A perfect example of why I am not voting for John Kerry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Democrat4Bush, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Democrat4Bush

Democrat4Bush Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The guy cannot make up his freakin mind. Can you imagine him as CIC?

Kerry, August 9th.

On Friday, Bush challenged Kerry to answer whether he would support the war "knowing what we know now" about the failure to find weapons of mass destruction that U.S. and British officials were certain were there. In response, Kerry said: "Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have."

Kerry, September 29th.

"We should not have gone into Iraq knowing today what we know," Kerry told ABC. "Knowing there was no imminent threat to America, knowing there were no weapons of mass destruction, knowing there was no connection between 9/11 and Saddam Hussein, I would not have voted to support war."

Link

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

I wonder why main-stream media doesn't attack these kinds of things more often?

3. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I can see what his reasoning is, but his stance on the Iraq war has been nothing but pandering. I'm guessing he'll withdraw, which is what we need to do, and hopefully he will then support an Iraqi army to try to get some stability in Iraq.

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    How do you think they will get and train an Iraqi army if we left? If we left right now the power vacuum would be filled by Zarqawi and his Caliphate-seeking fundamentalist Islamofascist friends who would proceed to create a zone where students are taught by mullahs that hate the US. Great plan.

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Agreed--no doubt in my mind that Kerry will cut and run like he did in Viet Nam and then wanted the rest of the troops to do the same. He has a plan for Iraq alright. It just happens to be one most of the country is against. Why do you think he's keeping it secret??

6. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    What is your big plan? If we stay in Iraq things will keep getting worse and worse. There is no hope in winning while we are there, our very presence causes more insurgents to be created and draws more fighters from accross the border, not to mention this is creating more recruits for terrorist organizations, who in turn send their fighters to Iraq.

There is little hope for Iraq, most likely it will break down into civil war, and in that situation what are we going to do?! Fight four sides at once, five if Turkey wants to get involved.

And it is pathetic that I was able to foresee all of this happening while I was a senior in high school and yet Bush&Co. could not even imagine this happening.

7. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Why do Democrats always run at the first sign that things aren't going exactly as planned? Why is it that liberals have no staying power when it comes to problem solving? Why is abandoning a problem your only solution to that problem? Things in Iraq will not "get worse and worse". That is your leftist propoganda, but it is not reality. There will be an increase in attacks between now and the election. These will probably start tapering off to some extent once the elected government has had a few months in power. Then, as the Iraqi army and police force are trained and equipped, as human rights are established, as the economy improves, then the attacks will diminish and the Iraqis will be able to repulse the enemies of freedom without our assistance.

Your attitude is shared by many Democrats, including Slick Willie Clinton and jacques francois kerrie. As a result of our fickle meddling in Africa and Europe we lost the respect of both ally and enemy alike. We gained the reputation as being a nation of half-assed bullies who will run the first time someone bloodies our noses. Pres. Bush is attempting to see that this nation follows through for a change. But somehow you find that to be problematic. Apparently you prefer Clinton's cut and run tactics.

If Iraq does ultimately descend into chaos, let it be because the Iraqis want it that way - not because we never gave them a fighting chance for a better life.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Democrat4Bush

Democrat4Bush Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Excellent Merlin :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

9. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    seems like a great place to remind us:

10. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    You just contradicted yourself.

I'm basing my assertion that the worst is yet to come, and I'll say that even after today when 30 children died, because the kurd's want their own state, which Turkey doesn't want. The Shi'ite want control over the gov't and so do the sunni, and with extremist on both sides it will be deadly.

They've had that chance and passed. Look at the number of iraqi policemen that ran away from Fallujah. How do we instill the will to fight into people that have already given up?

I love how Republicans use that. Using some sense and getting out of a situation that offers no hope is cowardly, but throwing away the lives of men and women my age is noble.

Answer me this, why are the insurgents fighting and where do they come from?