True Story

Hawkeye

Rookie
Dec 7, 2012
I was in the Cleveland-Hopkins airport Monday walking by a middle-aged businessman getting his shoes shined by an elderly black man. He said, "Ohio, huh...you folks are the ones to blame for the upcoming collapse of the economy." I paused for a moment and listened. He went on, "I didn't realize Ohio was a state of takers instead of producers...then went on about welfare and entitlements...Obama's not doing your race justice...". The old man didn't say anything as he worked hard to put a shine on the man's shoes. It was all I could do not to say something and part of me wanted to punch the businessman in the face, but I went on thinking I'd just ruin that poor man's chance at a decent tip. True Story.

I was in the Cleveland-Hopkins airport Monday walking by a middle-aged businessman getting his shoes shined by an elderly black man. He said, "Ohio, huh...you folks are the ones to blame for the upcoming collapse of the economy." I paused for a moment and listened. He went on, "I didn't realize Ohio was a state of takers instead of producers...then went on about welfare and entitlements...Obama's not doing your race justice...". The old man didn't say anything as he worked hard to put a shine on the man's shoes. It was all I could do not to say something and part of me wanted to punch the businessman in the face, but I went on thinking I'd just ruin that poor man's chance at a decent tip. True Story.

I probably would have read the guy the riot act and then gave the shoe shiner a tip. Can't stand it when people do crap like that....but I dont necessarily blame him either.
As a conservative, I have my own sentiments...and it has nothing to do with the people...it has to do with the culture of our politics. There is a serious divide out there and in no way do I blame the people for it....I blame our politicians and I blame the media. They both gain from sensationalism...and a divide creates sensationalism.

If you dont have a link you are lying :) lol

I know you are only making a joke, but sadly, on thios board, that is the general attitude. "prove it".....no deabte...just "prove it"....

Truth is, there is no doubt that there is a serious divide in this country created by our elected officials and magnified by the media....and it gets worse everyday.

I would have gave him a tip, but only had plastic on me and was heading for a meeting. I consider myself an independent, but the hatefulness makes me lean toward the democrats right although I don't agree with many of their positions. The average American who's willing to work hard needs better opportunities.

I know you are only making a joke, but sadly, on thios board, that is the general attitude. "prove it".....no deabte...just "prove it"....

Truth is, there is no doubt that there is a serious divide in this country created by our elected officials and magnified by the media....and it gets worse everyday.

Yes I was joking. I got told my thread of my gf's 2nd grader having to get an Ipad for school was BS. lol dont have much of an argument, ey? You are right. Very serious divide!

I would have gave him a tip, but only had plastic on me and was heading for a meeting. I consider myself an independent, but the hatefulness makes me lean toward the democrats right although I don't agree with many of their positions. The average American who's willing to work hard needs better opportunities.

yes, there is hatred form the right to the left, but you are mistaken if you dont think there is equal hatred form the left to the right.

And sadly, as a business owner (well, as a former business owner), I can tell you...... it is not wise for an employee to walk into work with disdain for his/her employer for it has a direct negative affect on ones attitude in the workplace...and that has a negative affect on ones status in the workplace.

Actually, the businessman was making very valid points. :cool:

Yes I was joking. I got told my thread of my gf's 2nd grader having to get an Ipad for school was BS. lol dont have much of an argument, ey? You are right. Very serious divide!

the irony is.....you are a liar if you dont have proof....but as one who is a conservative, when I ask the left for proof for their sentiments, I am told it is an ideology...and in time proof will be evident.

For example...
I say my insurance premium has gone up by nearly 20% since the ACA was passed and I see no way for it to go the other way as promised...
and I am told
"prove your premium went up 20% or STFU...which I cant do without presenting my personal info on the internet....
But then I say...
"prove to me the ACA will cut costs to the people"...and the response is...
"give it time, it will"

Actually, the businessman was making very valid points. :cool:

His points may have been valid, but he was blaming a man that may not at all be involved in it.

Negged for lying and calling it a true story.

LLLLLLLLiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkk

You are kidding....yes?

the irony is.....you are a liar if you dont have proof....but as one who is a conservative, when I ask the left for proof for their sentiments, I am told it is an ideology...and in time proof will be evident.

For example...
I say my insurance premium has gone up by nearly 20% since the ACA was passed and I see no way for it to go the other way as promised...
and I am told
"prove your premium went up 20% or STFU...which I cant do without presenting my personal info on the internet....
But then I say...
"give it time, it will"

I agree. But like with my story I just stated.. WTF was I supposed to do? Tell her to record their convo? Shit is ridiculous

No, it's a honest-to-God true story. I wish I would have punched in the face, but that would make myself a bigger jack-ass than he was.

You are kidding....yes?

No, I'm serious. I think he's flat out lying. He had a cell phone he could have recorded the event. He's just trying to stir up hatred for "WHITE BUSINESSMEN and he's trying to PLAY THE RACE CARD, he is no INDEPENDENT, he's and OWS dude.

For example...
and I am told
But then I say...
"give it time, it will"

I agree. But like with my story I just stated.. WTF was I supposed to do? Tell her to record their convo? Shit is ridiculous

Yeah....funny....Next time wire up your second grader with a recording device before sending her to school.

Otherwsie, you will never be allowed to debate on this board again!

And the irony?

People on here will state as FACT what they hear their politicians of choice say. I do...if I see the logic in what was said...but I dont EVER ask someone to prove what they tell me...afterall....this is a DEBATE board.

You are kidding....yes?

No, I'm serious. I think he's flat out lying. He had a cell phone he could have recorded the event. He's just trying to stir up hatred for "WHITE BUSINESSMEN and he's trying to PLAY THE RACE CARD, he is no INDEPENDENT, he's and OWS dude.

Do you not think that such encounters and dialogues take place in a country of 300 million people?

You are kidding....yes?

Do you not think that such encounters and dialogues take place in a country of 300 million people?

It's just too damn pat, it covers all the dnc talking points. get a clue.

LOL...although I did four and a half years at sea in Reagan's navy, it's not a sea-story or I would have have started it out "This is not shit, man...". I did seem kind of surreal to tell you the truth. Looking back and although I was kind of in a hurry, I wish I'd have called the son-of-a-bitch out.

Forum List

Back