Tofu from Pumpkin Seeds

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Nobody's gonna appreciate this but me, I'm sure, but I his weekend I'll be making tofu from pumpkin seeds. I have access to as much as I want, and I'll be taking advantage of that.

Nobody's gonna appreciate this but me, I'm sure, but I his weekend I'll be making tofu from pumpkin seeds. I have access to as much as I want, and I'll be taking advantage of that.

Great idea!

Hopefully pumpkin seed tofu is far tastier than the soy crap.

Being married into a Japanese family, I had occasion to choke down tofu. The one way I like it is as the wrapper in inari sushi, which the granddaughters made mountains of for every family gathering. Yummy stuff.

iu

OH! By the way, I wonder if it works with the hull-less varieties of pumpkin seeds! I will be trying my hand at growing them this year, using a variety called Naked Bear Pumpkins.

Fun facts -- Pumpkin seeds, when eaten in large quantities, will kill intestinal worms.

Pumpkin seeds are one of the very few seed/nut foods I can eat on my low oxalate diet.

God bless the humble pumpkin seed!

Last edited:
Depends if you want soft, firm or extra firm

I add it to scrambled eggs. It's pure protein (and healthy fat).

Interesting! Let us know how it turns out!

I've been adding pumpkin seeds as a topping to things like salads, etc... I even added some as a topping to oatmeal, along with blueberries and walnuts.

I'm not crazy about pumpkin, but pumpkin seeds are super nutritious.

Interesting! Let us know how it turns out!

I've been adding pumpkin seeds as a topping to things like salads, etc... I even added some as a topping to oatmeal, along with blueberries and walnuts.

I'm not crazy about pumpkin, but pumpkin seeds are highly nutritious

Sometimes they're really buttery. Loaded with healthy protein, fat, and magnesium and zinc. The video I posted is a great channel. I'm going to add this to my pumpkin seeds eggs 😂

Forum List

Back