To use a popular leftist phrase, was Don Lemon "punching down" when he laughed at poor rural whites?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Don Lemon and his guests weren't attacking rural whites based on the color of their skin, they were displaying their contempt for poor rural whites living in economically depressed areas with limited educational opportunities and holding them up for ridicule.

Don Lemon and his guests weren't "speaking truth to power" and standing up to white millionaires. They were attacking people like this.

th

th

appalachia-2.jpg

So much for the notion that Democrats stand for the downtrodden, the oppressed, the poor, and the little people.

Such BS. I hope they enjoy the next four years of Trump.

It is Leftist common wisdom that most of Trump's supporters are either bazillionaires or illiterate boobs. I welcome that attitude. It will make it ever so much more painful when Trump kicks ass again in November.

If Sean Hannity had laughed hysterically and pounded the table while two of his guests ruthlessly mocked poor inner city people as uneducated while performing childish imitations of stereotypical ghetto slang and hip hop, he would have lost his job.

Don Lemon and his guests weren't attacking rural whites based on the color of their skin, they were displaying their contempt for poor rural whites living in economically depressed areas with limited educational opportunities and holding them up for ridicule.

Don Lemon and his guests weren't "speaking truth to power" and standing up to white millionaires. They were attacking people like this.

th

th

appalachia-2.jpg

I would say, yes, they were punching down.

But, the people that people like that, think of when they think of "Rednecks" are not just the rural poor whites, but really anyone that is rural and white and does not agree with them.

Plenty of middle class, or even rich whites, that don't agree with Don Lemon and his asshole friends, that people like this consider worthy of ridicule.

Based on their own stupid lies, that they have told each other, and they believe, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

I don't follow Don Lemon. What was he saying? "Punching down" implies a position of power...does Don Lemon hold such a position? Or is he just an entitled jerk?

I don't follow Don Lemon. What was he saying? "Punching down" implies a position of power...does Don Lemon hold such a position? Or is he just an entitled jerk?

The media has tremendous power. And he is an entitled asshole.

Is this the incident in question?

Don Lemon, this is no laughing matter

Here is a clip.

Thank you. His disrespect for other people is out of control. His journalism professor deserves to be on death row.

That seems to be the incident, though that is a terrible piece on it.

He's a jerk.

Like Pompeo.

I don't remember hearing about Don Lemon, and am not sure who he is.
He's a pompous, self-important leftist (pardon the triple redundancy) who feels his beliefs and his job obligate people to agree with him.

To quote Shakespeare, "[he] is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

I don't watch CNN for the same reason I don't drink from the toilet.

Nasty.

I don't care for journalists who feel their job is to entertain over inform.

One more thing is that the left will probably be shocked and call those people racist when they vote for Trump in 2020.

That seems to be the incident, though that is a terrible piece on it.

He's a jerk.

Like Pompeo.

Yes, but that is not the point.

He, and both his guests, are representative of the classism and racism of the Left.

There is something to be learned here, if you are open to it.

How sad that Mr. Lemon ( who belongs to two stereotyped groups) would stereotype another group!

Forum List

Back