To share or not to share... that is the forward question

Status
Not open for further replies.
She asked about posting it on the board, which was what I was referring to.

Are you guys really bored right now?

In fairness, it reads as though one cannot forward PMs to others. If that's an error, you caused it.

Which is why i am asking for ADMIN clarification

Just in case you missed it before.

When contacting the administrator or a specific moderator please make use of our Private Message system or email us. Do not post a topic in a forum regarding your situation.

Gunny said you could forward them but you couldn't post them on the board. As far as I know, that rule hasn't been changed.

Which defeats the whole purpose of the PM's being private. Instead of talking about it on open forum, mabelle can forward her PM's to everyone.

If you find out anyone does such a thing, don't send them a PM ever again. People are free to be assholes and the admin isn't your mommy...

Gunny said you could forward them but you couldn't post them on the board. As far as I know, that rule hasn't been changed.

Which defeats the whole purpose of the PM's being private. Instead of talking about it on open forum, mabelle can forward her PM's to everyone.

So?

If you are so stupid as to think anything posted here is private, yada, yada, yada.

So?

If you are so stupid as to think anything posted here is private, yada, yada, yada.

That is why some IM, that way it is kept off the board.

If you find out anyone does such a thing, don't send them a PM ever again. People are free to be assholes and the admin isn't your mommy...

I totally cut off contact with that one.

:eek: Are you sure??? I always thought the admin was my own personal babysitter. :redface:

Can I post it here?

From her OP.... Does that answer your question?

So no you cannot SHARE a PM on the open board. Do you have anymore questions?

yeah... we all got that part luissa.. it was answered well before you jumped in. You can only post the first req comment... then you went on to say you cannot share PM's.

So.....i am still waiting for an admin to answer the question..... as per your suggestion. :tongue:

tumblr_lkue90sy9t1qeuaj8o1_500.gif

So?

That is why some IM, that way it is kept off the board.

I have a couple of friends here that I use email with. We don't trust the "privacy" of the PM system.

I totally cut off contact with that one.

This is why I don't PM much. I keep contact with members to a minimum, too much stuff has gone down over the years, I like to keep my distance. I have contact with two posters outside of this place, and both barely post here anymore.

:eek: Are you sure??? I always thought the admin was my own personal babysitter. :redface:

Meister is my babysitter. I will actually be occupying his front lawn in the near future.

Meister is my babysitter. I will actually be occupying his front lawn in the near future.

Sweet! Can we have a water balloon fight?

You can post rep comments only.

You can not post PM exchanges which ensue in response to reps.

You can FORWARD a PM to admin or a friend...

Simple. We have been here a few times already...

Do you mean forward, share or post Valerie? We don't want Syrenn to start another thread.

:lol: I will try to simplify...

Forwarding is private sharing and can be done without issue.

Posting of PMs is prohibited; ONLY rep comments can be posted.

Do you mean forward, share or post Valerie? We don't want Syrenn to start another thread.

And the way around the prohibition of posting PM's is to forward them to all your friends and then make vague comments about the content on threads.

It's a nasty business.

Bottom line. Don't post anything in a PM that you don't expect to have discussed on open forum.

Last edited:

Thanks for clearing it up for me.
But if one posts on the board isn't that sharing a PM with the board? These questions are just too tough for me.

And the way around the prohibition of posting PM's is to forward them to all your friends and then make vague comments about the content on threads.

It's a nasty business.

tissue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back