TriCor Settlement

GWV5903

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
Austin, Texas
I just received two checks in the mail for a Class Action Settlement for TriCor that I knew nothing about, totaling $29.42. Supposedly I should have received notice sometime in 2009 and filed my claim prior to September 15, 2009, neither happened.

Apparently Abbott Laboratories, Fournier Industrie et Sante, and Laboratoires Fournier, S.A. lost for limiting competitors ability to produce generics and settled for $65,700,000 as well as with 23 state AG's for another $22,500,000.

Now the 10 lawyers appointed by the court will receive $20MILL+ and up to $2MILL for cost and expenses from the $65.7MILL Settlement Fund.

Keep in mind this was filed to allow competitors the ability to produce generic drugs that would reduce the cost approximately 80%.

The only one to lose in this is the patient, Big Pharma is off the hook, the 10 attorneys make their money and the insurance company continues to use cases like this to raise premiums.

Why do we continue down this path? We are only surrendering to the three crooks I just described and the best DC can come up with is Obamacare?

A $90M forfeiture, plus legal fees, is "off the hook"?

I am not advocating that $90MILL is chump change, but it is cheaper than fighting the case in court....

Don't get me wrong we ultimately pay for this, I am not a fan of any of them, the least is the attorney....

And I will say again, why do we surrender to this?

It is a vicious cycle that continues because our legislator do nothing to change it....

Forum List

Back