To share or not to share... that is the forward question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean forward, share or post Valerie? We don't want Syrenn to start another thread.

:lol: I will try to simplify...

Forwarding is private sharing and can be done without issue.

Posting of PMs is prohibited; ONLY rep comments can be posted.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.
But if one posts on the board isn't that sharing a PM with the board? These questions are just too tough for me.

Apparently you can't come out and quote a PM in total on the open forum but you can make vague allusions to the content and trash the hell out of someone.

Do you mean forward, share or post Valerie? We don't want Syrenn to start another thread.

And the way around the prohibition of posting PM's is to forward them to all your friends and then make vague comments about the content on threads.

It's a nasty business.

Some people are nasty people, but what are you gonna do?

Report abuse PRIVATELY and move on to real topics, is my suggestion...

BTW - I do not speak for admin so I hope they forgive me if I am out of line... :lol:

But if one posts on the board isn't that sharing a PM with the board? These questions are just too tough for me.

Apparently you can't come out and quote a PM in total on the open forum but you can make vague allusions to the content and trash the hell out of someone.

i think most people are happy to trash others right here in public.

i know i am :thup:

And the way around the prohibition of posting PM's is to forward them to all your friends and then make vague comments about the content on threads.

It's a nasty business.

tissue?
I just forwarded your last PM to everyone at USMB.

It's a nasty business.

Some people are nasty people, but what are you gonna do?

Report abuse and move on to real topics, is my suggestion...

BTW - I do not speak for admin so I hope they forgive me if I am out of line... :lol:

Don't count on the staff to solve your problems. Best to ignore the problem person and make sure you don't open any of their PM's.

i think most people are happy to trash others right here in public.

i know i am :thup:

I like to do it in a passive aggressive way, so I can't get in trouble.

intense-albums-that-and-this-picture4362-cid-x-ma12-1333599921-aol.jpg

You have to understand Syrenn and a few others are so bored right now, they have decided to go after Maude. No clue why, but it is what it is.

No, i am not bored luissa. You made statements about the rules that are very confusing...

And why so annoyed and pissed off about it...it was after all YOUR suggestion to ask admin.

So i am asking.... the admin.

Can I post it here?

From her OP.... Does that answer your question?

So no you cannot SHARE a PM on the open board. Do you have anymore questions?

Can you forward someone's PM to anyone you like? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being supposedly "private". In that case, theoretically even though you can't talk about PM content in open forum, all the back scene folks getting PM forwarded know the inside story and can make references and spread rumors.

We have gone over this before with you many times..... the discussion also included what is posted on VM's

You have to understand Syrenn and a few others are so bored right now, they have decided to go after Maude. No clue why, but it is what it is.

No, i am not bored luissa. You made statements about the rules that are very confusing...

And why so annoyed and pissed off about it...it was after all YOUR suggestion to ask admin.

do you need written instructions to open a coke bottle?

jebus

How is it confusing? She asked if she could post it on the board, I told her she could not share it with the board.

Oh and by the way.
When contacting the administrator or a specific moderator please make use of our Private Message system or email us. Do not post a topic in a forum regarding your situation.

She asked about posting it on the board, which was what I was referring to.

Are you guys really bored right now?

In fairness, it reads as though one cannot forward PMs to others. If that's an error, you caused it.

She asked if she can post it here, on the board. I responded. We were not talking about forwarding PMs, we were not talking about editing PMs, we were not talking about the price of tea in china, we were talking about SHARING PMs on the open board.
The error is, some of you need to cure your boredom with something else.

forwarding is the same as sharing PM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back