Travelers........wondering what

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bonnie, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Your experiences have been regarding homeland security, particularly in Airports etc. Do you think it was enough, or too laid back, intrusive???

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Too laid back and not specific enough. I have no problems with them wanting to search me, but I am tired of seeing them stop an old white haired lady while letting a muslim with headscrarf walk by because he wasn't in the right numerical order when checking in.

3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I travel by air quite extensively. If one is careful, getting through security isn't too bad, even if selected for individual screening. HOWEVER, I tend to agree with the previous post that cites instances of closely screening some little old lady while other more likely candidates for committing a terrorist act are allowed to pass with far less scrutiny. Of course one must be politically correct in these things and not profile anyone!

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

Both my parents and myself have noticed a similar thing happening. At least when I went -everyone had their luggage searched and shoes had to come off as well.

5. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I travel kind a lot and have averaged having my luggage search about 30 percent of the time. I have never been signled out for "extra scrutiny" as they so nicely put it. On the whole, I think they're doing better then before, but there is still plenty of room for improvement. One of the main things that leaps to mind is profiling, after all, who is out to get us.

6. Isaac Brock

Isaac Brock Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Way too laid back. My three forays into the United States had US Customs being much easier than Canadian customs. I got searched twice at Canadian customs and never at US customs. At the Minneapolis and Wichita airport they didn't even ask for my ID to board a flight!

7. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    I think it's time we tell the left-wingnuts and the ACLU to blow the political correctness out their ass, and start profiling! It only makes sense to do so....none to not.
    Should Grandma still be looked at? Sure, to some degree, but NEVER if you're letting Mohammed walk by
    unchecked! And that's my 2 cents!

8. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Last time I went to the airport, they didn't look twice at me. Which surprised me, because I look like a terrorist.

At the same time one of my friends got his pipe and a bag of weed on the plane, while another had several joints in his pocket.

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Surely you don't look like a terrorist?? LOL

When I last went to England I compared our airports to that of Heathrow, and there were a few notable differences, the main one was that they are very polite but very thorough, they very nicely and skillfully check everyone's bags without seeming to be intrusive, I suppose they have been at it longer and are skilled in customer realtions.

I think we are still working out many kinks but could probably take lessons from England and Israel??

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I totally agree. This pc crap will be our undoing.