Tobasco Sauce

There are other sauces but Tabasco is the one I carry in the glove box of my car: It's like salt and pepper in a bottle.

A must for everyone's table...

TabascoGallonJug.jpg

There are other sauces but Tabasco is the one I carry in the glove box of my car: It's like salt and pepper in a bottle.

They always ask the question......If you were stranded on a desert island and you could take one item, what would you take?

I always answer....Tobasco Sauce

I figure I could eat anything if it had enough Tobasco Sauce on it.
Bug, slug, worm......I could eat it if I smothered it in Tobasco

As long as I had Tobasco, I would not starve

Last edited:
Doesn’t Hillary carry that in her purse...or does she simply carry hot sauce?

During the eighties Tabasco had a line of ties, I owned one from that series, it was one of my favs. . .

794238d1f5855dac86afa209429e9b5c.jpg

t43901.jpg
ties-red-tabasco-sauce-hot-sauce-advertising-shrimp-seafood-tie-2_large.jpg

The absolutely best sauce I've ever had was those two sauces that many dollar taco places in Texas have. The tacos are nothing but a fried corn tortilla with chopped up chicken, cilantro, and onion.

The sauces come in two bottles: One red and one green. The red sauce is usually made of some type of whole dried red pepper that's first toasted over a high heat in a pan, then ran through a food processor with some water, salt, garlic, a touch of sugar, and sometimes cilantro.

The green sauce is usually tomatillos, water, salt, onions, and cilantro. I used to eat about 4 or 5 of those simplistic tacos just so I could drench them in the sauces. The sauces are also served cold in a squeeze bottle.

For extraordinary heroism and courage as Executive Officer of Company B, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division, during a frontal assault upon a strongly fortified enemy Japanese position along the coast of Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, August 27, 1942. After organizing a volunteer party to advance and evacuate the wounded from the hazardous position well forward of the company, First Lieutenant Mcllhenny, armed only with a rifle, and while under heavy enemy mortar and machine gun fire, covered the advance and withdrawal of the rescue party, gallantly drawing enemy fire and silencing a Japanese machine gun nest. Although ill at the time and suffering shock from concussion of an enemy mortar shell, he returned to a vantage point close to enemy lines and, in the face of fierce sniper fire, acted as an observer, relaying accurate information necessary for fire control until ordered by his superior officer to leave his post. His great personal valor, above and beyond the call of duty, not only made possible the rescue of nine wounded men but also contributed to the success of Marine mortar fire.

Walter Stauffer McIlhenny - Wikipedia

semper fi

Went to dinner with a guy from Arizona once

We were in Maryland and ordered traditional crab cakes. When they came, he asked for a bottle of Tobasco. The waiter shrugged at the request and came back with a bottle still in the box.
He opened it and started dumping it on his crab cake. The cake went from yellow to pink, to red. He tasted it and then dumped on more Tobasco
He ended up calling the waiter and asking for more Tobasco

He explained to me that in Arizona, he usually uses hot chili peppers and Tobasco is just too mild for him

For extraordinary heroism and courage as Executive Officer of Company B, 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, 1st Marine Division, during a frontal assault upon a strongly fortified enemy Japanese position along the coast of Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, August 27, 1942. After organizing a volunteer party to advance and evacuate the wounded from the hazardous position well forward of the company, First Lieutenant Mcllhenny, armed only with a rifle, and while under heavy enemy mortar and machine gun fire, covered the advance and withdrawal of the rescue party, gallantly drawing enemy fire and silencing a Japanese machine gun nest. Although ill at the time and suffering shock from concussion of an enemy mortar shell, he returned to a vantage point close to enemy lines and, in the face of fierce sniper fire, acted as an observer, relaying accurate information necessary for fire control until ordered by his superior officer to leave his post. His great personal valor, above and beyond the call of duty, not only made possible the rescue of nine wounded men but also contributed to the success of Marine mortar fire.

semper fi

Here's something equally interesting;

"Like a fine wine, Tabasco Sauce has to be aged in oak barrels for several years before they are ready to be bottled. I was surprised to hear that these oak barrels use to hold Jack Daniel’s Whiskey. Tabasco buys the barrels exclusively from Jack Daniels, grind the charred interiors off of them and uses them to store fresh batches of sauce."
8448914187_106ce026c9.jpg

Mali Mish - Day 185: Tabasco Factory and Jungle Gardens at Avery Island.

semper fi

Here's something equally interesting;

"Like a fine wine, Tabasco Sauce has to be aged in oak barrels for several years before they are ready to be bottled. I was surprised to hear that these oak barrels use to hold Jack Daniel’s Whiskey. Tabasco buys the barrels exclusively from Jack Daniels, grind the charred interiors off of them and uses them to store fresh batches of sauce."
8448914187_106ce026c9.jpg

Mali Mish - Day 185: Tabasco Factory and Jungle Gardens at Avery Island.

Dear Tabasco:

How much for one oaken barrel of your delicious sauce?

Signed: JGalt :biggrin:

Ya'll will probably think I'm crazy, but my next favorite sauce is the fire sauce that comes in the little packets at Taco Bell. I can buy it in the bottle at Walmart but the recipe seems to be a little different. It has to be the sauce in the packets.

Any time I go to Taco Bell, I snarf up as many of them as I can fit in my pockets, and put them on everything. I once told a regional manager how much I like it and he gave me a half of a grocery sack full of the sauce packets for free.

Forum List

Back