Top CEOs Rank the Best and Worst States to Do Business In

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Who better to know then CEOs of top US companies where the best places to do business in? Not even liberals can refute that point.

CEOs Select Best, Worst States for Job Growth and Business | Articles | Homepage

For the fourth year in a row, CEOs rated Texas as the #1 state to do business and California as the worst.

Chief Executive's fifth annual survey asked 543 CEOs to evaluate their states on a broad range of issues, including proximity to resources, regulation, tax policies, education, quality of living and infrastructure. Providing additional insight to the evaluations, CEOs were also asked to grade each state based on the following criteria: 1) Taxation & Regulation, 2) Workforce Quality, and 3) Living Environment.

"Our survey, year-over-year proves that those states with the worst records continue to practice the same policies that alienate businesses," said JP Donlon, Editor-in-Chief of Chief Executive magazine. "As the nation’s economic problems continue to snowball and an increasing number of states experience budgetary problems, state governments ought to take a hard look at their taxation and unionization policies if they want to turn the page and attract new businesses and capital to their provinces."

The Top Five (shocker they are all conservative states):
(1) Texas - Has been at the top forever.
(2) North Carolina
(3) Florida
(4) Georgia
(5) Tennessee

The Bottom Five (Shocker they are all liberal Hell Holes):
(1) California - The Greece of America! The worst place to do business in America!
(2) New York
(3) Michigan
(4) New Jersey
(5) Massachusetts

If liberal polices worked so well, then why won't CEOs rank blue states as the best to work in.

I mean creating jobs is the key correct? Would any liberal argue against that? Heck all I hear from every Democrat running for political office right now, is my focus will be on job creation. However, Democrats follow the tax, spend and regulate policies of the bottom feeders listed in the OP! Therefore, their focus won't be on job creation!

I am not sure how any liberal can honestly say that liberal ideology creates prosperity and job growth, when most liberal states are the bottom feeders in job and economic growth and the most conservative states are at the top in job and economic growth.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Don't forget to look at criteria number 2 - Workforce quality. Are liberals in general more lazy than conservatives? One could make the inference! :lol:

What a moron, seriously? Why would any business love more regulation? All these companies want less regulation. CEOs are biased and prefer places where they can make the most money.

(11) IN - Red
(12) DL - First Blue state, however, this is the incorporation capital of the US. More states in INC in DL then any other state, so its not that blue on corporate matters.
(13) SD - Red
(14) AL - Red
(15) UT - Red
(16) ID - Red
(17) ND - Red
(18) NH - Purple (Mixed), some might include it as blue
(19) IW - Red
(20) WY - Red
(21) KS - Red
(22) OK - Red
(23) KY - Red
(24) OR - Second Blue State - Bravo
(25) AK - Red

Whats the tally here 21 of top 25 are RED, 2 Purple, 2 Blue (unless you consider NH Blue then 3 blue and 1 purple)!

I think the thrend is clear. Job and economic growth is clearly favored by conservative policies!

US Best and Worst States For Business - 2009, CHIEF EXECUTIVE

What a moron, seriously? Why would any business love more regulation? All these companies want less regulation. CEOs are biased and prefer places where they can make the most money.

See the liberal thinking is always corporations and businesses are bad. What is good for them must be bad for us. However, corporations equate to JOBS. Jobs equate to economic prosperity. Its not too hard to understand that the best states to do business is a very POSITIVE THING!

Obama liberal-hell-hole home state of Illinois just missed the bottom 5 by 1 coming in at 46! Ouch!

Last edited:
Hmm how would the CEO's list compare to the average americans list of top ten places to live?

Well I bet TX, GE, AZ (esp now), NC, FL, NV, SC, CO, UT would definitely be towards the top.

I would think the middle class would like a place where they would have multiple job and career options. I would also think the middle class would also like the best environment to start a small business!

Just guessing through.

The Top Five (shocker they are all conservative states):
(1) Texas - Has been at the top forever.
(2) North Carolina
(3) Florida
(4) Georgia
(5) Tennessee

The Bottom Five (Shocker they are all liberal Hell Holes):
(1) California - The Greece of America! The worst place to do business in America!
(2) New York
(3) Michigan
(4) New Jersey
(5) Massachusetts
Unemployment rates of listed states:

20 TEXAS
40 NORTH CAROLINA
47 FLORIDA
36 GEORGIA
37 TENNESSEE
(average of 36th)
Next 5:

49 CALIFORNIA
21 NEW YORK
51 MICHIGAN
34 NEW JERSEY
29 MASSACHUSETTS
(average of 37th)

:eusa_think:

Hmm how would the CEO's list compare to the average americans list of top ten places to live?

Well I bet TX, GE, AZ (esp now), NC, FL, NV, SC, CO, UT would definitely be towards the top.

I would think the middle class would like a place where they would have multiple job and career options. I would also think the middle class would also like the best environment to start a small business!

Just guessing through.

California is a popular place to live, so is NY.

Just guessing through.

More people are moving out of CA than are moving in...

Where are they going? Texas seems to be the hot spot...

(article from Jan 2009)

In bad economy, many Californians packing up and leaving | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News

Just guessing through.

I hear there's a lot of people migrating from Arizona to California.

Forum List

Back