Top 25 Animated Films

I am also glad that "Fantasia" did not make the list. I always thought it was the most overrated Disney movie of all time

Lady and the Tramp takes me back. When my children were small, for some reason, my youngest son could not get enough of Lady and the Tramp :)
He would watch that movie and then when it ended, he would rewind and watch it again.
The older children used to get so aggravated, saying they were tired of hearing that movie and it's music all the time ~LoL~
I think my "baby" was about 6 or 7 when he was in love with that movie.

There were 4-5 movies I didn't even know about.

And Lion King shoulda been higher. The details on it were over the top.

Agreed. That movie was part of my childhood so maybe I'm a little biased, but still.

How did Toy Story 3 rank above the original???

There were 4-5 movies I didn't even know about.

And Lion King shoulda been higher. The details on it were over the top.

Agreed. That movie was part of my childhood so maybe I'm a little biased, but still.

How did Toy Story 3 rank above the original???

Also biased here, but The Lion King but it was the best animated movie of that time, at least in my opinion. I might even say the greatest ever, especially when it comes to Disney.

I think the reason why it's not high is because the story is pretty much Hamlet.

I'd like to know what criteria were used for this list. I find it hard to compare a movie like Akira to any of the Disney children's movies, even the modern ones which appeal to adults, as well.

I am also glad that "Fantasia" did not make the list. I always thought it was the most overrated Disney movie of all time

Infidel! Sacrilege! May you be condenmned to reading nothing by Rdean and Truthmatters posts for eternity!

But seriously, South Park as #3?! No mention at all of Castle in the Air?! Tangled at #21?!

My list and I am only going off what I have seen, so movies like Shrek 2,3, Pinnochio, Mulan and some other I haven't seen are left off the list!

(1) Toy Story 3
(2) How to Train Your Dragon
(3) Wall-e
(4) Up
(5) The Jungle Book
(6) The Incrediables
(7) Ratatouille
(8) Dumbo
(9) Nemo
(10) Monster Inc
(11) Peter Pan
(12) Cinderalla
(13) The Lion King
(14) Toy Story
(15) Shrek
(16) Snow White
(17) Horton Hears a Who
(18) Tangled
(19) Megamind
(20) Cars
(21) Kung Fu Panda
(22) Antz
(23) Madagascar
(24) Lady and the Tramp
(25) Robin Hood

I personally would have put more emphasis on Hayao Miyazaki... that man has made two movies I consider to be among my favorites ever: Ponyo andSpirited Away. I do agree with a lot of it, though. I wouldn't have even considered Pinnochio, as well.

Kikki's Delivery Service didn't get a mention either.

Nor did Allegro Non Troppo

I saw and article in Pravda that tried to argue that Bremenski Musikanti and Cherubashka were superior to anything Disney did. Russian patriotism can get quite demented sometimes.

Forum List

Back