True Interpretation of the 2nd Amendment

115,000 people in the USA are shot every year. That's more than in wars!!! All these disabled people are a huge burden on US all.

If anything, instead of abolishing the 2nd amendment
it should be EXPANDED to protect equal right to defense in ALL forms

You are talking some silly Nonsense.

You just don't get it do you, GUNS are BAD, they prevent the wealthy from taking control of the American Sheeple Live Stock, and all live stock at some point needs to be Culled, you can Cull animals if they can fight back, in other words, the American Sheeple have TEETH, the TEETH are the GUNS in America, so before we can begin the Culling, we must first pull the teeth.
No! - Just keep arming the crazies & they will cull the sheeple for you. This is why the first words state:"A well regulated"

Funny, the population and the number of armed citizens keeps growing, but the number of gun related murders has been dropping steadily.

The worst part is that the rarest of the killings get the overwhelming amount of attention. This push to ban the AR15, after the school shooting in Florida, is a perfect example.

115,000 people in the USA are shot every year. That's more than in wars!!! All these disabled people are a huge burden on US all.

Do you have a link for that? Perhaps a breakdown of how many are accidental injuries, suicides or murders?

lady...

I dont' go to sources like the NRA, or Brady, because I find their numbers suspicious.

especially crap like this: " Experts estimate that 1 in 5 guns now sold in America are done so without a Brady background check"

If you were smart, you won't either.

Hmmm

According to the FBI statistics, the total number of murders with weapons per year (gun murders in parenthesis) were as follows:

2010 - 13,164 (8,874)
2011 - 12,795 (8,653)
2012 - 12,888 (8,897)
2013 - 12,253 (8,454)
2014 - 11,961 (8,124)
2015 - 13,455 (9,616)

Why do you suppose the Brady Campaign found between 2630 and 4100 more gun murders than the FBI?

And why oesn't the Brady Campaign list the years for their data? The FBI only lists 11,961 total murders with weapons of any kind for 2014. Only 8,124 gun murders. But the Brady Bunch says it like 12,246 are murdered with guns every year.

You didn't refute jack shit. Your link is only a small fraction of those shot here in the USA. It confirms that 12,246 are illegally murdered. 116,255 got shot & 81,114 survived their gunshots.

It disputed the accuracy of the Brady Campaign figures. They show far more murders than the FBI. Why is that?

According to the FBI, no year between 2010 and 2015 had 12,246 murders with weapons. And the highest number of gun murders in that same period, according to the FBI, was 2015. That year there were 9,616 gun related murders. The reliable facts I can find about 2016 shows that there were around 11,000 gun murders. But the FBI has not released that years statistics yet.

dan, you need an avatar.

Try this one...

th

fits you to a t
i prefer Den, from the Heavy Metal comics.

dear, you have to have an actual argument to support Your claim, or it is just another right wing appeal to ignorance, like usual.

dear, you have to have an actual argument to support Your claim,

WB and I have made actual arguments to back up our stance...

you keep parroting the same debunked claptrap and continue to troll.
dear, you have nothing but fallacy or you would debunk my argument with a better argument, every time this comes up.

Why not simply cede the point and argument.

I have asked and asked for evidence to backup your claims. YOu have provided none at all.

I have tried to engage you in actual debate of facts. You simply make claims with no proof or evidence at all.

It grow tiresome. YOu have made to real argument. Making spurious claims is not an argument.

And your "this is why no one takes rightwingers seriously" or "...just another appeal to ignorance" are just fillers in your nonsensical arguments. When we post facts and you post unproven claims, it is not us who are appealing to ignorance.
dear, you have no facts, Only fallacy induced fantasy. anyone can clam Any Thing. why not support Your contentions with actual arguments; not merely, claims to alleged arguments in your favor.

I have proven my claims. I claimed that the US Constitution cannot be overruled by a state constitution or state law. I provided proof in the Supremacy Clause and several examples of the US Constitution overruling state laws. You simply claimed otherwise, without an iota of evidence.

I contend that the "militia" mentioned in the 2nd amendment refers to citizen soldiers, armed and ready to step up when needed. I provided proof by citing examples of militia used during the times the 2nd amendment was written and during the war that had just ended at that time.

I have said that the word "people" in the 2nd amendment is indeed plural. Because it refers to the population of the nation. I have asked, repeatedly, for any evidence that the 2nd is a collective right, as you claim. You simply keep saying "look in the dictionary". But the first 10 amendments were written specifically to guarantee individual rights. That was stated in the writings of both Madison and Jefferson. So a "collective right" would not have been written into the Bill of Rights at all.

It is you, Dannyboy, that have been relying on fallacy and ignorance. But, like your claims that you are due "your turn" with a woman, whether she wants you or not, your grasp of what the US Constitution says is twisted.

Unless you can offer links or proof to support your claims, I am tired of you simply repeating the same thing over and over.

YOu have lost this argument over and over. Come up with proof or go back to discussing your perverse views on relationships.
dear, you have to have an actual argument to support Your claim, or it is just another right wing appeal to ignorance, like usual.

dear, you have to have an actual argument to support Your claim,

dear, you have nothing but fallacy or you would debunk my argument with a better argument, every time this comes up.

I have asked and asked for evidence to backup your claims. YOu have provided none at all.

I have tried to engage you in actual debate of facts. You simply make claims with no proof or evidence at all.

It grow tiresome. YOu have made to real argument. Making spurious claims is not an argument.

And your "this is why no one takes rightwingers seriously" or "...just another appeal to ignorance" are just fillers in your nonsensical arguments. When we post facts and you post unproven claims, it is not us who are appealing to ignorance.
dear, you have no facts, Only fallacy induced fantasy. anyone can clam Any Thing. why not support Your contentions with actual arguments; not merely, claims to alleged arguments in your favor.

I have proven my claims. I claimed that the US Constitution cannot be overruled by a state constitution or state law. I provided proof in the Supremacy Clause and several examples of the US Constitution overruling state laws. You simply claimed otherwise, without an iota of evidence.

I contend that the "militia" mentioned in the 2nd amendment refers to citizen soldiers, armed and ready to step up when needed. I provided proof by citing examples of militia used during the times the 2nd amendment was written and during the war that had just ended at that time.

I have said that the word "people" in the 2nd amendment is indeed plural. Because it refers to the population of the nation. I have asked, repeatedly, for any evidence that the 2nd is a collective right, as you claim. You simply keep saying "look in the dictionary". But the first 10 amendments were written specifically to guarantee individual rights. That was stated in the writings of both Madison and Jefferson. So a "collective right" would not have been written into the Bill of Rights at all.

It is you, Dannyboy, that have been relying on fallacy and ignorance. But, like your claims that you are due "your turn" with a woman, whether she wants you or not, your grasp of what the US Constitution says is twisted.

Unless you can offer links or proof to support your claims, I am tired of you simply repeating the same thing over and over.

YOu have lost this argument over and over. Come up with proof or go back to discussing your perverse views on relationships.
dear, both militia and the people, are plural and collective, as is the Context in the first clause. What more specific language do your need?

You just don't get it do you, GUNS are BAD, they prevent the wealthy from taking control of the American Sheeple Live Stock, and all live stock at some point needs to be Culled, you can Cull animals if they can fight back, in other words, the American Sheeple have TEETH, the TEETH are the GUNS in America, so before we can begin the Culling, we must first pull the teeth.
No! - Just keep arming the crazies & they will cull the sheeple for you. This is why the first words state:"A well regulated"

This is why the first words state:"A well regulated"
Which is as far as far too many people get,

They somehow miss, ''The right of the People"
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Just a tidbit of history for you. Your hero, George Mason, does not represent much of what the US Constitution actually says. That is why he refused to sign it.

And actually, George Mason wrote a precursor to the 2nd amendment.
from: Mason, Madison, and Militias: A Progressive for a Right to Bear Arms « The Stanford Progressive
"The predecessor to Madison’s Second Amendment came from dissenter George Mason’s proposals at the 1788 Virginia Ratifying Convention. In Section 17 of the proposal, Mason combined, word for word, a portion of the Massachusetts’ Declaration of Rights stating that the people have a right “to keep and to bear arms” with Article 13 from Virginia’s Declaration of Rights (which he also helped write) concerning a well-regulated militia as the defense against a standing army."

dear, both militia and the people, are plural and collective, as is the Context in the first clause. What more specific language do your need?

Do you have any evidence, besides your own claims, that the 2nd amendment is a collective right? Being plural does not necessarily mean collective.

Dear danielpalos CC: ChrisL
Then why are we arguing?
as ChrisL pointed out this in a different post/thread
the "people" are their own "militia."

I think you point out why people are talking past each other.

When "liberals" mean we the people are the govt, they give all the power to "govt" and say "govt is the people."

When "conservatives" mean we the people are the govt, that means the authority belongs to PEOPLE first, not to govt which FOLLOWS AND REFLECTS the consent of the people, not the other way around.

Both sides are arguing that the govt should represent the will (or consent) of the people.

Here you and ChrisL make the same argument
that "militia" MEANS "people."

But somehow saying it the opposite ways:
She is explaining that ALL people are counted as "militia"
You are saying "the people" refers to "GOVT MILITIA"
ie in an official govt role not in the figurative meaning
that the people ARE the AUTHORITY of govt.

You hit the nail on the head, as to why the two sides don't agree. But are coming at this from two different directions.

Do I detect a touch of sarcasm in this entire thread ?

Forum List

Back