Top 5 Fibs In Paul Ryan’s Convention Speech

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
What a lying piece of crap.

Five Misleading Claims In Paul Ryan’s Convention Speech | TPMDC

Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan’s headlining speech at the GOP convention in Tampa Wednesday night touched on many of the election’s defining issues. But it was also filled with prevarications — not just recitations of the conventions “you didn’t build that” theme, but on the very policy matters that have endeared him to the political establishment in Washington.

The speech effectively rallied his supporters in the audience. But on the merits it was chock full of misstatements of fact that undermine his reputation for brave, big ideas — which has hastened his rise through the ranks of the GOP.

Here are the top five examples:

Vice Presidential nominee Paul Ryan’s headlining speech at the GOP convention in Tampa Wednesday night touched on many of the election’s defining issues. But it was also filled with prevarications — not just recitations of the conventions “you didn’t build that” theme, but on the very policy matters that have endeared him to the political establishment in Washington.

The speech effectively rallied his supporters in the audience. But on the merits it was chock full of misstatements of fact that undermine his reputation for brave, big ideas — which has hastened his rise through the ranks of the GOP.

He does not need to say what I see in his face. He knows he going down.. Look closer.

causingpain-albums-cavemandave-picture4753-r-paul-ryan-republican-convention-speech-2012-huge.jpg

So …..“ZERO”

Last edited:
Ironically, the article lists five fibs, then goes on to explain how the statements are true.

i thought Ryan was a non factor, now we still have threads on him lying, come on Dicktuck if all republicans do is lie why do you have to point it out, i think more dems watched the convention than republicans, its funny how far they went to scrutinize this convention and everything is lie cheat lie cheat lie cheat. why bother watching dems?

janesville plant closed april 23 2009. hey but don't let the facts get in the way of msnbc yellow journalism.

So, the Janesville plant was kicking ass and then Obama became president and three months later the plant closed. Wow, talk about a huge reversal of fortune and in just three months. That's totally amazing. Is that how it was?
If that doesn't prove Obama is the worse president ever,,nothing will. :eusa_shifty:

i thought Ryan was a non factor, now we still have threads on him lying, come on Dicktuck if all republicans do is lie why do you have to point it out, i think more dems watched the convention than republicans, its funny how far they went to scrutinize this convention and everything is lie cheat lie cheat lie cheat. why bother watching dems?

Who said Ryan was a nonfactor? He didn't give Romney the usual VP boost. The point is Romney chose him, and there's a probability that if Romney were to beat the odds, and win, Ryan would be a heartbeat away.

You're wish that I STFU about Republican lying trash, I wouldn't hold my breath.

janesville plant closed april 23 2009. hey but don't let the facts get in the way of msnbc yellow journalism.

So, the Janesville plant was kicking ass and then Obama became president and three months later the plant closed. Wow, talk about a huge reversal of fortune and in just three months. That's totally amazing. Is that how it was?
If that doesn't prove Obama is the worse president ever,,nothing will. :eusa_shifty:

Lots of plants closed due to the Bush economic collapse. Lots of plants remained open due to the Obama stimulus.

Who said Ryan was a nonfactor? He didn't give Romney the usual VP boost. The point is Romney chose him, and there's a probability that if Romney were to beat the odds, and win, Ryan would be a heartbeat away.

You're wish that I STFU about Republican lying trash, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Even Ryan would be better then the liar in chief we have in office now. Keep lying, it is hilarious.

Donchyaknow, in our system of limited government and checks and balances, the President is supremely powerful. Why, he can cause entire companies to go bankrupt in a matter of days just by breathing the wrong way. If he farts, the Yellowstone caldera could erupt.

Lots of plants closed due to the Bush economic collapse. Lots of plants remained open due to the Obama stimulus.

And a lot more closed or laid off even with the failed Obamalama stimulus

Donchyaknow, in our system of limited government and checks and balances, the President is supremely powerful. Why, he can cause entire companies to go bankrupt in a matter of days just by breathing the wrong way. If he farts, the Yellowstone caldera could erupt.

Donchaknow that the market for muscle car engines isn't quite what it used to be?

Donchaknow that the market for muscle car engines isn't quite what it used to be?

Markets? Why you talkin' about markets? You think that the economy has anything to do with markets? It's all about the President, and his bodily functions. That's what drives the economy in this capitalist society. Don't blame the markets, blame the President.

And a lot more closed or laid off even with the failed Obamalama stimulus

So Obama's economic recovery plans should have accounted for building more muscle car engines? Are you really this much of an idiot?

Dude! Do you EVER have an independent thought?

This would mean that it had nothing to do with Obama.

Forum List

Back