Tree falls on woman in NYC. She sues city for $200 million

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Now the taxpayers will pay for this woman's bad luck.

Manhattan mom suing city for $200M for Central Park tree collapse

feb 26 2018 A Manhattan mom nearly paralyzed by a falling tree in Central Park while walking with her three young sons charged Monday in a $200 million suit that the city failed to care for the towering elm.

Anne Monoky’s suit filed in Manhattan Supreme Court against the city, Central Park Conservancy and companies that maintain the trees says she will have “paralysis threatening injuries” for the rest of her life.

A 75-foot elm tree crashed on Monoky last August 15 near Central Park West and W. 62nd St. while she walked with her three boys, ranging in age from 6 weeks to 4 years old.

"I only hayd enough tyme tah scream...Shmuley!...Sheki!...run...ya muddah is gawna get turned intah schmaltz!"

Man...harrowing tale. I hope the poor woman makes a full recovery,

Back in the day, when I was a young Swede, if a tree was a'fallin on a man an hit im, he'da come to an said, "damn, I shoulda moved."

You must remember that in today's USA anything bad that happens to you is someone else's fault and you should get a big pile of money.

Oh hell - she's probably just fine. Exaggerating her injuries to get more money. I've had small trees ( 25 feet high) fall on me twice and never got a scratch.
Meh...I dont know...she will more than likely settle out of court for a greatly reduced sum. Torts tend to work that way. It's like bargaining...go way high and meet somewhere south of the middle.

Oh hell - she's probably just fine. Exaggerating her injuries to get more money. I've had small trees ( 25 feet high) fall on me twice and never got a scratch.
According to the write up, the tree that fell on her was three times that size.

God bless you and her and her kids always!!!

Holly

Holy fuck keep that shit away from my state! We don't need the dumbasses up here getting any fucking ideas since the feds require us to have the "wild areas" we have, and get all pissy when we try to do anything to maintain them >.<

[
Meh...I dont know...she will more than likely settle out of court for a greatly reduced sum. .

Well of course. No one thinks she'll get $200 million. But i bet the city gives her something big. Maybe $300,000 say. If she was black or illegal she might get a billion.

Forum List

Back