True Story of Abduction, and psychic abilities

Discussion in 'Paranormal' started by PredFan, Dec 2, 2012.

1. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,615
    Years back I was visited by a race of aliens. They needed me to help them get their crashed space ship started again so they could leave. Upon examining their interstellar drive i realized that their ship was powered by a Brownian Motion Generator. All I needed to do was brew a cup of hot tea and place it in the generator's core. It worked.

In return for my help they granted me temporary psychic abilities. I immediately sat down and wrote the predicions for the coming year. I sealed them up and had one of my co-workers sign here name accross the back of the envelope to prevent tampering with the contents. One year later, I opened the envelope in front of everyone at work and all 50 of my predictions proved to be true.

These co-workers, who believed in the paranormal and knew I was a skeptic were skeptical of my story until I opened the envelope. Of course none of them believed my story despite the irrefutable proof of my psychic powers that they themselves witnessed.

This is a true story. i made 50 predicitions for the following 365 days and all 50 came true. therefor, how can anyone deny the rest of my story?

2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    I always knew there was something special about you.

3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    I want some of the shit you've been smoking.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,387
    Gimme some winning Lotto numbers. And make it snappy.

5. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,344
    LOL, I love the story Predfan. And it really does cut to the heart of this concept: what do we believe of what people have experienced? What is real? What isn't? Those of us who have witnessed or experienced 'otherworldly' phenomenon know what we have experienced. But there is no way to prove it. To relate it runs the real risk of people thinking we're looney tunes. But if nobody relates it, how do we learn and investigate?

On my "The Paranormal, the Supernatural, and the Extraterrestrial" thread, I included a poll. And one person checked that they had been on board an alien spacecraft. Was that a joke? Or does that person believe it? And if he or she believes it, could it be true? How can we know?

I find the whole subject fascinating.

6. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,615
    Nah dude that actually happened.

Every prediction I made came true, all 50 of them.

7. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,615
    Sorry, the "gift" I got from the aliens was temporary.

8. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,615
    The point of that little stunt of mine was to spoof the believers. They know I'm a skeptic. I asked them why they didn't believe me and my story but they believe someone else's story. In my case they know in their hearts that it was a trick but they don't know how I did it. I tried to make them see that the things they believed were also tricks and that just because they didn't know how it was done doesn't mean that it's real.

In debating the paranromal, most often people will demand that I explain, since I don't believe, they things they saw. They feel that they have won and proven their case if I can't explain it or my explanation is "lame" according to them. Most often I can't explain what they saw, but that in no way means that I have to accept their explanation that it was metaphysical in nature.

Another thing I like to throw at people:

"I believe in UFOs, but I don't believe we've ever been visited by sentient beings."

9. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,344
    And though I don't know and have no experience with it, my gut feeling is that we probably have been visited by other worldly sentient beings. All things considered it just seems more reasonable to believe they are out there than to not believe.

At least when you have so many seemingly reasonable people who claim to have encountered them, I think it wise to keep open the possibility that all of them were not hallucinating or making it up.

10. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,615
    Even if they are out there, whay would that be evidence that they have visited us?

I disagree. How is it wise?