Tolerant Islam

cptpwichita

Mar 4, 2004
quran 9:71"o prophet,strive hard [fighting] against the unbelievers and the hypocrits, and be harsh with them.their abode is hell,an evil refuge indeed."

quran 8:59 "the infidels should not think that they can get away from us.prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them."

bukhari v4b52n260 "the prophet said,'if a muslim discards his religion,kill him."

tabari 8:130 "the messenger said,"two religions cannot coexist in the arabian peninsula.'umar investigated the matter,then sent to the jews,saying:'allah has given permission for you to be expelled."

quran 8:39 "so fight them until there is no more fitnah(disbelief[non-muslims])and all submit to the religion of allah alone(in the whole world)."

quran 3:61 "if anyone disputes with you about jesus being divine,flee them and pray that allah will curse them."

good ol' tolerant muslims.well i would feel safe going to just about any muslim country with this level of tolerance.no wonder syria is on the human rights committee of the united nations.i'm gonna sleep well tonight knowing that islam is the most peaceful and tolerant religion on the planet.(sarchasm)

The way the UN was set up was messed up (But what do you expect when you leave it up with liberals) I mean they create an institution that is not at all accountable to the people, not Democratic except to the elite in it, has no way to back up anything it says and lets dictators have an equal vote as Democratic leaders who are accountable to their people. Its seriously messed up. And to make things worse there is no way to garuantee any of the basic freedoms of the Constitution with the UN

And then Putting the French on the Security council. What on earth were they thinking..well i know what they were thinking it was a way to balance the power away from the USSR (which i have to question why they were allowed in to begin with) but seriously the French? They havent been relevent militarily since The French Revolution. They have never been lead to victory by a French man, only by a corsican and a French woman.

But enough of the french. The UN needs to either be changed or abolished but i dont see either happening soon.

The U.N. started out pretty well. It was basically a way for nations to get together in a group, rather than one-on-one (like embassies). It wasn't supposed to govern anybody. It was a good idea, and helped with many good projects, like the rebuilding of Europe (thank you, George C. Marshall, may you rest in peace). However, they've got big heads now and think they own everyone. It's useless and will remain that way unless they go back to their roots, but with how secularist Europe is become and with how forcefully secularists push their views, I doubt it ever will.

Originally posted by Hobbit
The U.N. started out pretty well. It was basically a way for nations to get together in a group, rather than one-on-one (like embassies). It wasn't supposed to govern anybody. It was a good idea, and helped with many good projects, like the rebuilding of Europe (thank you, George C. Marshall, may you rest in peace). However, they've got big heads now and think they own everyone. It's useless and will remain that way unless they go back to their roots, but with how secularist Europe is become and with how forcefully secularists push their views, I doubt it ever will.

Interestingly enough the Marshall plan doesnt resemble anything Marshall actually proposed. The Republicans in congress did alot of tinkering with the Marshall plan before enacting it.

I am not too worried about the big headsof Europeans. They will see violence within the next thirty years though. probably sooner. Violence always comes after pride.

There is nothing tolerant about Islam...You are either one of them or you are a dhimmi. Pure and simple.

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
How many Muslims do you know, Traitor?

are you just gonna ignore the facts i gave up above?if i have misquoted or pulled these verses out of context please correct me.not all muslims are terrorists nor do i support rounding up terrorists here in the u.s. or deny them their rights ,but,islam is NOT A RELIGION OF PEACE and sharia law is not something i would want to see here in the u.s. or overseas.i believe as people who know the truth about the religion of islam (which also is a political and governmental system which can not be seperated from the religious) we have a responsibility to get the facts out to people,especially those who are muslims so they can see the real islam and come out of it.islam was spread by the sword and ends up being repressive to its people,PERIOD.if i am wrong simply give me a list of islamic nations that enjoy religious freedom and economic prosperity for its people.also part of the confusion comes by not understanding that the koran is not in chronological order so it is sometimes easy to confuse what was written before the hijrah and what was written after (pre-power mohammed with few followers and post-power mohammed with many followers-also did you know that after the hijrah that mohammed spent nearly 2 years raiding caravans?).
mohammed was a pedophile,rapist,murderer,assassin,committed genocide,megalomaniac,racist,thief and liar to name a few.you might say "you are just hateful" or "you are just lying or are misinformed".first i do not hate muslims but understand that their religion calls them to violence and hate and is a breeding ground for terrorism-this is why i hope to bring them out of islam by spreading the truth through the facts of their own religious writings.

I agree, if Muslims are so tolerant and are a religion of peace, how come no one condemns terrorist attacks? Where are the cries of outrage towards suicide bombers? There is none. Suicide bombers are revered as martyrs for the cause of Islam. That sends a message of peace to the world.

While Europeans were busy killing each other during the Middle Ages, Islam was flourishing in the Widdle East in tolerant and vibrant societies. Women owned property and businesses, and were not troubled to wear a chadour. Other religions were tolerated and permitted free and unhindered practice of their beliefs.

It wasn't until the fall of this civilization in the late 18th and early 19th centuries that we see the evolution of radical branches of Islam such as Wahabism arise in response to the oppressionof colonial powers and the suppression of Islam.

"There is nothing tolerant about Islam...You are either one of them or you are a dhimmi. Pure and simple."

What exactly is a dhimmi?

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
While Europeans were busy killing each other during the Middle Ages, Islam was flourishing in the Widdle East in tolerant and vibrant societies. Women owned property and businesses, and were not troubled to wear a chadour. Other religions were tolerated and permitted free and unhindered practice of their beliefs.

It wasn't until the fall of this civilization in the late 18th and early 19th centuries that we see the evolution of radical branches of Islam such as Wahabism arise in response to the oppressionof colonial powers and the suppression of Islam.

Two things....

1. We don't live in the middle ages now, so who gives a shit what happened THEN?

2. They lived in peace because they didn't have to mix with non-Muslims then. Now, as the world gets more populous, they find themselves living in areas that are not Muslim, so now they have to "spread" Islam to those areas. If we do not accept it, they can then force it.

Times have changed. Get a clue!

Don't forget to add in that they still live in the middle ages while the rest of the world has progressed.

"2. They lived in peace because they didn't have to mix with non-Muslims then. Now, as the world gets more populous, they find themselves living in areas that are not Muslim, so now they have to "spread" Islam to those areas. If we do not accept it, they can then force it."

BULLSHIT!!

1000 CE there was a very large gathering of the People of the Book (Christians, Muslims, and Jews) in Jerusalem. Each of the Three had a large number of representatives and it was a very peaceful gathering. No more violence then you would normaly have.

So um they were mixing, many peope were non muslim yet no violence. So your theory does not hold up to historical scrutiny.

Originally posted by deaddude 1000 CE there was a very large gathering of the People of the Book (Christians, Muslims, and Jews) in Jerusalem. Each of the Three had a large number of representatives and it was a very peaceful gathering. No more violence then you would normaly have.

So um they were mixing, many peope were non muslim yet no violence. So your theory does not hold up to historical scrutiny.

True. I should have been more specific. They are now moving into areas where there are no "People of the Book".

Islam does not at all accept atheism or paganism. Nor do they let those that practice such live in their realm. But they do allow living with the People of the Book as long as those people do not prevent them from practicing Islam and as long as the other People of the Book do not try to convert them (the Moslems) to their beliefs (i.e. Christianity).

Read up. Hell, even one of the Moslems that was in here trying to convert us all said as much.

I can’t really take complaints about attempted Islamic conversions seriously. Well not right now at any rate. You see there is this guy at my University who when ever I walk by he screams at me that I am going to hell because I have long hair.

Quote from corner crazy man "all of you long haired freaks are faggots and going are going to burn forever for your sins"

I get about 1 Christian conversion attempt a week and as many as 5 a week on the week of Easter.

Don’t get me wrong, I dislike any type of conversion attempt it’s just that the Christians are the only people who have ever tried to convert me.

Also Im agnostic and Imp friends with several Muslims, so some of them are even tolerant of us semi-atheists.

Forum List

Back