Transocean tries to limit liability for sunken rig

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Transocean tries to limit liability for sunken rig - U.S. business- msnbc.com

A spokesman for the Swiss company said the company will cite an 1851 law that says the owner of a sunken vessel is liable only for its value after the accident.

The liability limit would cap the amount that Transocean would be forced to pay if it loses any of the numerous lawsuits related to the Deepwater Horizon explosion. The company also may be able to delay other proceedings for years while a judge determines the size of Transocean's liability, said Keith Hall, a New Orleans lawyer who represents oil and gas companies.

Wasn't Cali-G just telling everyone how these corporations have already admitted fault and were more than happy to pay for the damages in a separate thread???

Ah yes, here it is....but I was incorrect. Cali was actually coming to the defense of BP, not TransOcean.

It would be downright unAmerican to force BP to to pay to clean up their own mess.

No one is having to 'force' BP to clean up. They have already stated - in fact they said well before Obama said he would 'force' them - that they would pay whatever clean up costs were necessary.... AND they would pay legitimate claims for compensation. I fail to see what more they are expected to do. Other than stop the leak and it does appear that they are trying to do that.

Transocean tries to limit liability for sunken rig - U.S. business- msnbc.com

A spokesman for the Swiss company said the company will cite an 1851 law that says the owner of a sunken vessel is liable only for its value after the accident.

The liability limit would cap the amount that Transocean would be forced to pay if it loses any of the numerous lawsuits related to the Deepwater Horizon explosion. The company also may be able to delay other proceedings for years while a judge determines the size of Transocean's liability, said Keith Hall, a New Orleans lawyer who represents oil and gas companies.

Wasn't Cali-G just telling everyone how these corporations have already admitted fault and were more than happy to pay for the damages in a separate thread???

Yeah that dumb whore would say something like that.

Face it folks.....WE the taxpayers will be bailing out three huge fucking corporations once again as we will be forced to pay to clean up this mess for decades. All in the name of capitalism.....sad.

They are for big bailouts of corps.

I will never understand why Americas vote against tehir own interests to preserve corporations that would kill them for money in a red hot second

They are for big bailouts of corps.

I will never understand why Americas vote against tehir own interests to preserve corporations that would kill them for money in a red hot second

I wonder if any of the Republican candidates in the 2010 elections will halt their campaigns so they can help craft this next bailout of big oil?

transocean is not likely to need much bailing out. there was a report that they overvalued the rig by almost 600 million bucks and by doing that have made a huge profit on the insurance settlement.

Holy shit, you people are fucking pathetic. By "you people" I mean specifically VaYank, truthmatters and Spiderman tuba.

Each of you is a brainless fucking moron.... critical thinking is so far above your IQ that it is embarrassing to watch.

Firstly, the OP totally misrepresents what I said... and has to backtrack in his second post.

All of you assume that I am defending BP - which I am not. I am simply correcting errors - like idiots screaming that they are responsible when that has not been proven. I have not once said they are not liable.

Truthmatters seems to equate wanting evidence of who is responsible for what with being 'anti-American'. This is according to someone who supports communism by thinking that the US Government can seize the assets of a foreign owned business and sell them off. Better yet, she still thinks I'm a Republican.... because in her tiny little brain.... if you ain't a democrat, you have to be a republican.

And Spidey... well, bless his heart, he's such a fucking moron that I'm not even gonna start to list his moronic statements.

Three fucking losers.

Holy shit, you people are fucking pathetic. By "you people" I mean specifically VaYank, truthmatters and Spiderman tuba.

Each of you is a brainless fucking moron.... critical thinking is so far above your IQ that it is embarrassing to watch.

Firstly, the OP totally misrepresents what I said... and has to backtrack in his second post.

All of you assume that I am defending BP - which I am not. I am simply correcting errors - like idiots screaming that they are responsible when that has not been proven. I have not once said they are not liable.

Truthmatters seems to equate wanting evidence of who is responsible for what with being 'anti-American'. This is according to someone who supports communism by thinking that the US Government can seize the assets of a foreign owned business and sell them off. Better yet, she still thinks I'm a Republican.... because in her tiny little brain.... if you ain't a democrat, you have to be a republican.

And Spidey... well, bless his heart, he's such a fucking moron that I'm not even gonna start to list his moronic statements.

Three fucking losers.

Thanks for the rant, Cali....but I had already copied and pasted everything we needed from you today...

Three fucking losers.

Hey aren't you the idiot who swore up and down ex post facto applied to civil law - in spite of a very clear Supreme Court ruling to the contrary?

Three fucking losers.

Hey aren't you the idiot who swore up and down ex post facto applied to civil law - in spite of a very clear Supreme Court ruling to the contrary?

Hey, aren't you the idiot who keeps claiming that BP have to be forced to clean up? Fucking idiot.

For the record, according to the BBC, the clean up has already cost BP in excess of $300m. I see no sign of them refusing to pay for the clean up and yet you still scream about them being forced to pay for it.

The moron cap fits you. Wear it with left wing pride.

Three fucking losers.

Hey, aren't you the idiot who keeps claiming that BP have to be forced to clean up? Fucking idiot.

For the record, according to the BBC, the clean up has already cost BP in excess of $300m. I see no sign of them refusing to pay for the clean up and yet you still scream about them being forced to pay for it.

I don't care how much they have spent, that's their problem. The clean up isn't done till every drop of oil is removed from this coast. Has that happened yet? No. And unless BP is forced, it never will.

I don't care how much they have spent, that's their problem. The clean up isn't done till every drop of oil is removed from this coast. Has that happened yet? No. And unless BP is forced, it never will.

On the day that they refuse to pay, I'll criticize them. Until then, I have no evidence to base that opinion.... and nor do you.... but you'll whine like a two year old anyway.

On the day that they refuse to pay, I'll criticize them. Until then, I have no evidence to base that opinion.... and nor do you.... but you'll whine like a two year old anyway.

They're asking for volunteers on their website. Clearly they are hoping to get free labor to clean up their mess. Sounds like refusal to pay to me.

A normal 2 year old - BTW - would be less naive than you.

Lib hypocrisy on parade.

Drilling for oil in deep ocean waters is inherently dangerous.

In human endeavors, sometimes, sadly, bad shit happens.

Why is it wrong for either BP or Transocean to defend themselves publicly when we all know that lawsuits (for massive damages) ARE coming. Don't they have a right to state their case that their relative contribution to the eco-disaster is notably less than that of the other guy?

Isn't that exactly what's going to get litigated?

Pop quiz: Which entity IS more culpable based on all the shit you already know: BP or Transocean?

What's that you say? You don't (yet) know? Of course you don't. Such "calls" are way fucking premature at this point. So, libs, try a big hefty mug of STFU, you blowhard hypocrites.
bigcupofshutthefuckup.jpg

They're asking for volunteers on their website. Clearly they are hoping to get free labor to clean up their mess. Sounds like refusal to pay to me.

A normal 2 year old - BTW - would be less naive than you.

Or.... maybe they need more people..... and maybe they think that the local community might care enough about their environment to get up of their fat asses and help? Maybe those out of work fishermen should fucking well help instead of bitching?

Because, if it was MY community..... I would be out there helping.... because I'd give a shit about it.

Forum List

Back