Top US Republican: Cut safety net, no tax hikes

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
AFP: Top US Republican: Cut safety net, no tax hikes

WASHINGTON — Republican US Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday that he favored cuts to popular safety net programs but opposed tax hikes on the rich as part of a plan to rein in galloping US debt.

"The country needs economic growth and fiscal responsibility, not higher taxes and new Washington spending and regulations," he said after President Barack Obama laid out his vision for deficit cuts at the White House.

"On job creation, we need to reduce the regulatory burden, prevent tax hikes, and make it easier -- not harder -- for job creators to start hiring again," the senator said, with US unemployment at 9.1 percent.

I guess that's it then. Obama will fold, and after that we'll do like London.

WASHINGTON — Republican US Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday that he favored cuts to popular safety net programs but opposed tax hikes on the rich as part of a plan to rein in galloping US debt.

"The country needs economic growth and fiscal responsibility, not higher taxes and new Washington spending and regulations," he said after President Barack Obama laid out his vision for deficit cuts at the White House.

"On job creation, we need to reduce the regulatory burden, prevent tax hikes, and make it easier -- not harder -- for job creators to start hiring again," the senator said, with US unemployment at 9.1 percent.

We dont need more taxes, we need the economy to take off.

Maybe you guys should release the next 500 regulations. That seems to be the only DNC answer.

YEA!!!!! yet another no thought CUT N PASTE TOPIC

Here, let me help you with the tedious work of using someone elses words to describe your own.....

Last edited:

We dont need more taxes, we need the economy to take off.

Maybe you guys should release the next 500 regulations. That seems to be the only DNC answer.

Cass Sunstein in a coma would be more effective that a tax hike.

Raising taxes in this current economic disaster/landscape?!

Doctor: Mr Smith, you have cirrhosis of the liver and just tested positive for hepatitis. I need to you to drink a six pack of Bud light every night and everything will be just fine.

Patient: ......but

Doctor: Now run along now.

Last edited:

Doctor: Mr Smith, you have cirrhosis of the liver and just tested positive for hepatitis. I need to you to drink a six pack of Bud light every night and everything will be just fine.

Wow... what a stupid analogy. Btw.... isn't that the Republican's Health Care Plan? Yeah... thought so.

Wow... what a stupid analogy. Btw.... isn't that the Republican's Health Care Plan? Yeah... thought so.

That's govt care. I didn't figure that you would get it.

no... government care would want you healthy so you can work and pay your taxes... GOP care wants you to die so insurance companies make more money, your social security and Medicare Payments will get added to their coffers to spend on giving the wealthy more tax breaks and writing laws to let Wall Street fuck us again.

If Democrats really thought that raising taxes was the answer then why didn't they take advantage of having had the House, Senate and Whitehouse for two years? There was NOTHING that Republicans could have done to effectively stop them. The fact that they were able to ram Obamacare through without any Republican support is proof of had the ability. They were just too chickenshit to raise taxes without Republican cover votes.

If Democrats really thought that raising taxes was the answer then why didn't they take advantage of having had the House, Senate and Whitehouse for two years? There was NOTHING that Republicans could have done to effectively stop them. The fact that they were able to ram Obamacare through without any Republican support is proof of had the ability. They were just too chickenshit to raise taxes without Republican cover votes.

Bullshit.... they didn't have the majority anymore than mainstream Republicans have the Majority in the House. The TEA PARTY is the GOP version of the Blue Dog Dems.

no... government care would want you healthy so you can work and pay your taxes... GOP care wants you to die so insurance companies make more money, your social security and Medicare Payments will get added to their coffers to spend on giving the wealthy more tax breaks and writing laws to let Wall Street fuck us again.

Huh? Healthy? We've lost over 40 million to abortions. There's a tax base right there. But alas, govt doesn't give two shits about you or I.

Bullshit.... they didn't have the majority anymore than mainstream Republicans have the Majority in the House. The TEA PARTY is the GOP version of the Blue Dog Dems.

The would you care to tell us how they managed to get Obamacare passed?

Huh? Healthy? We've lost over 40 million to abortions. There's a tax base right there. But alas, govt doesn't give two shits about you or I.

Oh... abortion...I'm against it on a personal level. But I'm not into legislating other people's sins.... that's a Christian Right thing...not a Christ-like thing.

Republican US Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday that he favored cuts to popular safety net programs but opposed tax hikes on the rich as part of a plan to rein in galloping US debt.

Which means a further downgrade is possible, the Nation is truly at the mercy of blind rightist ideologues.

You live in a strange world bud. Dems never had control lolololol

:bsflag:

Republican US Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday that he favored cuts to popular safety net programs but opposed tax hikes on the rich as part of a plan to rein in galloping US debt.

Which means a further downgrade is possible, the Nation is truly at the mercy of blind rightist ideologues.

My expectations exactly.

You live in a strange world bud. Dems never had control lolololol

:bsflag:

oh... so a dem is a dem right? Then by that logic, there's no such thing as a RINO.

My expectations exactly.

Of course they are your expectations, someone else posted it. lol

Besides like the quote in my sig thats what your stupid ass is hoping for. Oops, thats you, isnt it?

As long as these clowns insist on paying for stuff like teaching African men to scrub their ballsack, and cowboy poet society festivals, then they have no right asking any American for another cent in tax revenue.

Forum List

Back