Top Republican Strategist/Pollster Frank Luntz Fires Back After Leaked Comments

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Paige Lavender

Top Republican strategist and pollster Frank Luntz decided not to renew a University of Pennsylvania scholarship for students to travel to Washington, D.C. after a student secretly taped contentious comments he made during a meeting on campus and leaked them to Mother Jones.

The Daily Pennsylvanian reported Friday that Luntz would not renew the scholarship, which is in his father’s name.

Luntz told the Daily Pennsylvanian he would fulfill his promise to speak to on a panel at graduation weekend, but that he would never return to the school for another speaking engagement, and he would encourage others to stay away as well.

“I’m very disappointed that at Penn, that trust between students and speaker is gone," Luntz said.

More: Frank Luntz University Of Pennsylvania Scholarship To End After Leaked Comments

Did Luntz honestly think he had an expectation of privacy while speaking to a group of college students? Not renewing the scholarship, in his father's name, seems extraordinarily petty to me. What was he thinking?

Frank Luntz is a pollster with an agenda.

Does it get any lower than that?

At some point in the future pictures of Luntz trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose will surface. Then he'll be down to working for freshman nutball congressman, or maybe hustling on the streets.

Luntz was exactly right when he said Rush Limbaugh is "problematic" - but so is all of right-wing hate TV and radio. Personally, I think Luntz is a major asshole - but I give him credit for his brief moment of honestly - and condemn him for being pissed when it was made public.

Maybe it's time that people learn that just because we have the ability to make a conversation public, it's not always wise to do so. If there are no consequences, how is that lesson to be learned? BTW this applies to much more than just politics.

Luntz was exactly right when he said Rush Limbaugh is "problematic" - but so is all of right-wing hate TV and radio. Personally, I think Luntz is a major asshole - but I give him credit for his brief moment of honestly - and condemn him for being pissed when it was made public.

Not very many nutballs pretending to be conservatives want to be on the record with their real feelings. One imagines being a nutball with any rank at all today is akin to being gay in the 1950s and 1960s, these people lead double lives hiding facts and trotting out fantasy.

With great respect for your personal sentiments, it is impossible for me to trust compartmentalists.

By Paige Lavender

Top Republican strategist and pollster Frank Luntz decided not to renew a University of Pennsylvania scholarship for students to travel to Washington, D.C. after a student secretly taped contentious comments he made during a meeting on campus and leaked them to Mother Jones.

The Daily Pennsylvanian reported Friday that Luntz would not renew the scholarship, which is in his father’s name.

Luntz told the Daily Pennsylvanian he would fulfill his promise to speak to on a panel at graduation weekend, but that he would never return to the school for another speaking engagement, and he would encourage others to stay away as well.

“I’m very disappointed that at Penn, that trust between students and speaker is gone," Luntz said.
More: Frank Luntz University Of Pennsylvania Scholarship To End After Leaked Comments

Did Luntz honestly think he had an expectation of privacy while speaking to a group of college students? Not renewing the scholarship, in his father's name, seems extraordinarily petty to me. What was he thinking?

He apparently spoke to them off the record. That might not mean anything to you, but it is supposed to journalists.

Luntz has the right to pull the scholarship as the trustee of it based upone the untrustworthiness of the students of the school.

By Paige Lavender

I have never liked Luntz. He's a scrupulous RINO.

Wow and college isnt political....haha...Mother Jones? really??? was it David Corn's son? Oh wait he's a homo, must be adopted

frank-luntz.jpg

Forum List

Back