Troops Abroad Terrified Of Possible Kerry Presidency

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/28/125438.shtml

U.S. troops on the ground in Iraq arre "terrified" at the prospect that American' back home might elect John Kerry presiedent, a marine and Iraq verteran who is on his way back to the front lines said Monday.

Asked how Kerry's election would affect troop morale in the combat zone, Lance Cpl. Lawrence Romack told KWEL Midland Texas radio host Craig Anderson, "It would destroy it."

Asked if Americans back home were getting an accurate picture of what's happening in the war, the Marine corporal said: "No, they're not. It's not even close. All the press wants to report is the casualty counts. They don't want to report the progress we're making over there."

Amazing how Kerry who is supposed to be presenting himself as a statemen-like Commander and Chief candidate is already having a negative impact on our troops with his own ridiculous rederic just so he can now contrast the President. Imagine what would happen if actually elected???? :eek2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Having Kerry as CIC would force me to re-think my entire postion on how to fight the WOT. Kerry simply has no spine and our troops need the leadership of someone who does!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I'm sure there are some troops who support Kerry...

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Somehow, the military would survive. They survived the Clinton years among other things.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I guess outta 150,000 in Iraq there's bound to be one or two.

6. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    LOL - no doubt. But they're probably in the French army - not our's.

:tank:

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    True they would they are tough and dedicated, but morale is an important thing, on top of which Kerry would not give the troops what they needed, I don't think.

8. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I was walking thru Wiesbaden Germany when the news of Clinton's victory came to me. As a young soldier I was devestated. However, most of the time moral was the responsibility of our local commanders. That said, in a combat zone, a President who lets 'other' countries set OUR 'rules of engagement' was very frustrating. :(

9. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    This is ridiculous.

Just like newsmax's version of journalism to say that all troops on the ground are "terrified" based off of what one guy says, and I'm sure they didn't even do a background check to see if he works for the Bush/Cheney reelection campaign.

10. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,946
    I spent eight years in the U.S. Air Force, and I can tell you that without a doubt, somewhere between 90% and 95% of everyone I ever talked with was pro Republican, because if there's one thing G.I.'s realize well, it's that Republicans "take care" of the military, and the democraps "hate it".

It happens EVERY TIME!!! A democrap gets in the White House, and the first thing they do is make a list of bases to close, weapons to cancel, freeze military pay raises, and start downsizing making G.I.'s take early outs. Then a Republican gets in the White House, and it takes them AT LEAST the best part of a first term to repair the damage done to the military by the last liberal fuck in the White House.

Yes, if kerry gets elected, I believe 100% that troop moral will be in the toilet. There may be the one in a thousand that likes kerry, but he'll be the type of fucker that heaves gernades into tents of their "buddies", because they're fucking islamic or some shit.