Tom Brady retires after legendary 22-year career, breaking some folks' expectations that he will play until 50

No more than Skip Bayless who slurps Brady up every chance he gets! He should be tired of being on his knees so much worshiping this guy! :itsok: :stir::04::auiqs.jpg:
Hey I never got an alert or a reply from you on post 25 of mine on the second page,how on earth did you manage to miss thst one Fiero425 .?

without tooting my own horn,I was in stitches when I discovered those pics thst prove brady is Bisexual,not even trying to hide thst from the public like you would think he would want to. :rofl: :lmao:

Hey, I never got an alert or a reply from you on post 25 of mine on the second page, how on Earth did you manage to miss that one Fiero425 .?

without tooting my own horn. I was in stitches when I discovered those pics that prove Brady is bisexual, not even trying to hide that from the public like you would think he would want to. :rofl: :lmao:

I didn't get an alert either! I hadn't seen it before you pointed me in that direction! Whatever; anything's possible! I've avoided sports news who continue to deify the guy! They can call him the GOAT if they like, but I'd like to see what he'd do before rule's changes occurred that put QB's in skirts! :dunno: :rolleyes::itsok::bigbed:

I didn't get an alert either! I hadn't seen it before you pointed me in that direction! Whatever; anything's possible! I've avoided sports news who continue to deify the guy! They can call him the GOAT if they like, but I'd like to see what he'd do before rule's changes occurred that put QB's in skirts! :dunno: :rolleyes::itsok::bigbed:
Exactly,as I have said a million times had he played in the era that Dan Marino and Jim Kelly did when quarterbacks did not have skirts on and football was football where defenses were allowed to play defense instead of the era we have now where you just touch someone,you get flagged for it as defenders of other playoff teams against the patriots always did but not the patriots themselves,he wouldn’t have even lasted one season for the most important reason I have stated a million times which is thst was a day and age when quarterbacks were thrown around like a rag doll and no flags were thrown.Brady is a wuss,he couldn’t even take a mere helmet to the kneee one season missing an entire season over a tiny little thing like that. :abgg2q.jpg: If he had to miss an entire season over a mere helmet to the knee,anybody who thinks he could have surivived in that era of the 1980’s is living in a fantasyland.:rofl: The NFL already had quarterbacks playing in skirts prior to thst hit he took but after thst,the refs really cracked down and made even tougher rules against defenses putting skirts on quarterbacks even more so after that.i guarantee you brady went Whining to go Goddell after thst hit and told him the NFL needs to crack down on hits to quarterbacks even more so than they already were at thst time.

It used to be remarkable if a quarterback back in those days played into their forty’s,now because of skirts being put on them,it has become the norm for them to play into their forty’s now.they don’t have to endure the wear and tear on the body as quarterbacks back then in thst era had to so it takes longer to take a toll on them than it did back in those days.

It all makes sense WHY Brady is leaving now when he is.as one other person stated earlier,for the first time in his life in a playoff when it is a close game,he did not get the calls by the refs he always got in his career to advance to the Super Bowl so many times so he whines and pouts before packing up his toys in anger leaving. :abgg2q.jpg: :rofl:

Last edited:
The Celts had to beat 7 other NBA teams to win a Championship

Brady had to beat out 31 other NFL teams
Why do you keep lying about this stat?

Only in Russell's first championship did he have to face 7 other teams. By the time he won his 11th it was up to 14 teams.

And, that means the teams are stacked with talent, not watered down like today.

Stop the misinformation

I don't view Tom Brady as the GOAT, for multiple reasons.

He inherited a Super Bowl contending team, and won multiple super bowls being a below-average to at times above average QB. He went an entire NFL playoffs without a single TD pass and won a Super Bowl. Those first 3 super bowls he was dragged kicking and screaming to his success. When people talk about rings, they assume he was lighting it up his whole career, he didn't.

For example, over his career, Tom Brady averaged the 7th best scoring defense behind him, in that on average his defenses were the 7th best at keeping the opposing team to low scores. Compare that to Peyton Manning, who on average had the 17th best defense.

Brady would win games that Manning would lose when they basically played the exact same.

Brady became elite in the early-middle of his career and never looked back. I hated him with a passion when I was younger, but totally respect him now. That being said, he's still an elite QB who profited off all-time great defenses and head coaches. If you put Manning, Marino, Elway, etc. on the Patriots in 2002, they'd win multiple Super Bowls a lot more easier than they did with Brady.

Why do you keep lying about this stat?

Only in Russell's first championship did he have to face 7 other teams. By the time he won his 11th it was up to 14 teams.

And, that means the teams are stacked with talent, not watered down like today.

Stop the misinformation
OMG! :ack-1:
The NBA had 14 total teams?

And you think it is the equivalent of beating 32 teams?

Stacked with talent?
Today the NBA has talent from around the world
The Celtics from the 50s and 60s did not have to deal with a structured draft, free agency or salary caps

OMG! :ack-1:
The NBA had 14 total teams?
More than your incorrect "stat" that you continue to vomit.

Glad I could correct you.

And you think it is the equivalent of beating 32 teams?

Stacked with talent?
Today the NBA has talent from around the world
The Celtics from the 50s and 60s did not have to deal with a structured draft, free agency or salary caps
The NBA was created in America, and all the top talent in the sport was located in America. So.. the whole "around the world" argument falls flat.

And yes, if there are the 50 best BBall players, they were spread out amongst 14 teams rather than 32. That makes it more impressive that Russell was able to lead the Celtics to so many titles against stacked teams rather than a Tom Brady who beats teams with more unsaturated talent, as all modern players do. It's no knock on them, it's just the era you played in.

I don't view Tom Brady as the GOAT, for multiple reasons.

He inherited a Super Bowl contending team, and won multiple super bowls being a below-average to at times above average QB. He went an entire NFL playoffs without a single TD pass and won a Super Bowl. Those first 3 super bowls he was dragged kicking and screaming to his success. When people talk about rings, they assume he was lighting it up his whole career, he didn't.

For example, over his career, Tom Brady averaged the 7th best scoring defense behind him, in that on average his defenses were the 7th best at keeping the opposing team to low scores. Compare that to Peyton Manning, who on average had the 17th best defense.

Brady would win games that Manning would lose when they basically played the exact same.

Brady became elite in the early-middle of his career and never looked back. I hated him with a passion when I was younger, but totally respect him now. That being said, he's still an elite QB who profited off all-time great defenses and head coaches. If you put Manning, Marino, Elway, etc. on the Patriots in 2002, they'd win multiple Super Bowls a lot more easier than they did with Brady.
Please enough of the babble thst fraud over rated hack Belicheat was a great coach,he was a washout with cleveland, Brady saved his ass from the toilet.yeah Belicheat was such a great coach he didn’t even think he was good enough to be a starter thst year only playing cause he was forced to,if Bledsoe does not get hurt from thst hit,he is the starter another year and they have another losing season and belicheat gets fired fir a second consecutive losing season.

now that Mac jones is the second coming of brady and plays like a quarterback who looks like he has been in the game twenty yesrs,he is also now going to make him look like a great coach.the whole world saw him last year for the overrated hack he really is when he did not have a great web oh and the fluke season with castle does not count.Randy moss can make any quarterback look great.

Please enough of the babble thst fraud over rated hack Belicheat was a great coach,he was a washout with cleveland, Brady saved his ass from the toilet.yeah Belicheat was such a great coach he didn’t even think he was good enough to be a starter thst year only playing cause he was forced to,if Bledsoe does not get hurt from thst hit,he is the starter another year and they have another losing season and belicheat gets fired fir a second consecutive losing season.
Had the tuck rule not technically saved Brady's *ss, he would have certainly been sent back to the bench the following season so Bledsoe could start again and hopefully lead the Pats to another Super Bowl, which he easily could have with the Defense the Pats had.

Week 2, Bledsoe gets injured. Bledsoe had been up and down in his career in NE. Let's look at it:

1994 - 25 TD, 27 INT 10-6 record, playoffs
1995- 13 TD, 16 INT, 6-92 T record
1996 - 27 TD, 15 INT, 11-5 record, playoffs
1997 - 28 TD, 15 INT, 10-6 record, playoffs
1998 - 20 TD, 14 INT (14 games) 8-6 record
1999 - 19 TD, 21 INT, 8-8 record
2000 - 17 TD, 13 INT, 5-11 record
2001 - 2 TD, 3 INT (injured Game 2)

So while Bledsoe isn't John Elway, isn't Dan Marino, isn't the new phenom Peyton Manning, he's seen as a top 10 QB in the league.

Brady Takes over in Week 2 of the 2001 season, and what does he do
2001 - 18 TD, 12 INT, 11-4 record
He had the 6th best defense in the league

He's an average, semi-above average QB who hasn't proven that he can be elite like the guy ahead of him who got injured. Had he lost the game he should have lost (but was bailed out of), he'd be back on the bench next year guaranteed. The only reason they rolled with Brady was because he happened to be the QB who won the SB. Let's look at his stats in the playoffs that year:

vs. Oakland: Won 16-13 OT, 312 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT
vs. Pit: Won 24-17, 115 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT
vs. STL: Won 20-17, 145 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

The guy was a walking stiff who got dragged to a Super Bowl, and that's the only reason he got an opportunity. Talent is talent, and Brady developed into an all time elite Quarterback. But don't insult anybody's intelligence and act like Brady deserved his initial shot or Super Bowl, because he clearly didn't.

More than your incorrect "stat" that you continue to vomit.

Glad I could correct you.

The NBA was created in America, and all the top talent in the sport was located in America. So.. the whole "around the world" argument falls flat.

And yes, if there are the 50 best BBall players, they were spread out amongst 14 teams rather than 32. That makes it more impressive that Russell was able to lead the Celtics to so many titles against stacked teams rather than a Tom Brady who beats teams with more unsaturated talent, as all modern players do. It's no knock on them, it's just the era you played in.
The Celtics built a strong team and just kept their core players for over a decade. No worry about free agency
They had to beat seven teams to win a championship. Not hard to do. After expansion, they had to beat expansion teams
There was no draft where the worst teams got first shot at the best players. It was a regional draft.
The best athletes did not go to the NBA, if able, they played MLB or NFL which paid better

Winning in the NFL with 32 teams, a draft and free agency is much more difficult

And....he's back...

Tom Brady says he's returning as Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB next season

Tom-Brady.jpg

Forum List

Back