Trial begins for North Miami Cop who shot unarmed Therapist.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Three years ago, A therapist was shot while laying in the street, with his hands held well away from his body, three times by a police officer.

Now, that cop, Jonathan Aledda is on trial for his actions. But no matter what, I think we can agree he is exactly the kind of cop nobody wants on the street. Trial begins for North Miami cop who shot unarmed caretaker who had hands up

First, he was not the officer in charge, and multiple radio calls said that the man sitting with the shiny object was holding a toy. Calls that Aledda says he never heard. Aledda said he had a clear shot, But he shot the person he believed to be a “hostage” three times. So either he did not have a clear shot as he claimed, or he is the worst marksman in the history of firearms.

The attorney’s for the defense say that the Jury will hear Aleddo’s side, and come to the conclusion that there was nothing criminal. How? If he had shot the person he believed might have a gun, that would be one thing. If someone had told him to take the shot, someone closer, who had a better view, that might be another thing. But to take the shot on his own responsibility, while other officers were closer, with better shots, better angles, and a clearer view and understanding of what was going on, is just asinine. Worse, to take three shots and have all three hit the “hostage” is not just poor marksmanship, it is proof of negligence in even holding a weapon.

Taking the shot was inexcusable. It was not called for by any stretch of the imagination, and was not the actions of a good cop, or even a mediocre cop, much less a barely passable meets the minimum standards for intelligence cop.

No video I have seen shows the moment of the shoot. Many suspects who were shot by cops had their hands in the air BEFORE reaching into their waistband and trying to pull a wild wild west type thing on the cops.

I must refrain from comment due to lack of evidence.

Oh fuck that motherfucker! Lake Butler here he comes! That was bullshit!

Shot the unarmed dude trying to protect the autistic dude 3x with a .223. Fuck that, he should do up to 10 years prison. The autistic one was playing with Tonka trucks in the middle of the street. Nobody was dangerous or had a weapon.

No video I have seen shows the moment of the shoot. Many suspects who were shot by cops had their hands in the air BEFORE reaching into their waistband and trying to pull a wild wild west type thing on the cops.

Well since Aledda says he was aiming at the autistic guy with the toy truck, and believed the therapist was a “hostage” what say you now?

Well since Aledda says he was aiming at the autistic guy with the toy truck, and believed the therapist was a “hostage” what say you now?

I say the same thing. Not having been there and not having video to analyze I must refrain from comment.

Three years ago, A therapist was shot while laying in the street, with his hands held well away from his body, three times by a police officer.

Now, that cop, Jonathan Aledda is on trial for his actions. But no matter what, I think we can agree he is exactly the kind of cop nobody wants on the street. Trial begins for North Miami cop who shot unarmed caretaker who had hands up

First, he was not the officer in charge, and multiple radio calls said that the man sitting with the shiny object was holding a toy. Calls that Aledda says he never heard. Aledda said he had a clear shot, But he shot the person he believed to be a “hostage” three times. So either he did not have a clear shot as he claimed, or he is the worst marksman in the history of firearms.

The attorney’s for the defense say that the Jury will hear Aleddo’s side, and come to the conclusion that there was nothing criminal. How? If he had shot the person he believed might have a gun, that would be one thing. If someone had told him to take the shot, someone closer, who had a better view, that might be another thing. But to take the shot on his own responsibility, while other officers were closer, with better shots, better angles, and a clearer view and understanding of what was going on, is just asinine. Worse, to take three shots and have all three hit the “hostage” is not just poor marksmanship, it is proof of negligence in even holding a weapon.

Taking the shot was inexcusable. It was not called for by any stretch of the imagination, and was not the actions of a good cop, or even a mediocre cop, much less a barely passable meets the minimum standards for intelligence cop.

Why has this taken so long? Longer than Mueller's investigation has gone.

All he has to do is claim he feared for his life.

I workd as a Deputy in So Fla, and the rule was if you used your gun and hit someone dead or wounded you have better be right. I been on the range as a Expert Shooter and have trained LEOs and I will tell you I never got in front of one of them. The scores scared the hell out of me. Some examals: 50 rounds in a target =300. Perfect score. so one round = 6 points. anything below 160 failed the course and were assigned the jail. I had to retrain so many of them. scores of 164 is still to low for a street cop. I fired mostly 190+ with a six in SW Trooper. During my time most carried long gun for taking out targets with these no misses were recorded. Sidearms were for close up work. They really need to update the training and how to use their hands to control people. What they use now is a joke. I have showed some of the FOP young member the older training moves and have had many say they work better then what the State said they should use. Take this post as a old Cop still remembering the past and how it was. Now they have to deal with drugs and this make it a lot different.

I say the same thing. Not having been there and not having video to analyze I must refrain from comment.

Interesting. We’re you at the church shooting. Or did you see video that is unavailable to the rest of us? Hero shot by cops, Man disarms would-be church shooter, gets shot by police

I workd as a Deputy in So Fla, and the rule was if you used your gun and hit someone dead or wounded you have better be right. I been on the range as a Expert Shooter and have trained LEOs and I will tell you I never got in front of one of them. The scores scared the hell out of me. Some examals: 50 rounds in a target =300. Perfect score. so one round = 6 points. anything below 160 failed the course and were assigned the jail. I had to retrain so many of them. scores of 164 is still to low for a street cop. I fired mostly 190+ with a six in SW Trooper. During my time most carried long gun for taking out targets with these no misses were recorded. Sidearms were for close up work. They really need to update the training and how to use their hands to control people. What they use now is a joke. I have showed some of the FOP young member the older training moves and have had many say they work better then what the State said they should use. Take this post as a old Cop still remembering the past and how it was. Now they have to deal with drugs and this make it a lot different.

Bad news. Aleddo had a long gun. He hit the “hostage” with three rounds of .223.

Interesting. We’re you at the church shooting. Or did you see video that is unavailable to the rest of us? Hero shot by cops, Man disarms would-be church shooter, gets shot by police

Thanks for proving my point. I didn't comment in that thread either. All I stated were known facts.

Forum List

Back