To my fellow conservatives/libertarians/Tea party members here on U.S., happy Thanksgiving....

Didn't you hear she was getting a quarter mil per speech? Bill was, too. What is wrong that you can't leave the poor bitch alone?
Yes. They made themselves fabulously wealthy through politics.

They were elected to perform a public service and used their positions to make themselves rich.

This is morally superior to becoming wealthy through the private sector how, again?
No one said the Clinton's were morally superior except you. What I pointed out, which is fact, btw, is that Donald is giving his multi-billion dollar business to his kids to run. He knows exactly what he owns and how foreign agreements would impact each and every one of those businesses. The kids are actively involved in his team and Ivanka and Don Jr. have been in discussions with foreign heads of state already. This is not a "blind trust." Personally, I don't care and I don't want to hear about conflict of interest for four years, but it's going to happen unless Trump is successful in shutting down the free press.
We'll see.

I'm no fan of Trump, but Chelsea makes how much again for her "charity" work?
There you go with the BBBBUT CLINTON shit again. Can you refute ANYTHING I've just said about Trump's potential conflicts of interest?
To be fair, he has just chosen White House counsel, so he's got 7 weeks to straighten this out so folks aren't screaming about it his entire administration.

Perhaps you have missed those dozens and dozens of postings of mine when I have said I do not support Trump, I do not like Trump, and I see no need to defend Trump.

I was responding to YOUR statements about Hillary. It is your inability to apply even remotely similar standards to both candidates that is the issue here, not the fact that I operate according to principles instead of extreme partisanship.
No, Dogmaphobe, perhaps you missed all the posts where I explained I never supported Hillary and until The Donald came along, I would not have dreamed of voting for her. I am NOT a Democrat, damn it, and if you look back my posts in this thread, I am NOT defending Clinton. You continue to deflect from the real issue and turn this into the usual partisan bullshit thread.
The topic I raised was the conflicts of interest that will inevitably come from the Trump administration's handling of his business ventures unless he pulls a miracle out of his bag real quick. That is just a fact. That is the only point I was making.

To all of my fellow conservatives, libertarians and Tea Party members...and fellow Trump voters......may you all have a happy Thanksgiving...
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (without turkeys).
Please don't pollute it with your political nonsense.
I am a libertarian; an ethical one.
I believe in liberty for ALL that is practical.
There is no such thing as an ethical libertarian. By definition libertarians are amoral. I think Ayn Ran said it best: ..
amoral: unconcerned with the rightness or wrongness of something.
What don't you understand about "liberty for ALL" (that is practical)?
I do not espouse anarchism.
I vouch for an "ethical government" that supports the ideal "liberty for ALL", and by having a government, compromises have to be made that negate "egocentric & ethnocentric libertarianism".

There are various political philosophies about "libertarianism".
Thomas Paine represents an ethical view.
Let's test that theory then, ok? Do you believe it is moral and ethical to end a human life?
What "theory"?
Regarding your 2nd Q, the answer depends on the situational details; it's not a black/white issue.
There are times when it is moral & ethical to end a human life, as well as non-human life.
Ideally, i'd prefer to let life live.

Forum List

Back