True or False questions

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
The gas prices went up because America is addicted to oil. (bush) t or f

The economy is not good because Americans are a bunch of whiners. (Phil Gramm McCain’s advisor, the one that caused this banking crisis) t or f

The housing market crashed only because people took out bad loans, not because of predatory lending. (The Republicans) t or f

Companies hire illegal’s and outsource to China/India because the American worker sucks. They don’t work hard and they want too much money. (Republicans) t or f

The gas prices went up because America is addicted to oil. (bush) t or f

The economy is not good because Americans are a bunch of whiners. (Phil Gramm McCain’s advisor, the one that caused this banking crisis) t or f

The housing market crashed only because people took out bad loans, not because of predatory lending. (The Republicans) t or f

Companies hire illegal’s and outsource to China/India because the American worker sucks. They don’t work hard and they want too much money. (Republicans) t or f

C'mon dude, take off your tinted specs for at least a tenth of a second. Don't you remember Clinton and the most favored nation. Don't you remember a dem prez and a conservative congress signing off our workers and trade to China....and you're gonna blame one party? LOL.

The gas prices went up because America is addicted to oil.
False.

The economy is not good because Americans are a bunch of whiners.
True.

The housing market crashed only because people took out bad loans, not because of predatory lending.
True.

Companies hire illegal’s and outsource to China/India because the American worker sucks. They don’t work :FIX: effectively and they'd rather vote for more money than earn more money.:/FIX:
True.

C'mon dude, take off your tinted specs for at least a tenth of a second. Don't you remember Clinton and the most favored nation. Don't you remember a dem prez and a conservative congress signing off our workers and trade to China....and you're gonna blame one party? LOL.

Free trade was inevidable. Who made it unfair? Who created loopholes and injected them into bills between 2000-2006 to give companies tax breaks for leaving the US?

Which party talks about fixing NAFTA and which party never met a trade deal they didn't like? McCain wants a trade deal with Columbia. A country that does not deserve a trade deal. Bunch of murderers. If you try and organize labor in Columbia, you get murdered. Should we be doing business with that?

Do you blame McCain for that? No, but you remember Clinton signed NAFTA.

So in your mind everyone is to blame and no one is to blame. How nice. That tells them they can do it again and get away with it because you sure won't put the blame where it belongs.

So basically, the Democrats are always wrong and when the GOP is wrong, "then they are all wrong".

YOu take off the blinders dude.

The above is a poor true/false question. Neither is the primary reason of the housing market crash. When you are looking for the primary reason, you are looking for the root cause. You need to dig deeper for the root cause here. The taking out of bad loans and the effect of predatory lending are simply some of the effects of the causes further up the chain.

Brian

Last edited:
Shared ignorance.
Really?

Although it's true that the U.S. is "addicted" to oil, we've been "addicted" to oil for decades, and the price often went down during that "addiction." It is ignorant to assert that the "addiction" is the reason for the recent increases in prices.

While it's true that the best workers and executives in the world are U.S. workers and executives, these folks are unfortunately a minority in this country these days. Most Americans are unwilling to accept any risk at all, or take responsibility for the negative consequences of their mistakes. The U.S. economy indeed sucks because by and large we are a bunch of whiners. If more of us belted up a bit, and spent more time earning a living rather than whining about how we're not getting "the American Dream (TM)" we're somehow "entitled" to, I suspect our economy would be objectively strong, rather than running on promises of pay-offs that are not earned.

Although it's true that "predatoy" lenders obtained "bad" loans from folks who could not cover them, they also managed to make sure those were "good" loans by getting them insured. Ignorant is the notion that "predatory lenders" in any way pointed a gun at the heads of stupid people and forced them take out loans they could not cover, and nobody pointed a gun at the heads of the insurers who insured those bad loans, and forcing them to promise to cover those bad loans. I don't care how enticing a lender's offer might be; they can offer you the fucking MOON--YOU have to know your limitations, and YOU have to do your own homework, and YOU can't blame anyone but yourself for the consequences of YOUR failure to do so.

Again, while it's true that the best workers in the world are U.S. workers; if a job twisting bolts at Chrysler is not really worth $45,000, AND full health coverage, AND full pension, I don't care how hard a guy works, or how badly he needs that compensation--his job doesn't merit it, and we're fools to let him demand it use the force of government to achieve his fatuous demands. Sadly for this douche and those like him, with their over-developed sense of entitlement, the people who are willing to do that work, for the wages it's worth, are not from this country. If these assholes saved more of their checks, felt a little less worthy of a Harley Davidson, a boat, snowmobiles and a new truck every two years, and more grateful that being functionally illiterate and unwilling to learn a more valuable trade doesn't necessarily mean starvation for their kids, maybe they'd still have jobs, and less time to bitch and moan about how the economy sucks.

Really?

Although it's true that the U.S. is "addicted" to oil, we've been "addicted" to oil for decades, and the price often went down during that "addiction." It is ignorant to assert that the "addiction" is the reason for the recent increases in prices.

While it's true that the best workers and executives in the world are U.S. workers and executives, these folks are unfortunately a minority in this country these days. Most Americans are unwilling to accept any risk at all, or take responsibility for the negative consequences of their mistakes. The U.S. economy indeed sucks because by and large we are a bunch of whiners. If more of us belted up a bit, and spent more time earning a living rather than whining about how we're not getting "the American Dream (TM)" we're somehow "entitled" to, I suspect our economy would be objectively strong, rather than running on promises of pay-offs that are not earned.

Although it's true that "predatoy" lenders obtained "bad" loans from folks who could not cover them, they also managed to make sure those were "good" loans by getting them insured. Ignorant is the notion that "predatory lenders" in any way pointed a gun at the heads of stupid people and forced them take out loans they could not cover, and nobody pointed a gun at the heads of the insurers who insured those bad loans, and forcing them to promise to cover those bad loans. I don't care how enticing a lender's offer might be; they can offer you the fucking MOON--YOU have to know your limitations, and YOU have to do your own homework, and YOU can't blame anyone but yourself for the consequences of YOUR failure to do so.

Again, while it's true that the best workers in the world are U.S. workers; if a job twisting bolts at Chrysler is not really worth $45,000, AND full health coverage, AND full pension, I don't care how hard a guy works, or how badly he needs that compensation--his job doesn't merit it, and we're fools to let him demand it use the force of government to achieve his fatuous demands. Sadly for this douche and those like him, with their over-developed sense of entitlement, the people who are willing to do that work, for the wages it's worth, are not from this country. If these assholes saved more of their checks, felt a little less worthy of a Harley Davidson, a boat, snowmobiles and a new truck every two years, and more grateful that being functionally illiterate and unwilling to learn a more valuable trade doesn't necessarily mean starvation for their kids, maybe they'd still have jobs, and less time to bitch and moan about how the economy sucks.

THere are plenty of hard working Americans who would gladly take those jobs its an ignorant assumption that there aren't. What we have is willing Americans who ask for a decent wage in comparison to illegal help who would gladly work for half of the minimum wage. Then the business owner hires the cheaper labor.

If these predatory lenders held themselves to a higher standard they wouldn't convince these Americans that they were capable of paying off these rediculous loans in the first place.

There is a sense of entitlement in america but not to the extent in your example. My suggestion is we start fixing America and stop worrying about the people trying to get in.

The above is a poor true/false question. Neither is the primary reason of the housing market crash. When you are looking for the primary reason, you are looking for the root cause. You need to dig deeper for the root cause here. The taking out of bad loans and the effect of predatory lending are simply some of the effects of the causes further up the chain.

Brian

I didn't say they were the reason for it. I'm trying to point out that for the past 8 years, the GOP has been blaming us for the economy. Each of the questions are things that the GOP have said about the American people. In essence, blaming us.

Really?

I like your post and you make a lot of great points.

But I think what you free market people got to realize is that if we have a truely free market, then all of us are screwed. Our companies won't stop until mexican's with work visa's are doing all the manual labor at home, and that's if we even have jobs here in America. It may be cheaper to move it down to mexico. So what will Americans do? Remember, we all want a $150K or better homes, cars, tv's, kids, go to college, afford healthcare. What do you think the average salary should be in America? If it is more than what they'll do it for in Mexico, why stay in America?

And why should companies pay any taxes in America when they get it tax free in Mexico?

And a CEO from India is smarter and cheaper than any CEO in America.

And Chinese work smarter and harder and cheaper.

So what is to become of the lower middle class? We need them to run our economy. Do you want them to not make a livable wage?

Sure it's silly to pay $45K plus bene's to a guy on the line. That's why we should socialize medicine and take that off the companies back.

I got to get to work, but you got to realize that if anything goes, soon your job will be in jeopordy. And if not yours, then far too many of us that you should not be so blind just because it can't happen to you. What do you do?

Not a lie but maybe you are being intellectually dishonest. And I didn't mean you specifically. Sorry. I meant you guys in general. Probably you too. :eusa_whistle:

So you are going to take generalized opinions about conservatives. Apply them to me without any evidence and then form an opinion. Gotcha

I like your post and you make a lot of great points.
Thanks.

But I think what you free market people got to realize is that if we have a truely free market, then all of us are screwed.
You mean ". . . all of us stupid, lazy retards with over-developed senses of entitlement." I couldn't possibly care less--the rest of us will be just fine.

Our companies won't stop until mexican's with work visa's are doing all the manual labor at home, and that's if we even have jobs here in America.
This is only true as long as American workers insist upon getting more than their work is worth. Our companies have no particular desire to use Mexican labor instead of domestic labor.

It may be cheaper to move it down to mexico. So what will Americans do?
Maybe they should move. Maybe they should accept that their job won't support the life style they'd like.

Remember, we all want a $150K or better homes, cars, tv's, kids, go to college, afford healthcare.
We can all want, but unless we all earn it, through producing equivalent value, we don't all deserve to get it.

What do you think the average salary should be in America? If it is more than what they'll do it for in Mexico, why stay in America?
The answers here are, "I don't care" and "I don't know why."

And why should companies pay any taxes in America when they get it tax free in Mexico?
I don't know. Why don't you enlighten me?

And a CEO from India is smarter and cheaper than any CEO in America.
If true, then let's hire him--he deserves the work, based on his merits.

And Chinese work smarter and harder and cheaper.
Good. Let's hire them too.

So what is to become of the lower middle class?
Fuck 'em. Let them starve, or be better and cheaper than the Indians and Chinese.

We need them to run our economy.
Apparently not, if we are to accept that the Indians and Chinese are that much better.

That's the precise problem with stupid, lazy retards with over-developed senses of entitlement--they actually think that the rest of us need them to "run our economy." The fact of the matter is that the stupid, lazy retards with over-developed senses of entitlement need us---these assholes are a drag on our economy--we don't need them to run our economy; we need to let them go extinct.

Sure it's silly to pay $45K plus bene's to a guy on the line.
I'm glad you can see that.

That's why we should socialize medicine and take that off the companies back.
This is the dumbest non-sequitur in the world. Why should we all pay for a healthcare system that provides healthcare benefits to assholes that don't earn them?

I got to get to work, but you got to realize that if anything goes, soon your job will be in jeopordy.
I doubt it. I can provide sufficient value to my employer to ensure my job is not in jeopardy of being out-sourced.

And if not yours, then far too many of us that you should not be so blind just because it can't happen to you.
I'm not blind; I just don't care that stupid, lazy retards with over-developed senses of entitlment suffer the predictable consequences of their stupidty, laziness, and over-developed senses of entitlement.

You may be on to something Loki. Maybe all these people are just diseased with ODSE syndrome.

So you are going to take generalized opinions about conservatives. Apply them to me without any evidence and then form an opinion. Gotcha

sealybobo: "gocha back bitch." A response i get from him. You should be careful from this guy. sealybobo seems like a total wack job. Someone over-prescribe him with hallucination pills.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back