Top Threat to Humanity: Fukushima Reactor 4

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by JimBowie1958, May 4, 2012.

1. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,427
    Fukushima Reactor 4: Life On Planet Earth in the Balance « Truth11

More on reactor 4's situation:

Life extinction event if reactor 4 collapses
    A Green Road Blog - Where Heart Shift Happens: Fukushima Reactor 4; Life Extinction Event If It Collapses

Letter from Japanese ambassador
    Fukushima Daiichi Site: Cesium-137 is 85 times greater than at Chernobyl Accident » Akio Matsumura

2. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    Green Road blog hysteria notwithstanding, Japan is the only country in history (thank God) to survive two nuclear bombs and they will no doubt get this situation under control.

3. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,950
    Yeah this is some serious shit.

One little tremor there...

I read somewhere that Japan might have been using the site to make nuclear weapons because you typically don't find that much plutonium otherwise. I'm not an expert and would be interested to hear more

4. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,427
    Which is why they have been begging for help from us and the UN and estimate it will take at least ten years to move all those rods...because they have it entirely undercontrol by virtue of having been nuked twice already in the past.

Did I leave something out?

5. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,427
    Alaska, Westgern Canada, the West Coast areas are the ones most vulnerable due to wind and ocean currents, as I understand it.

Dont know about Hawai.

Thank you GE for those marvelous reactors that you took shortcuts on with safety features so bad that the top four engineers on the design resigned in protest.

May you be sued into extinction.

6. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,895
    Now Jim, you have to understand Whitey's problems. Two brain cells and one of them malfunctioning. Doesn't leave much.

7. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,427
    Lol, you know, you can be pretty mean sometimes, lololol.

8. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +492
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHel9qvxVpU]Is Shepard Smith Dying? Radiation Poisoning From Fukushima? - YouTube[/ame]

9. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,457
    utter and total bullshit, unless of course, there is some magical method of divinding such radiation equally among ever person on the planet, and then applying said dose in one shot, simultaneously.

10. bripat9643

bripat9643 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,944
    Bilge. What does it mean for reactor #4 to "affect" the common pool? Virtually nothing. It certainly doesn't mean that all the fuel in the spent fuel rods will be released into the air. Even if all the water drained out of the pool, that isn't likely to happen. This is spent fuel. Most of it is at room temperature. the chances of it vaporizing are virtually nil. This is just anti-nuke hysteria.

11. waltky

waltky Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +853
    Granny says, "Well den - how come dey glow inna dark?...
    :eusa_eh:
    WHO: Slight cancer risk after Japan nuke accident
    28 Feb.`13 — Two years after Japan's nuclear plant disaster, an international team of experts said Thursday that residents of areas hit by the highest doses of radiation face an increased cancer risk so small it probably won't be detectable.

12. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +492
  13. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +287
    So in reference to Chernoble, how bad has this been and how bad could it get?

14. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +492
    Well, I didn't let my kid play outside in the winter after it happened, and I live in the Great Lakes region. I had to watch the JetStream and every which way it dipped. I was well aware that the media was lying to us about the severity, but only because I searched YouTube videos and found scientists in my area that were posting actual video of the radiation levels via Geiger counter readings of the snow that was on the ground.

The radiation levels seemed to have slacked off for now, but the containment pools around reactor 4 are in a very dicey state. They are really hot, and it is way worse than Chernobyl. They are having a hard time stabilizing the situation from what I can ascertain. Right now it seems to be a race against time, versus the amount of money, man power and technological prowess that can be brought to bear on the problem. Currently, from reports that can be trusted, it seems that any quake whose epicenter is near or at the location of the plant that is a 6.5 or higher would make all of Japan uninhabitable and would also make the West Coast and Alaska have sky rocketing Cancer rates. Nothing has been stated about Hawaii.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/05/senator-fukushima-fuel-pool-is-a-national-security-issue-for-america.html

It is a very difficult topic to find honest information on for two reasons. First, they don't want people to panic, there are going to be deaths, and there is going to be a correspondingly large amount of increasing cases of cancer. I know many who have come down with cancer in the past two years, what about you? The second reason is the amount of energy that Nuclear power generates. If the public perceives Nuclear power too negatively, then they will not support forth or fifth generation nuclear power facilities. For some reason (Big Oil) this has not been funded. America's power grid is antiquated compared to India's, Europa's and China's. From what little I understand, Thorium reactors have almost none of these risks involved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1