"Trade War"? Nope.

WillPower

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2018
If this was a war, we'd be eating chop suey, wearing caps with a red star instead of MAGA, and banging a gong at some temple. What's going on now is a negotiation and for the first time, we have a leader who's used to winning those. There is a globalist lobbying outfit called the "Trade Partnership" bandying about wild figures about how America will be "hurt" by tariffing China.....and it's bullshit. Larry Kudlow says the govt. group who knows what it's doing says the cost to American consumers is nowhere near what these clowns are saying and the Fake News rodents are eating with a spoon. Bottom line? Trump is trying to disrupt and move the world supply chain from China into SE Asia and Indonesia...that will break China's back. So try to remember you're an American, stand behind your president, and understand a tiny ouch now will result in orgasmic ecstasy down the road in an even hotter economy all around you.
default_yes.gif

file-20181203-194956-1eg1364.jpg

Winning a trade war doesn’t mean others conform to your lifestyle. Winning a trade war is done by underwriting the lifestyle of the other side without them either knowing or caring. Look at Wal*Mart’s revenues for exhibit A.

• Banned
Winning a trade war doesn’t mean others conform to your lifestyle. Winning a trade war is done by underwriting the lifestyle of the other side without them either knowing or caring. Look at Wal*Mart’s revenues for exhibit A.

We will never understand the oriental mind....a year in Vietnam convinced me of that. If this was a "war", we'd have already painted our asses white and run with the antelopes. This is grinding....China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse...don't care if you believe that...people smarter than me and obviously smarter than you agree. Trump is giving them enough rope to hang themselves....and they will.

Last edited:
If this was a war, we'd be eating chop suey, wearing caps with a red star instead of MAGA, and banging a gong at some temple. What's going on now is a negotiation and for the first time, we have a leader who's used to winning those. There is a globalist lobbying outfit called the "Trade Partnership" bandying about wild figures about how America will be "hurt" by tariffing China.....and it's bullshit. Larry Kudlow says the govt. group who knows what it's doing says the cost to American consumers is nowhere near what these clowns are saying and the Fake News rodents are eating with a spoon. Bottom line? Trump is trying to disrupt and move the world supply chain from China into SE Asia and Indonesia...that will break China's back. So try to remember you're an American, stand behind your president, and understand a tiny ouch now will result in orgasmic ecstasy down the road in an even hotter economy all around you.
default_yes.gif

file-20181203-194956-1eg1364.jpg

Used to winning ? 6 bankrupt companies loses a billion or so of OPM and writes it off and now no more meetings in sight Art of the deal ?? lol

• Banned
Used to winning ? 6 bankrupt companies loses a billion or so of OPM and writes it off and now no more meetings in sight Art of the deal ?? lol

Got to have a billion to lose a billion, right? That was 25 years ago, ya old goat....he's got $7B, (a little over $4B according to Forbes if he cashed out) and he's President and Hillary ain't. He's a winner whether you dingbats like him or not...why not be a good American and back him on this?

We will never understand the oriental mind....a year in Vietnam convinced me of that. If this was a "war", we'd have already painted our asses white and run with the antelopes. This is grinding....China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse...don't care if you believe that...people smarter than me and obviously smarter that you agree. Trump is giving them enough rope to hang themselves....and they will.
Is Kudlow smarter than you??? He agreed on FAUX that NO MONEY is coming into our treasury like your liar and thief says there was

We will never understand the oriental mind....a year in Vietnam convinced me of that. If this was a "war", we'd have already painted our asses white and run with the antelopes. This is grinding....China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse...don't care if you believe that...people smarter than me and obviously smarter that you agree. Trump is giving them enough rope to hang themselves....and they will.

And in your imagination.. their collapse helps the US in what way ?

• Banned
Is Kudlow smarter than you??? He agreed on FAUX that NO MONEY is coming into our treasury like your liar and thief says there was

Kudlow is indeed smarter than me on finance....I got him in a dozen or more other fields. And he didn't say NO MONEY is coming into the Treasury...that's the only place tariff fees can go....are you drunk on a Sunday morning?

It took decades fro walmart to become what it did. We lost ten million manufacturing jobs and other higher paying jobs for lower paying service jobs that also did not add to the security of our nation. We need to try to correct it. At some point all of the privileged government jobs and privileged union jobs from any way will also be affected as we will not be able to afford to pay for it.

All they need to do is Stonewall for 18 months or so. The next president will.be smart enough not to try to fight a trade war everyone concerned will lose.

I'm not hoping for them to collapse...they've got nukes and 3B people to feed....their collapse would be a dangerous proposition. What's needed is a major contraction of their economy so they can no longer threaten SE asia, build aircraft carriers and hypersonic missiles. Let them go back to Mao's "five year plans" and act civilized instead of being the 21st century's version of Black Beard.

Last edited:

It's more about the supply chain than it is anything else. It's also about our national addiction to cheap Chinese labor. That's going to be hard to break. The $1,000 Galaxy S-10 should really cost $2,500. it's the literally millions of workers at Chinese foxconn that make it possible for Samsung ( A Japanese company) to trade that good into the United States for a lower cost. So far Trump hasn't reached into the cell phone business yet but I think it's inevitable that he will. Electronics is the biggest offender.

Sure there's big money on the Walmart shelves but the really big$$$$ is in the supply chain. Just ask Ali Baba.

If we don't break it it definitely will break us.
And no it's not going to be easy or painless.
I'm not even sure we can do it; But I am sure that we should do it.

Jo

Last edited:
It really is sad that the past presidents, who were all 'politicians', created an economic mess
and kept kicking the can down the road as far as trying to fix it. They felt it was okay when
other countries slammed us with tariffs and we just looked the other way. The trade imbalance is huge.
Now we have a 'non politician' in office trying to right the ship. And, it can't be fixed over a
weekend, it will take some time. Too bad that the 'other side' plays politics as they are.
I know one thing....if this had been Obama doing this, those same people would have been
silent.

Kudlow is indeed smarter than me on finance....I got him in a dozen or more other fields. And he didn't say NO MONEY is coming into the Treasury...that's the only place tariff fees can go....are you drunk on a Sunday morning?
LOL never on sunday

LOL never on sunday
BUT you f-ers are driving me to drink

default_yes.gif

]

Yes, it is a trade war, even you god in the White House called it that.

In the 475 days since the trade war began the markets have been stagnant due to the trade wars...

DJI in those 475 days is down 0.50%
S&P in those 475 days is up 2.53%
NASDAQ in those 475 day is 11.01%....

Stagnation, that is what the trade war has brought...475 wasted days so in the end we can have a few tweaks like the new NAFTA gave us

All they need to do is Stonewall for 18 months or so. The next president will.be smart enough not to try to fight a trade war everyone concerned will lose.

Trump will be the "next president"......get over it.

It took decades fro walmart to become what it did. We lost ten million manufacturing jobs and other higher paying jobs for lower paying service jobs that also did not add to the security of our nation. We need to try to correct it. At some point all of the privileged government jobs and privileged union jobs from any way will also be affected as we will not be able to afford to pay for it.

We lost those 8 million of manufacturing jobs to automation and process improvements, not to other nations.

That is why even as manufacturing employment was dropping manufacturing output was still growing.

I'm not hoping for them to collapse...they've got nukes and 3B people to feed....their collapse would be a dangerous proposition. What's needed is a major contraction of their economy so they can no longer threaten SE asia, build aircraft carriers and build hypersonic missiles. Let them go back to Mao's "five year plans" and act civilized instead of being the 21st century's version of Black Beard.

So…on one post you were pointing out how Trump’s actions will cause the disruption that they cannot take:

China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse…

And now you’re not hoping for the collapse?

Strange.

In reality what will happen is this; Consumer prices will rise. Few will care because it will still be less than the domestically produced alternatives (if there are any). The “winner” in the trade war isn’t the US and it isn’t China. It’s the 3rd party suppliers.

Lets say that China sells the US importer a Widget and the price to the consumer is $10.00
Trump’s tariffs increase the price the US Importer pays so the price to the consumer becomes $12.50.
VietNam also supplies widgets but their price was higher than China so they didn’t sell any in the US because China dominated the market. But now, thanks to the Trump Tariff, the US Importer now buys the Vietnamese priced widget and sells it for $11.00. Still $1.50 cheper than the Chinese widget.

Vietnam’s producer is the winner.
The American importer is now paying more-loser
The American consumer is now paying more-loser
The Chinese producer is not selling his item here-potential loser if they can’t find a market

We lost those 8 million of manufacturing jobs to automation and process improvements, not to other nations.

That is why even as manufacturing employment was dropping manufacturing output was still growing.
Buy stock in Robot's Hold for years make big money

Forum List

Back