Tomorrow, this image will be on every newspaper

America turns a corner, we're with him, not you...

We're with him.

Meanwhile, another American hero and Vietnam vet works tirelessly and with honor to help remove the cancer from this country...

images

America needs heroes.
More proof liberals love criminals.

It is amazing how the Trumpians can scrabble to rationalize the embarrassment of The Donald being excluded from this funeral. They had to rationalize Trump being excluded from Barbara Bush's funeral. They had to rationalize Trump being excluded from the Royal wedding in May.

And this rationalization involves elevating boorish, immature behavior to suddenly being a virtue. "He tells it like it is!", they'll say. Telling it like it is never included insults, slights and fear mongering until the outsized yet fragile ego of Donald Trump became a political figure.

His comportment has done nothing to elevate our civil discourse. Quite the opposite. His comportment has done nothing to unite our nation. Quite the opposite. Consequently, his comportment has done nothing to make America great. Quite the opposite.

But the Trumpians are so deeply invested in the persona and behavior of this disgusting person that they are abandoning their own belief in ethics and civility. They excuse, they rationalize, they even celebrate the behavior of a spoiled brat. I pray they expect more of their children than they do of a president.

The Trumpians will insult the dead in order to elevate their petulant boy in the White House. One day, and that day cannot come soon enough, the Trumpians will awake from the spell cast upon them by this reality TV game show host. And on that blessed day, they will realize their shameful rationalizations. They will know what contrition means and we, the mature, reasonable, educated citizens should welcome them back into a civilized discussion on how our nation will continue .

v13.jpg

McCain from 2008 likes your new style.
You are using the tool of the demagogue. By taking the worst aspect of your opposition and ascribing that to ALL of your opposition. It's shameful. It's simplistic. And it's cheap.

I know that all Republicans are not White Supremacists. If I said that, I, too would be a demagogue. But you and I are smarter than that, aren't we?

It is amazing how the Trumpians can scrabble to rationalize the embarrassment of The Donald being excluded from this funeral. They had to rationalize Trump being excluded from Barbara Bush's funeral. They had to rationalize Trump being excluded from the Royal wedding in May.

And this rationalization involves elevating boorish, immature behavior to suddenly being a virtue. "He tells it like it is!", they'll say. Telling it like it is never included insults, slights and fear mongering until the outsized yet fragile ego of Donald Trump became a political figure.

His comportment has done nothing to elevate our civil discourse. Quite the opposite. His comportment has done nothing to unite our nation. Quite the opposite. Consequently, his comportment has done nothing to make America great. Quite the opposite.

But the Trumpians are so deeply invested in the persona and behavior of this disgusting person that they are abandoning their own belief in ethics and civility. They excuse, they rationalize, they even celebrate the behavior of a spoiled brat. I pray they expect more of their children than they do of a president.

The Trumpians will insult the dead in order to elevate their petulant boy in the White House. One day, and that day cannot come soon enough, the Trumpians will awake from the spell cast upon them by this reality TV game show host. And on that blessed day, they will realize their shameful rationalizations. They will know what contrition means and we, the mature, reasonable, educated citizens should welcome them back into a civilized discussion on how our nation will continue .

v13.jpg

You are using the tool of the demagogue. By taking the worst aspect of your opposition and ascribing that to ALL of your opposition. It's shameful. It's simplistic. And it's cheap.

I know that all Republicans are not White Supremacists. If I said that, I, too would be a demagogue. But you and I are smarter than that, aren't we?
Once again we see the Goebbels effect.

v13.jpg

Once again we see the Goebbels effect.
See post #22

Excellent post NK - But it is likely you lost our resident Orangelings in the first paragraph. They have the vocabulary of their Ignorant Cheeto God.

I was hesitant to accept this part:

They will know what contrition means and we, the mature, reasonable, educated citizens should welcome them back into a civilized discussion on how our nation will continue

Part of me would like to see them shut the F back up and slither back into the primordial ooze never to be seen again. But your approach is the correct one. It is the one John McCain would have taken.

I predict no papers will run this
If they do, will they photo shop the American flags out of the gutter? Wouldn't surprise me.
Uh, sorry Hoss, that's not a gutter.
Ever been to the Viet Nam vet's memorial?
If they do, will they photo shop the American flags out of the gutter? Wouldn't surprise me.

Been ther

Been there every Memorial Day and every November 14th ever since it was built. I have 234 buddies on that wall who were killed 14-17 November 1965 in one little football field sized shithole .
There's a walkway in front of the curb that forms a gutter.

noun

• a channel at the side or in the middle of a road or street, for leading off surface water.

Thank you for your service!

Excellent post NK - But it is likely you lost our resident Orangelings in the first paragraph. They have the vocabulary of their Ignorant Cheeto God.

I was hesitant to accept this part:

They will know what contrition means and we, the mature, reasonable, educated citizens should welcome them back into a civilized discussion on how our nation will continue

Part of me would like to see them shut the F back up and slither back into the primordial ooze never to be seen again. But your approach is the correct one. It is the one John McCain would have taken.
Reported for racism.

Orange people have rights and protection you racist Progressive, well, same thing I know

Seems like a normal enough photo. The Navy officer seems uncomfortable and the Army Sgt. isn't paying attention. What's so special about it? I get it, the crazy left thinks they can con the Vice President like they were conned by the deceased senator.

I have 234 buddies on that wall who were killed 14-17 November 1965 in one little football field sized shithole.

Hoss, I have a question for you. I was too young for the draft and the war was over before I turned 18. But do know a couple of vets who served. Their true feelings really didn't sink in until their return and all the crap they had to go through to get their minds straight. Both are pretty pissed about it at this point. In your estimation, was getting into that one a good or a horrendous idea? Thanks!

Question: why would anyone need to rush to defend it? Who cares? I don’t care that Trump wasn’t at the funeral. Trump seems to be having a fine day. It’s McCains funeral. He and his family can have whomever they want

The real embarrassment I see is rather than mourning, the media is using McCain even in death to play politics. You’d think after the wellstone memorial fiasco they would have learned

I have 234 buddies on that wall who were killed 14-17 November 1965 in one little football field sized shithole.

Hoss, I have a question for you. I was too young for the draft and the war was over before I turned 18. But do know a couple of vets who served. Their true feelings really didn't sink in until their return and all the crap they had to go through to get their minds straight. Both are pretty pissed about it at this point. In your estimation, was getting into that one a good or a horrendous idea? Thanks!

At the beginning it was a good idea because the S. Vietnamese asked for our help and we sent advisers and it was working fine. One thing then another made the Johnson administration think they needed to send tens of thousands of troops. Then fear of what Russia and China would do caused Johnson to place so many restrictions on the military that we had both hands tied all the time.

In hindsight we should have stuck to an advisory roll because even with all our firepower we weren't allowed to completely destroy the Viet Cong and PAVN which we could have done. As it was, N.Vietnam was going to capitulate and sue for peace in Paris however Nixon couldn't get his act together. It reminded me of Singapore when the Japanese sent a negotiator to surrender and the British, who had the upper hand, surprised the world and surrendered to the Japanese.

All of the above is just my opinion and won't change a thing.

Question: why would anyone need to rush to defend it? Who cares? I don’t care that Trump wasn’t at the funeral. Trump seems to be having a fine day. It’s McCains funeral. He and his family can have whomever they want

The real embarrassment I see is rather than mourning, the media is using McCain even in death to play politics. You’d think after the wellstone memorial fiasco they would have learned
The president should be the head of state. He should maintain the dignity of his office. He should, as an adult, realize that everything is not about him.

We've all been to a wake. And, as adults, we realize that, at that moment, the ceremony is about the departed.

Perhaps a four year old could act petulantly. But adults should take the responsibility and teach that four year old that there is solemnity involved and behavior should reflect that.

The president should be the head of state. He should maintain the dignity of his office. He should, as an adult, realize that everything is not about him.

We've all been to a wake. And, as adults, we realize that, at that moment, the ceremony is about the departed.

Perhaps a four year old could act petulantly. But adults should take the responsibility and teach that four year old that there is solemnity involved and behavior should reflect that.
Tragically we’ve had inflicted upon the Nation a president who is a child, devoid of maturity, arrogant and self-centered, for whom everything must be about him – where every perceived enemy must be attacked and vilified, even after that perceived enemy has died.

Tragically we’ve had inflicted upon the Nation a president who is a child, devoid of maturity, arrogant and self-centered, for whom everything must be about him – where every perceived enemy must be attacked and vilified, even after that perceived enemy has died.

Brilliant post, thanks!

He hasn't made it about himself. He isn't broken up about not being invited. You guys are the ones who keep making it about him

except it's the media making this about trump. They've been using McCain's passing to attack the President all week. President Trump doesn't seem to care about not going at all.

this thread is was started trying to make it about Trump.

when are you guys going to wake up and realize that you are the ones making everything about Trump?

Forum List

Back