To supporters of ginrich, paul, and santorum..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by blu, Mar 16, 2012.

1. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    How do you feel about your candidate of choice staying in the race even though the odds of catching romney and getting the needed delegates is very remote? I am a diehard RP fan, but I know at this point it is just not going to happen. Gingrinch is in the same boat.

Santorum fans may feel differently as its still at least mathematically possible for him to catch romney, but very small chance in reality.

Knowing that the longer it drags out, the more it benefits Obama, particularly if it goes the brokered convention route, would you feel betrayed by your candidate if he dropped or would you rather see the Romney vs Obama showdown begin?

2. Missourian

Missourian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,124
    IMO, the best thing that could happen is we start fresh at the convention.

I don't care who stays in, but I want them all out in Tampa.

We need to be looking for someone who appeals to the entire party.

A real small government conservative who is going to institute policies that expand the economy while reducing the size and scope of government. A candidate that is going to honor our foreign commitments without nation building. And a candidate that isn't afraid to defend traditional values.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  3. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,020
    I don't see any reason for Ron Paul to drop out, so I'm perfectly content that he's staying in.

4. Valox

Valox Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I never expected Paul to win, not running in a party that has been hijacked by RINOs, neocons, and big government social conservatives. I think the longer Paul stays the course, gets his message out, and ruffles feathers, the better.

I could care less about dragging this out and helping Obama as I don't see much of a difference between Obama and Romney and will most likely be supporting Gary Johnson.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    Romney is the heir apparent.

I know. The Obama-LMSM keep telling me so.

How do I feel about the other guys staying in the race?

Just fucking great.

Oh; I'll support Romney if I have to.

but I'd prefer to support Gingrich or even Santorum -- or possibly some white knight coming out of a brokered convention. :D

I have no desire to make things easy for the incumbent. And nominating Romney will make it easier for the incumbent.

6. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

Not going to happen. Not in time to have that candidate ready at the convention.

No such thing as a fresh start either. Gingrich has already said he doesn't think that either Romney or Santorum can win against Obama, so he's staying in this for his own glory, not to help keep numbers from Romney so that Santorum has a better chance.

If he thinks that the nomination going to the third face finisher after a "fresh start" at the convention is even possible, much less a good thing, then he's every bit as crazy as I've ever called him in my most hyperbolic moment.

And he will bring about the creation of a whole lot more Democrats than exist right now.

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,443
    Same here

8. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    you realize no one like this exists right? and if he did that he/she would not appearl to the majority of the party. You are actually pretty close to describing ron paul and look how he is treated.

9. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    so you think someone being picked 60-90 days before the election after dragging out the R slugfest will hurt obama more than help? I don't like romney either, but it seems like getting a candidate sooner rather than later would be best

10. snakedoc

snakedoc BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The Romney vs Obama showdown has begun something people seem to have forgotten is the 2008 Obama Hillary race went on until June I believe and that did not hurt Obama I think far to much is being made out of this who stays in the race stuff.