Trump and Teddy Roosevelt, Very Similar and Great Presidents

Can't help but draw correlation between the two personalities. President Trump's visit to Daytona 500 is classic TR. Hit the small play button to watch video.
Theodore Roosevelt: Personality | Season 1 | The Roosevelts
As Theodore Roosevelt is my favorite president, I would have to vehemently disagree on the concept he and Trump being very similar.
Theodore Roosevelt was directly responsible for the creation of our nation's National Parks and National Forests. Trump looks at what wildlands remain and sees only resources for development and dollars. When Trump looks at threatened wildlife, he sees only creatures in the way of business development. Trump only looks at this continent in the form of resources and money to be made. Teddy looked at the wild places and saw that businessmen would sell off every tree and develop on every tract of land, in order to make a buck.
Theodore Roosevelt wanted to bring in Social Security for the elderly, but was thwarted by Conservative Republicans. It took his successor to actually get it implemented.
Trump would like nothing better than to see Social Security to sink and his only solution is for people to set up a retirement savings account, even though it takes two people working to keep a household going these days and most live paycheck to paycheck.
Theodore Roosevelt owned multiple firearms, strongly believing in the Second Amendment and its purpose.
It would appear that Trump only gives lip service to supporting the Second Amendment, which is under attack. If he actually believed in the Second Amendment, there would be an Executive Order by now, ceasing any more restrictions on the types of firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens.
Theodore Roosevelt was what we would call today, a Progressive Republican.
Trump is a Conservative Republican.
About the only similarity I can see is that Theodore Roosevelt was very pro-military, which Trump is also.
Having said all that, I will still be voting for Trump, because he supports strong borders and vetting those attempting to come into the US, as well as free speech and also because the left has gotten so evil, it's sickening. They are clearly going Marxist-Leninist on us.
What public land has Trump turned over to private industry? Didn't TR force the coal mine owners to negotiate with the miners, and he used his office to act as an arbitrator? Did not President Trump take the side of mine workers? Hasn't Trump negotiated trade deals that are favorable to American workers and "level the playing field" like TR always talked about? How has Trump diminished the 2nd Amendment? Can't find an issue like that in TR's day. Didn't TR dig the Panama canal in spite of screaming from the Senate? Didn't Trump pull out of Paris Agreement and Iran Nuclear Deal despite screaming Democrats in the Congress? Didn't TR invite Booker T. Washington to the White House despite complaints of many in power? Hasn't Trump reached out to black voters as a Republican and may very well get the largest % of their vote in 2020 since Eisenhower? No,no,no...I see many similarities.
Trump opened up our public lands for development. You might want to do your research.

Donald Trump will never be honored with a memorial like Mt. Rushmore. He will never be viewed as a great or even good President. Anyone who thinks history will be kind to Donald Trump is delusional.
He will be ranked above Carter, Clinton, and Obama...that's for sure.
No, he won't.
He has already accomplished more than all three of them.

Can't help but draw correlation between the two personalities. President Trump's visit to Daytona 500 is classic TR. Hit the small play button to watch video.
Theodore Roosevelt: Personality | Season 1 | The Roosevelts
As Theodore Roosevelt is my favorite president, I would have to vehemently disagree on the concept he and Trump being very similar.
Theodore Roosevelt was directly responsible for the creation of our nation's National Parks and National Forests. Trump looks at what wildlands remain and sees only resources for development and dollars. When Trump looks at threatened wildlife, he sees only creatures in the way of business development. Trump only looks at this continent in the form of resources and money to be made. Teddy looked at the wild places and saw that businessmen would sell off every tree and develop on every tract of land, in order to make a buck.
Theodore Roosevelt wanted to bring in Social Security for the elderly, but was thwarted by Conservative Republicans. It took his successor to actually get it implemented.
Trump would like nothing better than to see Social Security to sink and his only solution is for people to set up a retirement savings account, even though it takes two people working to keep a household going these days and most live paycheck to paycheck.
Theodore Roosevelt owned multiple firearms, strongly believing in the Second Amendment and its purpose.
It would appear that Trump only gives lip service to supporting the Second Amendment, which is under attack. If he actually believed in the Second Amendment, there would be an Executive Order by now, ceasing any more restrictions on the types of firearms currently owned by law-abiding citizens.
Theodore Roosevelt was what we would call today, a Progressive Republican.
Trump is a Conservative Republican.
About the only similarity I can see is that Theodore Roosevelt was very pro-military, which Trump is also.
Having said all that, I will still be voting for Trump, because he supports strong borders and vetting those attempting to come into the US, as well as free speech and also because the left has gotten so evil, it's sickening. They are clearly going Marxist-Leninist on us.
What public land has Trump turned over to private industry? Didn't TR force the coal mine owners to negotiate with the miners, and he used his office to act as an arbitrator? Did not President Trump take the side of mine workers? Hasn't Trump negotiated trade deals that are favorable to American workers and "level the playing field" like TR always talked about? How has Trump diminished the 2nd Amendment? Can't find an issue like that in TR's day. Didn't TR dig the Panama canal in spite of screaming from the Senate? Didn't Trump pull out of Paris Agreement and Iran Nuclear Deal despite screaming Democrats in the Congress? Didn't TR invite Booker T. Washington to the White House despite complaints of many in power? Hasn't Trump reached out to black voters as a Republican and may very well get the largest % of their vote in 2020 since Eisenhower? No,no,no...I see many similarities.
Trump opened up our public lands for development. You might want to do your research.
Link. What federally protected lands?

Won't be long until Republicans will be calling Trump the Trust-Buster, and them we can all go to bed at night safe and secure.

Won't be long until Republicans will be calling Trump the Trust-Buster, and them we can all go to bed at night safe and secure.
When the term Trust-Buster was used with TR it was because he broke up the Standard Oil monopoly. When the term Trust-Buster is used with Trump it is because he has destroyed all trust in the American presidency.

Forum List

Back