Tornado Warning!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Our first of the year! I live in a tornado zone, so this is common. But it's also one of the first signs of spring here in Indiana!

Tornado.jpg

Like EZ, live in tornado belt area. Luckily we mostly just get the warnings and the touch downs are south and west of here. Did get a brush with one in 1997, didn't like it at all.

i have been in one....i live in the mtns ..one reason...very few tornados...nearly unheard of here...
May 11, 1970. Lubbock Texas. F-5.

Loved it!

May I ask why? My Sister in Law's Brother was thrown several hundred feet several years ago by one, it destroyed everything he owned and left him permantly disable. I like seeing them on TV, they intrigue me, but I don't want to be in one.

Like EZ, live in tornado belt area. Luckily we mostly just get the warnings and the touch downs are south and west of here. Did get a brush with one in 1997, didn't like it at all.

Before I was born my parents house was destroyed by a tornado, they were at the Dairy Queen when it happened.

i have been in one....i live in the mtns ..one reason...very few tornados...nearly unheard of here...

Loved it!

May I ask why? My Sister in Law's Brother was thrown several hundred feet several years ago by one, it destroyed everything he owned and left him permantly disable. I like seeing them on TV, they intrigue me, but I don't want to be in one.
It affirmed an already growing belief I had, at age 8, that mankind is totally insignificant on this planet. Didn't just affirm it, cemented it.

Loved it!

It affirmed an already growing belief I had, at age 8, that mankind is totally insignificant on this planet. Didn't just affirm it, cemented it.

Sure. So is blue-green algea.

Before I was born my parents house was destroyed by a tornado, they were at the Dairy Queen when it happened.

I was at work, State Farm Agency. LOL! We took cover under our desks. Window blew out. We were in a locale with a Dominick's and Jewel across a major street. Even while the funnel was visual, the phones were ringing with claims!

I've always wanted to see a tornado (from a safe distance, of course)

yall are flipping crazy...i would move....been in one of them...never want to be in another....floods are bad too...dont care for them...

Tornados are the first sign of spring in Indiana?

Here in Maine, the first sign of spring is mud...a lot of mud.

I bought a video years ago about tornados ad it said that tornados have occurred on every day of the calendar year except January 16th. Don't know if that is still true.

This tornado season has been underwhelming so far. Much more boring than last year. This has me worried about the hurricane season with La Nina fading off into existence, the Earth will have no "exhaust pipe" to burn the energy it's getting from the sun. So, either we will have an active hurricane season this year or we'll switch to El Nino next year and have a SCORCHING hot summer next year.

This tornado season has been underwhelming so far. Much more boring than last year. This has me worried about the hurricane season with La Nina fading off into existence, the Earth will have no "exhaust pipe" to burn the energy it's getting from the sun. So, either we will have an active hurricane season this year or we'll switch to El Nino next year and have a SCORCHING hot summer next year.

Spoken like a true TV weatherman---weather might occur or it might not---thanks David. :lol:

Forum List

Back