the Fed was trying to slow down or cool off the economy. ZIRP ended when Trump was elected..which is quite a headwind.

rate cuts.jpg

In your profession...did you steer people away from stocks because Trump was elected?
Nope. Short-term trading based on what we can't know is foolish.

This being the case would you participate in a non political thread on the topic? The internet isnt just for arguing.

It actually looks like the Fed was trying to slow down or cool off the economy. ZIRP ended when Trump was elected..which is quite a headwind.

View attachment 285396

View attachment 285396

Absolutely....Yet, Trump policies actually helped the economy despite the Fed seemingly working against him.

Forum List

Back