Top Dem: We will 'Hang' Republicans...

This is the quote... in context.... and even in context, it's not good.

Allard said he was unimpressed by the so-called Republican wave, many of whose members ran on a platform of creating jobs and stimulating the economy but who since taking power on Jan. 1, have seemingly, at least in the House, repeatedly been prone to embarrassing missteps that have alienated them from many citizens and future 2012 voters.

"It's almost like watching clowns spill out of a Volkswagen," Allard said, of the GOP guffaws. "They're going to hang themselves and we're going to help them."

Citizen.com - Laconia NH, Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Sanford ME

It definitely is not good. Discussing assisted suicide, which is illegal in 47 out of 50 states.

Ask Dr. Kevorkian.

well i guess ill say it then.......i dont think the guy meant a literal hanging.....if your going to tell me you have never heard the expression..."let them or him or her hang themselves" because of something that they did.....then i have to think you folks had better get out more....

Maybe you need to get out more Harry. Do we need to remind you that we are talking about political discourse? Democrats have taken the position that right wing rhetoric caused the Tucson shooting and now....well ...if you got out more you might see the hypocrisy for yourself.

No one has said it caused the shooting.

We have said (even though you try very hard to misunderstand anything said) that the violent retorhic has created an atmosphere in which nutters can justify their insane ideas.

I dont want anyone using death referances in politics.

If you need evidence that republicans feel the same go look at what republicans have dont in light of the shooting.

They have sought to make their security better.

Now if their retorhic truely had no effect on the issue than WHY up your security?

well i guess ill say it then.......i dont think the guy meant a literal hanging.....if your going to tell me you have never heard the expression..."let them or him or her hang themselves" because of something that they did.....then i have to think you folks had better get out more....

Maybe you need to get out more Harry. Do we need to remind you that we are talking about political discourse? Democrats have taken the position that right wing rhetoric caused the Tucson shooting and now....well ...if you got out more you might see the hypocrisy for yourself.

That's not true. The rightwing propaganda machine manufactured a myth that Democrats took that position because, well, that's what the rightwing propaganda machine does,

it invents myths that it wants to attack, and then attacks them.
Utterly false: As Arizona Shooting Story Unfolds, Media Already Blaming Tea Party/Sarah Palin - Big Journalism

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/09/gabrielle-giffords-shooting-rightwing-rhetoric

one proof that many conservatives are actually and truely insane is the fact that they use images of violence against liberals and democrats ALL the time (they even sell liberal hunting permits) which they ALWAYS defend as free speech and explain to us how we are very much mistaken to think they mean what they say when they say what they mean ("leave only some liberals left alive"

yet are just as quick to denounce any speech from liberals that contains even the smallest suggestion of violence as HATE SPEECH and SUGGESTIONS AR VIOLENCE

they accuse their enemies of t heir own crimes

But but but... Sarah Palin used TARGETS! OMG! The hypocrisy is palpable, I know, but libs will still defend it as justified.

Oh he was just being 'colorful with his language, but Sarah Palin inspired Loughner'.

No one has suggested anything but a voluntary avoidance of death speech.

The right seems to think they can not state their opinions without death speech.

The dems have cooled it even if some still dont get it.

Now why is it that republicans have increased their security if these words dont matter?

"give them enough rope and they will hang themselves"

Is not the same thing as

"we will seek second amendment remedies"

Or "you'll have to shoot them in the head".

The wingnuts hate it when someone posts that, so they pretend it never happened. The wingnuts will never respond to that quote. Or this image

liberal-hunting-permit3.jpg

Try checking out the Link. This Dem went on to say more in his rant. I noticed the usual suspects here failed to comment on or post his entire rant. Boasting about wanting to 'Hang' your opposition doesn't seem too civil to me. But hey that's just me.

Try checking out the Link. This Dem went on to say more in his rant. I noticed the usual suspects here failed to comment on or post his entire rant. Boasting about wanting to 'Hang' your opposition doesn't seem too civil to me. But hey that's just me.

.the guy said the Republicans are going to hang themselves...and we are going to help them.....and that was it......so what are you trying to drag in here?.....what was the rest of his rant you mention?....

That's not true. The rightwing propaganda machine manufactured a myth that Democrats took that position because, well, that's what the rightwing propaganda machine does,

Utterly false: As Arizona Shooting Story Unfolds, Media Already Blaming Tea Party/Sarah Palin - Big Journalism

Gabrielle Giffords shooting reignites row over rightwing rhetoric in US | World news | The Guardian

If I open that link will I find enough substantive credible verifiable concrete evidence proving that the overall consensus among Democrats in this country is that Sarah Palin caused the shooting,

enough to justify the statement I bolded?

The right seems to think they can not state their opinions without death speech.

Now why is it that republicans have increased their security if these words dont matter?
Because the left has proven they're prone to violence and more likely to be inspired to violence by the rhetoric on the Left than the Right?

imagenewsfetcher.aspx

CE2892.jpg

Just to show a pair.

Because the left has proven they're prone to violence and more likely to be inspired to violence by the rhetoric on the Left than the Right?

imagenewsfetcher.aspx

CE2892.jpg

Just to show a pair.

Yes Oswald was virulently Anti-American and was a Pro-Cuba/Soviet Leftist psycho. The Left/Democrats really shouldn't be boasting about hanging the opposition. It's not only disturbing but is also in very poor taste.

hoax.jpg

Gabrielle Giffords shooting reignites row over rightwing rhetoric in US | World news | The Guardian

If I open that link will I find enough substantive credible verifiable concrete evidence proving that the overall consensus among Democrats in this country is that Sarah Palin caused the shooting,

enough to justify the statement I bolded?
I could post a poll saying 100% of Democrats surveyed think Sarah Palin flew to Tuscon, loaded the gun for Laughner, pointed to Gabby, and told him to pull the trigger, and you still wouldn't accept it.

But the left undeniably has an interest in blaming the shooting on right-wing rhetoric. Don't pretend it's not there.

Forum List

Back