Treasury Sec Janet Yellen tells Wolf she was wrong on the path inflation would take, after saying in 2021 she didnt think inflation would be a problem

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "Was it a mistake, Madame Secretary, to downplay this inflation risk? Did that contribute to the problems we're all seeing right now?"

Yellen: "Well, look, I think I was wrong then about the path that inflation would take."

consequences of a stolen election!

Not a Yellen fan. She drove me nuts back when she ran the Fed, constantly talking about raising interest rates, constantly freaking out markets, and then sitting on her hands.

Inflation kicked in beginning in April 2020 when global supply chains began freezing up. No one saw the supply chain collapse coming to that degree, but once it began, it was fairly obvious.

Maybe she needs to retire.

So you have one job, only one job, and you can't seem to do it.

Yep, that is the head of the Fed Yellen as she incorrectly predicted the path of the inflationary monster unleashed by the democrats.

Her excuse? She blames Covid and Putin for the glaring stupidity.

But then, she knew but just would not say, because she is one of many Left wing stooges in the government today who is there simply to try and help quell dissent and the rage of destroying any wealth the average American may have worked to achieve their whole lives.

She is so damn old it is hard to believe she can even wake up in the morning, let alone hold that job.

It's a continuing theme.

1654087777269.png

Yep, that is the head of the Fed Yellen as she incorrectly predicted the path of the inflationary monster unleashed by the democrats.

But then, she knew but just would not say, because she is one of many Left wing stooges in the government today who is there simply to try and help quell dissent and the rage of destroying any wealth the average American may have worked to achieve their whole lives.

'You're FIRED!'

Well I do have to say one thing in her defense. It was hard to predict just how many bad decisions Joe Joe would make. But still inflation does not suddenly fix itself until things fall apart.
Once a recession hits it does stop.

“I was wrong about the path inflation would take,” Yellen said in an interview that aired Tuesday on CNN. “There have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that at the time I didn’t fully understand.”

New variants of Covid, lockdowns in China and Russia’s war on Ukraine have all imposed shocks on the economy, the Treasury chief said after attending a meeting at the White House with President Joe Biden and Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell to address inflation.

Those tings HAPPENED...and they lead to this situation.

The Putin war HAS increased fuel prices and that is inflationary across the economy.

Lockdowns in China HAVE disrupted supply chains That means a shortage and shortages mean increased prices

Biden gas hit a whopping $5.67 a gallon here this week. Never put Dems in charge they are idiots. Even our west coast liberals are complaining for the working class it's eating a huge chunk of their pay just getting back and forth to work.

California has the answer though, they paid a lifeguard over $500k last year. :oops:

“I was wrong about the path inflation would take,” Yellen said in an interview that aired Tuesday on CNN. “There have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that at the time I didn’t fully understand.”

New variants of Covid, lockdowns in China and Russia’s war on Ukraine have all imposed shocks on the economy, the Treasury chief said after attending a meeting at the White House with President Joe Biden and Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell to address inflation.

Those tings HAPPENED...and they lead to this situation.

The Putin war HAS increased fuel prices and that is inflationary across the economy.

Lockdowns in China HAVE disrupted supply chains That means a shortage and shortages mean increased prices
The situation was happening before then....but glad she got her marching orders to spin things after meeting with the White House

Listen to her speak. She is hardly in a better place than biden. And she's as stupid as Albright.

Forum List

Back