To supporters of ginrich, paul, and santorum..

I resemble that. I live in Massachusetts. He was a so so governor. He will be a worse President. Amyone but Romney.

So you prefer the corruption as its currently fleecing the empty treasury.

I understand the sentiment but Obama really?

Anyone but multi faced Romney. Newt, Barrack, Rick, or one old fart are all preferable.

I resemble that. I live in Massachusetts. He was a so so governor. He will be a worse President. Amyone but Romney.

So you prefer the corruption as its currently fleecing the empty treasury.

I understand the sentiment but Obama really?

Anyone but multi faced Romney. Newt, Barrack, Rick, or one old fart are all preferable.

Ok I understand now. My bad.....

Not going to happen. Not in time to have that candidate ready at the convention.

No such thing as a fresh start either. Gingrich has already said he doesn't think that either Romney or Santorum can win against Obama, so he's staying in this for his own glory, not to help keep numbers from Romney so that Santorum has a better chance.

If he thinks that the nomination going to the third face finisher after a "fresh start" at the convention is even possible, much less a good thing, then he's every bit as crazy as I've ever called him in my most hyperbolic moment.

And he will bring about the creation of a whole lot more Democrats than exist right now.

you realize no one like this exists right? and if he did that he/she would not appearl to the majority of the party. You are actually pretty close to describing ron paul and look how he is treated.

Gingrich is right:

Romney is a waffling panderer with no core convictions. I saw this movie in 2004...a flip flopping multi-millionaire vs. a weak president with low approval numbers at the tail end of a recession. If you missed it, it didn't work out well for the flip flopper.

Santorum is ALL core conviction. He doesn't know when to downplpay those convictions. He believes his only route to the nomination is thru social conservative (which is probably true) but doesn't understand how to pivot away from that front and talk about the economy and smaller government.

Gingrich is eclipsed by a insurmountable mountain of baggage.

Ron Paul can't get traction...I do agree with a lot of what he says, but Iran cannot be allowed to become a nuclear power, Israel can't be left high and dry, we cannot just pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, and IMO legalizing drugs is a bad idea.

Those are the candidates.

None of them IMO can win the general election.

Obama was a nobody...and he won a general election.

There are 340 million Americans...140 million of them self identify as conservative.

Surely there is someone out there that we can all enthusiastic support.

There are too many reasons that people self identify as conservative. Vastly different groups of people fall under that label.

I agree...now, a history lesson...let's look at the Republican presidential candidates that won, and the ones that lost.

Reagan...Conservative. Social Conservative? Yes. Won 2 terms.

Bush Sr...Moderate. Social Conservative? Not so much. Won 1st term (On Reagan's coattails), Lost 2nd term.

Dole...Moderate. Social Conservative? No. Lost.

Bush Jr...Conservative. Social Conservative? Yes. Won 2 terms.

McCain...Moderate. Social Conservative? No. Lost.

Do you see a pattern developing?

I never expected Paul to win, not running in a party that has been hijacked by RINOs, neocons, and big government social conservatives. I think the longer Paul stays the course, gets his message out, and ruffles feathers, the better.

I could care less about dragging this out and helping Obama as I don't see much of a difference between Obama and Romney and will most likely be supporting Gary Johnson.

Same here

Nailed it.

I'd like to add I would like to see Garry ask Paul to be his VP and Paul to accept. The Republican party has turned it's back fully on anything that even resembles conservatism. The Republican party is now just the Religious Progressive left.

Last edited:
Gingrich is right:

Romney is a waffling panderer with no core convictions. I saw this movie in 2004...a flip flopping multi-millionaire vs. a weak president with low approval numbers at the tail end of a recession. If you missed it, it didn't work out well for the flip flopper.

Santorum is ALL core conviction. He doesn't know when to downplpay those convictions. He believes his only route to the nomination is thru social conservative (which is probably true) but doesn't understand how to pivot away from that front and talk about the economy and smaller government.

Ron Paul can't get traction...I do agree with a lot of what he says, but Iran cannot be allowed to become a nuclear power, Israel can't be left high and dry, we cannot just pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, and IMO legalizing drugs is a bad idea.

There are 340 million Americans...140 million of them self identify as conservative.

There are too many reasons that people self identify as conservative. Vastly different groups of people fall under that label.

I agree...now, a history lesson...let's look at the Republican presidential candidates that won, and the ones that lost.

Bush Sr...Moderate. Social Conservative? Not so much. Won 1st term (On Reagan's coattails), Lost 2nd term.

The pattern is, Be true, be honest. Noone believed Bush Sr. was anything other than an elitist. Way too many elitists running now. The country needs more balance. Eliists are clueless as to what balance is. People often put forth Reagan but fail to recognize his many compromises. He cared about business while at the same time recognizing and strenghtening the small ones. It takes both.

Gingrich is right:

GWB was conservative enough to convince the religious right to vote for him but not so far right that moderates needed to worry that he would change too much. The religious right was upset by GWB, weren't they? No anti-gay marriage amendment. No moves to reverse Roe v. Wade.

Romney is closer to a Bush conservative than Santorum is.

Santorum is not a social conservative. He is a social extremist.

Now ... if you still think you can find someone between Romney and Santorum in time for the convention ... well ... that could be interesting ... but :dunno: ...

Now, let's look at the 10 most religious states.

xw2kcfv_-uoaf5qxy-ygbw.gif

Do you see any correlations there?

I do.

GWB was conservative enough to convince the religious right to vote for him but not so far right that moderates needed to worry that he would change too much. The religious right was upset by GWB, weren't they? No anti-gay marriage amendment. No moves to reverse Roe v. Wade.

Romney is closer to a Bush conservative than Santorum is.

Santorum is not a social conservative. He is a social extremist.

Now ... if you still think you can find someone between Romney and Santorum in time for the convention ... well ... that could be interesting ... but :dunno: ...

Not at all, I was very, very happy with Bush from a social conservatives perspective. He got some good justices on the court, expanded faith based initiatives, DOMA.

Bush and I part ways in the spending department, and expanding government. Medicare part D and the partiot act, DHS and the TSA especially.

Santorum is not a social extremest...he even voted in favor of title ten funding for planned parenthood...would an extremist no that? Under any circumstances? Not a chance.

I do.

Correlations? Between what and what?

Did McCain lose any of those states in 2008?

A correlation between the most religious states and the most Republican states.

And yes, McCain lost Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, and Tennessee in the primaries, and North Carolina in the general election. And he only won GA by 3.

I do.

And yes, McCain lost Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, and Tennessee in the primaries, and North Carolina in the general election. And he only won GA by 3.

So McCain won Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee in the general and he barely lost North Carolina in spite of the massive national recoil from Bush and the hope and change hysteria.

So McCain won Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas and Tennessee in the general and he barely lost North Carolina in spite of the massive national recoil from Bush and the hope and change hysteria.

Yes...he lost some RED red states, and barely hung on to others...and he lost Florida...and Indiana...and Virginia...and Iowa...and Ohio...and Nevada...and Colorado...and New Mexico...and just barely hung on to Missouri by 3000 votes.

What happened to all those independents that a moderate, non-social conservative was supposed to garner?

Believe me, I'm not saying social conservatives could or want to go it alone...I'm saying we're all in this together.

Give me a candidate I can believe in...I'll vote for him.

Gingrich is right:

Ron Paul...Conservative. Social Conservative? Yes. Win.

It doesn't really matter because all of them are owned by AIPAC and Israeli lobbies. All 3 mean war with Iran for Israel. Great Job all of you. really good Job for supporting these puppets. Wonderful. Bravo. Really.

How do you feel about your candidate of choice staying in the race even though the odds of catching romney and getting the needed delegates is very remote? I am a diehard RP fan, but I know at this point it is just not going to happen. Gingrinch is in the same boat.

Santorum fans may feel differently as its still at least mathematically possible for him to catch romney, but very small chance in reality.

Knowing that the longer it drags out, the more it benefits Obama, particularly if it goes the brokered convention route, would you feel betrayed by your candidate if he dropped or would you rather see the Romney vs Obama showdown begin?

Romney is the heir apparent.

I know. The Obama-LMSM keep telling me so.

How do I feel about the other guys staying in the race?

Just fucking great.

Oh; I'll support Romney if I have to.

but I'd prefer to support Gingrich or even Santorum -- or possibly some white knight coming out of a brokered convention. :D

I have no desire to make things easy for the incumbent. And nominating Romney will make it easier for the incumbent.

so you think someone being picked 60-90 days before the election after dragging out the R slugfest will hurt obama more than help? I don't like romney either, but it seems like getting a candidate sooner rather than later would be best

Your right--I am and have been a big supporter of Newt Gingrich--but I can see the writing on the wall--with Gingrich and Santorum. There is no possible way that either one of them can win the nomination--even if the other dropped out of the race.

Even if this went all the way to the convention Romney would have more delegates--and there's no way the GOP is going to turn this one on it's head--and select another. It certainly wouldn't be Gingrich or Santorum that they would pick anyway.

So I am going support Romney from here on out. I don't believe it's a good idea to keep tearing each other down---every candidate has their weakness--but I have to hope that Mitt Romney is the best one out of the bunch because of his business experience and him being an executive--(governor of MASS.)--and the other two are Washington D.C. insiders and legislators. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Right now, Rick Santorum is killing us-- with women-- with his too far right extreme views. He would never win their vote--insuring another 4 years of Barack Obama. His views are so extreme I wouldn't be surprised to lose the house. People vote from the top of the ballot all the way down.

In fact--MSNBC is already running a move.on org add called the GOP's WAR ON WOMEN--and Santorum's name along with Limbaugh are getting slaughtered in this ad. The sooner that Santorum and Gingrich are out of the race the better chance we have of regaining the Presidency and the Senate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfjAMRgpoug]GOP War On Women - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu

Just fucking great.

but I'd prefer to support Gingrich or even Santorum -- or possibly some white knight coming out of a brokered convention. :D

I have no desire to make things easy for the incumbent. And nominating Romney will make it easier for the incumbent.

so you think someone being picked 60-90 days before the election after dragging out the R slugfest will hurt obama more than help? I don't like romney either, but it seems like getting a candidate sooner rather than later would be best

Your right--I am and have been a big supporter of Newt Gingrich--but I can see the writing on the wall--with Gingrich and Santorum. There is no possible way that either one of them can win the nomination--even if the other dropped out of the race.

Even if this went all the way to the convention Romney would have more delegates--and there's no way the GOP is going to turn this one on it's head--and select another. It certainly wouldn't be Gingrich or Santorum that they would pick anyway.

So I am going support Romney from here on out. I don't believe it's a good idea to keep tearing each other down---every candidate has their weakness--but I have to hope that Mitt Romney is the best one out of the bunch because of his business experience and him being an executive--(governor of MASS.)--and the other two are Washington D.C. insiders and legislators. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Right now, Rick Santorum is killing us-- with women-- with his too far right extreme views. He would never win their vote--insuring another 4 years of Barack Obama. His views are so extreme I wouldn't be surprised to lose the house. People vote from the top of the ballot all the way down.

In fact--MSNBC is already running a move.on org add called the GOP's WAR ON WOMEN--and Santorum's name along with Limbaugh are getting slaughtered in this ad. The sooner that Santorum and Gingrich are out of the race the better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfjAMRgpoug]GOP War On Women - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah ... that gift from God thing from Santorum .... *shudder* ......

That's going to be on practically endless loop if he gets the nomination.

In fact--MSNBC is already running a move.on org add called the GOP's WAR ON WOMEN--and Santorum's name along with Limbaugh are getting slaughtered in this ad. The sooner that Santorum and Gingrich are out of the race the better.

I have watched hundred's of youtube video's of Rick Santorum making these wild comments--and I can tell you right now--Obama won't need any campaign money to run against a Santorum nominee--he's already got his television advertisements.

Like this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-6Ww6vAJqs]Tool time: Santorum, contraception 'license' to do bad things in bed? - YouTube[/ame]

GOP War On Women - YouTube

I have watched hundred's of youtube video's of Rick Santorum making these wild comments--and I can tell you right now--Obama won't need any campaign money to run against a Santorum nominee--he's already got his television advertisements.

Like this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-6Ww6vAJqs]Tool time: Santorum, contraception 'license' to do bad things in bed? - YouTube[/ame]

I was just watching Greta Van Sustren--who's co-anchor over the last several weeks has been Rick Santorum---:badgrin:

Tonight she had Donald Trump on the phone & was asking if Santorum could defeat Barack Obama. I have never heard Trump raise his voice like that--he stated--"Are you joking?" This guy has no business experience--he has been a legislator all of his life--and finally he said WOMEN WOULDN'T VOTE for Santorum--he would get slaughtered by Barack Obama. Greta looked kind of stunned that Donald Trump went off like that--but he did.

The point is the longer Santorum and Gingrich are in this race--the less time we have to organize--fill the base---and less time to expose Barack Obama and his failed polices---and the more time they have to make outrageous statements that could really hurt the entire GOP. Like I said before people vote from the top of the ticket down.

Last edited:
How do you feel about your candidate of choice staying in the race even though the odds of catching romney and getting the needed delegates is very remote? I am a diehard RP fan, but I know at this point it is just not going to happen. Gingrinch is in the same boat.

Santorum fans may feel differently as its still at least mathematically possible for him to catch romney, but very small chance in reality.

Knowing that the longer it drags out, the more it benefits Obama, particularly if it goes the brokered convention route, would you feel betrayed by your candidate if he dropped or would you rather see the Romney vs Obama showdown begin?

Just fucking great.

I think ALMOST anyone the GOP picks out of the convention is superior to President Obama.

But, I think Romney is weak enough to blow it for the GOP if they "choose" him.

As a rule, sure. Getting a head start would be useful. But a head start for the guy who is more likely to lose anyway is not such a great advantage.

Forum List

Back