Trump and Warren Agree? Maybe, on Plan to Shrink Big Banks [WITH FAKE NEWS]

I especially liked your first link.....

Let’s stipulate a few things. First, Glass-Steagall was one of the most successful financial laws Congress has ever enacted. Before Glass-Steagall, financial panics, as they used to be called, were a staple of American life. But after the Depression, financial crises stopped until 2008, by which time it had been repealed.

Second, as William Cohan points out in his new book, “Why Wall Street Matters,” the elimination of Glass-Steagall had virtually nothing to do with the near cataclysm that took place in 2008. Think about the firms whose failure led to the crisis: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, American International Group Inc., Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers. The first two were government-sponsored entities, the third was an insurance company and the latter two were pure investment banks. Not one of them had a commercial banking component. (Another, bigger investment bank, Merrill Lynch, would have failed if Bank of America Corp. hadn’t bought it at the height of the crisis.) Some of the biggest banks to fail, like Washington Mutual and IndyMac, had no investment banking arm.

But many did is the point you are ignoring. And the lesson, toddie, is that was you don't let investment banks have commercial interests. And many banks that failed had both. How about that? Read everything, toddie, my boy.

But many did is the point you are ignoring. And the lesson, toddie, is that was you don't let investment banks have commercial interests. And many banks that failed had both. How about that? Read everything, toddie, my boy.

And many banks that failed had both.

Cool story. You have a list?

It's in the links I gave you. Why do you keep revealing yourself as so ill-informed, toddie?

It's in the links I gave you. Why do you keep revealing yourself as so ill-informed, toddie?

No list of "many banks that failed had both" in your links.

Forum List

Back