To supporters of ginrich, paul, and santorum..

blu

Sep 21, 2009
How do you feel about your candidate of choice staying in the race even though the odds of catching romney and getting the needed delegates is very remote? I am a diehard RP fan, but I know at this point it is just not going to happen. Gingrinch is in the same boat.

Santorum fans may feel differently as its still at least mathematically possible for him to catch romney, but very small chance in reality.

Knowing that the longer it drags out, the more it benefits Obama, particularly if it goes the brokered convention route, would you feel betrayed by your candidate if he dropped or would you rather see the Romney vs Obama showdown begin?

How do you feel about your candidate of choice staying in the race even though the odds of catching romney and getting the needed delegates is very remote? I am a diehard RP fan, but I know at this point it is just not going to happen. Gingrinch is in the same boat.

Santorum fans may feel differently as its still at least mathematically possible for him to catch romney, but very small chance in reality.

Knowing that the longer it drags out, the more it benefits Obama, particularly if it goes the brokered convention route, would you feel betrayed by your candidate if he dropped or would you rather see the Romney vs Obama showdown begin?

IMO, the best thing that could happen is we start fresh at the convention.

I don't care who stays in, but I want them all out in Tampa.

We need to be looking for someone who appeals to the entire party.

A real small government conservative who is going to institute policies that expand the economy while reducing the size and scope of government. A candidate that is going to honor our foreign commitments without nation building. And a candidate that isn't afraid to defend traditional values.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason for Ron Paul to drop out, so I'm perfectly content that he's staying in.

I never expected Paul to win, not running in a party that has been hijacked by RINOs, neocons, and big government social conservatives. I think the longer Paul stays the course, gets his message out, and ruffles feathers, the better.

I could care less about dragging this out and helping Obama as I don't see much of a difference between Obama and Romney and will most likely be supporting Gary Johnson.

Romney is the heir apparent.

I know. The Obama-LMSM keep telling me so.

How do I feel about the other guys staying in the race?

Just fucking great.

Oh; I'll support Romney if I have to.

but I'd prefer to support Gingrich or even Santorum -- or possibly some white knight coming out of a brokered convention. :D

I have no desire to make things easy for the incumbent. And nominating Romney will make it easier for the incumbent.

I real small government conservative who is going to institute policies that expand the economy while reducing the size and scope of government. A candidate that is going to honor our foreign commitments without nation building. And a candidate that isn't afraid to defend traditional values.

Not going to happen. Not in time to have that candidate ready at the convention.

No such thing as a fresh start either. Gingrich has already said he doesn't think that either Romney or Santorum can win against Obama, so he's staying in this for his own glory, not to help keep numbers from Romney so that Santorum has a better chance.

If he thinks that the nomination going to the third face finisher after a "fresh start" at the convention is even possible, much less a good thing, then he's every bit as crazy as I've ever called him in my most hyperbolic moment.

And he will bring about the creation of a whole lot more Democrats than exist right now.

I never expected Paul to win, not running in a party that has been hijacked by RINOs, neocons, and big government social conservatives. I think the longer Paul stays the course, gets his message out, and ruffles feathers, the better.

I could care less about dragging this out and helping Obama as I don't see much of a difference between Obama and Romney and will most likely be supporting Gary Johnson.

Same here

A real small government conservative who is going to institute policies that expand the economy while reducing the size and scope of government. A candidate that is going to honor our foreign commitments without nation building. And a candidate that isn't afraid to defend traditional values

you realize no one like this exists right? and if he did that he/she would not appearl to the majority of the party. You are actually pretty close to describing ron paul and look how he is treated.

Romney is the heir apparent.

I know. The Obama-LMSM keep telling me so.

How do I feel about the other guys staying in the race?

Just fucking great.

Oh; I'll support Romney if I have to.

but I'd prefer to support Gingrich or even Santorum -- or possibly some white knight coming out of a brokered convention. :D

I have no desire to make things easy for the incumbent. And nominating Romney will make it easier for the incumbent.

so you think someone being picked 60-90 days before the election after dragging out the R slugfest will hurt obama more than help? I don't like romney either, but it seems like getting a candidate sooner rather than later would be best

The Romney vs Obama showdown has begun something people seem to have forgotten is the 2008 Obama Hillary race went on until June I believe and that did not hurt Obama I think far to much is being made out of this who stays in the race stuff.

I won't be supporting johnson, but almost feel the same with obama vs romney

A real small government conservative who is going to institute policies that expand the economy while reducing the size and scope of government. A candidate that is going to honor our foreign commitments without nation building. And a candidate that isn't afraid to defend traditional values.
...and alienates the Independents. No Independents, no Presidency.

The Romney vs Obama showdown has begun something people seem to have forgotten is the 2008 Obama Hillary race went on until June I believe and that did not hurt Obama I think far to much is being made out of this who stays in the race stuff.

The difference being that Obama and Hillary were competitive because both were considered strong candidates going into the Fall, whereas this Republican race is competitive because all of the candidates are considered weak.

As well as I can understand it, they're not interested in the "independents".

Santorum, for instance, seems not to care how many fiscal conservative women he offends. He seems to believe that he can pick up enough religious Democrats to make up for the rest of us.

I think.

Seriously ... I'm not sure what a lot of people in the GOP are thinking. I mean that literally. Not in an exasperated "what ARE they thinking" way? Just that I simply don't know. They say Santorum or Gingrich has a better chance than Romney. I can't be sure they're wrong. But I do not understand the reasoning.

Not going to happen. Not in time to have that candidate ready at the convention.

No such thing as a fresh start either. Gingrich has already said he doesn't think that either Romney or Santorum can win against Obama, so he's staying in this for his own glory, not to help keep numbers from Romney so that Santorum has a better chance.

If he thinks that the nomination going to the third face finisher after a "fresh start" at the convention is even possible, much less a good thing, then he's every bit as crazy as I've ever called him in my most hyperbolic moment.

And he will bring about the creation of a whole lot more Democrats than exist right now.

you realize no one like this exists right? and if he did that he/she would not appearl to the majority of the party. You are actually pretty close to describing ron paul and look how he is treated.

Gingrich is right:

Romney is a waffling panderer with no core convictions. I saw this movie in 2004...a flip flopping multi-millionaire vs. a weak president with low approval numbers at the tail end of a recession. If you missed it, it didn't work out well for the flip flopper.

Santorum is ALL core conviction. He doesn't know when to downplpay those convictions. He believes his only route to the nomination is thru social conservative (which is probably true) but doesn't understand how to pivot away from that front and talk about the economy and smaller government.

Gingrich is eclipsed by a insurmountable mountain of baggage.

Ron Paul can't get traction...I do agree with a lot of what he says, but Iran cannot be allowed to become a nuclear power, Israel can't be left high and dry, we cannot just pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, and IMO legalizing drugs is a bad idea.

Those are the candidates.

None of them IMO can win the general election.

Obama was a nobody...and he won a general election.

There are 340 million Americans...140 million of them self identify as conservative.

Surely there is someone out there that we can all enthusiastic support.

Gingrich is right:

Romney is a waffling panderer with no core convictions. I saw this movie in 2004...a flip flopping multi-millionaire vs. a weak president with low approval numbers at the tail end of a recession. If you missed it, it didn't work out well for the flip flopper.

Santorum is ALL core conviction. He doesn't know when to downplpay those convictions. He believes his only route to the nomination is thru social conservative (which is probably true) but doesn't understand how to pivot away from that front and talk about the economy and smaller government.

Gingrich is eclipsed by a insurmountable mountain of baggage.

Ron Paul can't get traction...I do agree with a lot of what he says, but Iran cannot be allowed to become a nuclear power, Israel can't be left high and dry, we cannot just pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq, and IMO legalizing drugs is a bad idea.

Those are the candidates.

None of them IMO can win the general election.

Obama was a nobody...and he won a general election.

There are 340 million Americans...140 million of them self identify as conservative.

Surely there is someone out there that we can all enthusiastic support.

There are too many reasons that people self identify as conservative. Vastly different groups of people fall under that label.

How does that alienate Independents?

Independents want smaller government.

Independents want economic growth.

Independents want to honor our overseas commitments without nation building.

And Independents want a president that embodies traditional values.

How does that alienate Independents?

Independents want smaller government.

Independents want economic growth.

Independents want to honor our overseas commitments without nation building.

And Independents want a president that embodies traditional values.

Many conservatives claim to want smaller government but then they start making intrusive laws when given the opportunity.

Traditional values? A lot of people who cherish traditional values in their own lives prefer a live and let live attitude for those who are not like them.

This is one place that a candidate such as Santorum sends independents scurrying away.

I resemble that. I live in Massachusetts. He was a so so governor. He will be a worse President. Amyone but Romney.

I resemble that. I live in Massachusetts. He was a so so governor. He will be a worse President. Amyone but Romney.

So you prefer the corruption as its currently fleecing the empty treasury.

I understand the sentiment but Obama really?

Forum List

Back