Triumph Of Evil

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by NATO AIR, Oct 14, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Perhaps there is a point in every person's life when they recognize something so nightmarish and fundamentally wrong that they see it for what it is: true evil. I would love to believe this is true for others as it has been for me in regards to this tragedy and I pray to God that more Americans will realize this... and soon.

The triumph of evil is upon us. Diplomacy is a smokescreen for continued killing and suffering. The mass murderers are celebrating their victory in isolating the USA and its FEW allies who've declared the terrible crime in Darfur a genocide. America is providing aid and food admirably, but it refuses to use its unparalled military power to stop the slaughter. In reality, this lack of action basically makes our efforts for naught. What we're essentially doing now is giving the unjustly condemned to die (90% of whom are women and children) a last meal, rather than rising to their defense in the name of the very humanity and justice we supposedly believe in.

2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    We need to pull out of the U.N. and take over the world in the name of humanity right now.

I'm about half serious.

3. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    What can USMB do about this? And why the fixation on Darfur? This sort of thing is likely happening in other parts of the world too.

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i dunno, i can only write so many "polite" letters and op-eds every week before i have to say the horrible truth that only a small segment of the population (many on USMB) can comprehend and realize...

i've been posting about this for over 4 months now, and sadly, its gotten literally worse every week, despite the attention its gotten. sadly, there is a lack of will on the part of the world's leaders to take action. and you have idiots like me, who grew up swearing they'd stop genocide as kids, now watching it happen aided and abbetted by the international community's inaction. and we're raising cane about it, but usually preaching to the already converted choir (ALA USMB, i apologize)

i dunno, i guess this is my last thread about it. nobody is going to defend/save them, they're going to die, and as for myself, i'm going to be haunted by it for the rest of my life. i've only heard "no" from the military lord knows how many times when i've asked to go on leave to help in the refugee camps, so i guess this is the best i could do aside from writing and fundraising.

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Unless you are causing it, you've got no business feeling guilt.

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
  7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    you are right

perhaps not guilt in the long run, but dismay, disgust and disillusionment.

keep thinking there is something more i could do... but i haven't figured that out yet. every near viable option i think of ends in court-martial or serious confinement time when i think it through...so eh, i keep brainstorming.

i guess these are my vent threads. we've hit rock bottom now though.

8. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    ah the navy ball :happy2:

those are shore duty folks i believe. don't anyone but i've seen the HM3 (Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class), the girl on the left of the silk gray tie civilian, around. I think she used to be assigned to VFA-27 (a super hornet squadron now) but got pregnant and shifted to shore duty for the rest of her tenure over here in japan.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    That had absolutely nothing to do with my 48-hour trip to Japan... honestly...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    It is one of the fundamental failings of democracies that they do not confront evil until it is almost too late. Democracies aren't motivated by the need to do what is right, they are motivated by what the majority of people agree to do.

I think the first post I made that mentioned the genocide in Sudan was back in May. I don't think even then I thought the world would do anything about it and so far it hasn't, not in any substantive way. The world didn't intervene in Rwanda after all, why would Sudan be any different, I thought. The world is an awful and evil place.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1