Top Ten Stupid Leftist Ideals

CharlestonChad said:
More speculation.

Cannot a person hunt with a bow and arrow? That's a much more noble way of hunting.

And that's exactly what the drug dealers and gang lords will start using instead of guns once you lefties get the second ammendment repealed. You have still failed to address how we're supposed to overthrow an oppressive government if we're not allowed to arm ourselves.

Here's the thing about gun control. At this point there are so many illegal and unregistered weapons out there that confiscating the ones that we know exist isn't going to do anything. In fact, I'd bet we'd eventually end up in the same situation with guns as we have with drugs. Best to let sleeping dogs lie and not do anything at the moment.

Hobbit said:
And that's exactly what the drug dealers and gang lords will start using instead of guns once you lefties get the second ammendment repealed. You have still failed to address how we're supposed to overthrow an oppressive government if we're not allowed to arm ourselves.

I promise you that if the drug dealers have to resort of using crossbows and archary equipment, they will be many less drive-by shootings.

We overthrow an oppressive government by a mass rejection of any taxation.

CharlestonChad said:
I promise you that if the drug dealers have to resort of using crossbows and archary equipment, they will be many less drive-by shootings.

I don't know about you, but I can walk out my door right now and buy an illegal gun.

CharlestonChad said:
Those said statistics are based on a speculation that a person was in danger.

Errr, I'm torn about the second line. I agree that marijuana and many mind altering drugs should be legalized, but it's hard to be in favor of saying it's okay for a young kid to buy heroine or meth.

How do you judge whether someone was in danger then? You can't, you have to take them at their word. I have no reason not to believe them, saying anything else would be a bit of an ad hominem attack.

As for drugs. Yes, drugs can be bad, they can do damaging things, but kids are already buying heroin and methanphetamine, I doubt very much that the kids who are buying these drugs would increase, because it suddenly became legal. In any case though, just because we percieve these drugs to be bad, does not change the fact that by making them illegal, we are increasing the risk of gang violence, and drug wars.

It has been shown throughout history that prohibition causes more violence than it deterrs, in such examples as Al Capone becoming rich off of illegal liquor. Crack-cocaine, heroin, and other drugs should be no different.

Also, this is a question of free choice. It is not the governments job to tell me what I should and shouldn't do to my own body, it is not their job to protect me from myself, by doing so they are taking away my freedom to make decisions for myself. As for the children, they have parents who can, and will take care of that if they see no other alternative.

CharlestonChad said:

We overthrow an oppressive government by a mass rejection of any taxation.

And what do you do when the government busts down your door with their guns, use your damn bow and arrow? Our forefathers resisted taxation, but it took an armed conflict to gain freedom, an armed conflict fought mainly with privately owned firearms.

Mr.Conley said:
Here's the thing about gun control. At this point there are so many illegal and unregistered weapons out there that confiscating the ones that we know exist isn't going to do anything. In fact, I'd bet we'd eventually end up in the same situation with guns as we have with drugs. Best to let sleeping dogs lie and not do anything at the moment.

There's a great reason guns aren't registered: it's the first step to gun grabbing.

Forum List

Back