Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Jul 11, 2006.
By Doug Hagin (07/11/2006)
Your article is adorable.
9. Parents have always been considered the leaders in raising a child. No leftist will disagree with that.
5. The left asks that those making 6 figure salaries take a minor financial loss to greatly better the financial security of the lower class. I'm pretty sure Robin Hood has a better idea than Bush.
3. Saying the left holds little respect for human life is completely idiotic. If that were true, then why does the left oppose war and seek out non-violent solutions?
2. Guns ruin more lives than they save. When was the last time an American civilian defended their family by having a gun? How many people die every week by getting shot over drug deals, hunting accidents, or kids playing w/ their parents guns? The latter is obviously more likely.
Why Charleston? Why? To respond to this article gives it a dignity it does not deserve. Better to have allowed it to die unnoticed in the thread page.
You do realize what Robin hood did dont you? He stole money from the government and returned it to the hands of the people. In other words, the government was taxing them too much so Robin decide to give the people some tax relief. Much like our President has tried to do. Unfortunately the currently tax cuts are not enough. We shouldnt have to pay 30% of our money to the government. its highway robbery.
And the left does hold no respect for life. If they really had respect for life, they wouldnt support abortion. They wouldn't just claim to be anti war when Republicans are in office. They after all had no problem with any of the major millitary attacks Clinton bungled. I dont hear them calling for us to withdraw from Bosnia. They have no problem putting a handicap person to death. Nor do they have any respect for the process life is created, rather they encourage irresponsibility with the procreative powers.
No the only life the left respect is that of a serial killer put to death. Probably because they are targeting them as part of the consituency. After all you cant kill the people who vote for you, although being dead has never really stopped a Democrat from voting.
Guns dont destroy lives. People destroy lives. Guns just give the innocent bystander a chance of surviving.
What? You're offended to see socialism written up in all its glory? Oh, come on--take this opportunity to shine, and let us know how the author of this article is wrong, wrong, wrong on all counts.
Other random myths I can think of:
* Wilson was a misguided progressive idealist
* Big businessmen are the biggest supporters of laissez-faire capitalism
* Hoover was a laissez-faire capitalist
* Greed caused the great depression
* FDR's new deal saved us from the depression
* WWII brought us out of the great depression
* Any difference in performance between one race and another is due to racism
* Cultural differences are to be cherished and celebrated, assuming they are positive. There is no such thing as negative cultural characteristics, therefore any performance gaps cannot be explained by them.
* Attacking a person's culture is the same thing as racism
* Castro's regime may have some excesses, but he's brought Cuba a long ways. Che Guevara was a courageous hero.
* The 20th century has seen a growth in socialist programs and a growth in the standard of living for ordinary people. Thus, socialism raises the living standard
* The poor and elderly were starving and dying in the streets before FDR
9. Part of the reason lefties have such a hardon for government schooling is to instill proper, progressive, pro-state values in the kiddies. They should really reconsider this because it backfires when the government goes to war for flimsy reasons.
5. The left would--ideally--set the maximum income tax rate at 90% (it actually was this high in the past), and the death tax at 100%.
2. Gun defenses are actually fairly common, although part of the problem is that they are quite often successful without firing a shot. Someone gets threatened with a gun and the crook leaves, thus no sensational news story. Accidental gun deaths rank up there with deaths due to drownings from bathtubs. Deaths from drug deals are significant, but should be chalked up to our insane neo-prohibition drug laws instead.
Wrong. Guns are estimated to prevent 2 million crimes in America each year. As BVB stated, most times, a potential criminal sees a gun and runs, and the crime is never committed; thus you don't hear about it.
How many kids die each year from accidental gun deaths? I believe it's about 800. I certainly think that's 800 too many. However, kids are much more likely to die from drowning, bike accidents, car accidents, or falling than they are from guns.
I can see why they would want a 90% income tax, but please explain the 100% death tax. I'm not sure why they would want that?
Ya'll gun defenders are living in a fantasy world, or you've never known someone to be killed, paralized, or critically injuried by a gun. Cops kill people, drug dealers kill people, robbers kill people, disgruntal employees kill people, uneducated children kill people all over the fact of having a gun in a time of stupid reasoning.
How did one poster come to conclusion that guns prevent 2 million crimes every year? It would seem like that would be an almost impossible stat to keep record of. If it's true: 35% of American households legally own firearms. So 3 out of every 10 ppl own a weapon. Let's say that only 2 ppl own a working firearm (collectors have the big stockpiles of firearms, but they don't use them) out of every 10. That means that 1 out of every 25 gun owner prevents a crime by using the threat of their firearm. So 5500 crimes are prevented by the presentation of a firearm. Somehow myself and anyother logical thinker finds it hard to believe that guns prevent crimes. Why would a person pull a gun to prevent a crime, unless that crime is already in progress? So guns don't prevent crime, they just elevate the situation and cause the "bad guy" to decide if he wants to commit a violent crime on a victim, or leave.
85 ppl die everyday b/c of a firearm. 170ppl get shot and/or killed everyday. Yes, there are more common killers in America, but that doesn't justify gun deaths. If it did, then we can forgive genocide in West Africa, b/c AIDS is the bigger killer.
Separate names with a comma.