TransCanada formally seeks NAFTA damages in Keystone XL rejection

You know, the funny thing about this is that for many years, the Left in Canada used this clause in NAFTA as a reason why Canada should abrogate the treaty. They were afraid that the Canadian government would be liable for American companies bringing charges for restricting their operations in Canada. Us on the right in Canada who supported liberty and free trade had to counter this charge. There was only one US company which brought an action to the tribunal IIRC, and they lost.

Now, it's a Canadian company that's bringing a claim against the US government. I hope TransCanada wins! But I don't think they will.

You know, the funny thing about this is that for many years, the Left in Canada used this clause in NAFTA as a reason why Canada should abrogate the treaty. They were afraid that the Canadian government would be liable for American companies bringing charges for restricting their operations in Canada. Us on the right in Canada who supported liberty and free trade had to counter this charge. There was only one US company which brought an action to the tribunal IIRC, and they lost.

Now, it's a Canadian company that's bringing a claim against the US government. I hope TransCanada wins! But I don't think they will.
Us on the right in Canada who supported liberty and free trade had to counter this charge.

This would defiantly make you a liberal..

Forum List

Back