To discover anti-gravity we should know how gravity works on us not on space or other planets

Doesn't matter where we launch from. In controlling those objects while they are in orbit, we don't have to account for centrifugal forces from the rotation of the Earth. Because those forces don't exist for those objects.
You obviously didn’t understand my post.

Mass and matter are inseparable qualities. The controlling agent here is the dark matter behind it.
Wrt gravity. Matter is the thing that distorts spacetime. Mass is a property of the thing. Like color or temperature, the mass is a measurement. It's not the thing itself. I was attempting to correct my previous comment that gravity is caused by mass. That was a fuzzy explanation.

Matter occupies space, mass does not.

I don't know what dark matter is. It's something different than the matter we can observe directly. Dark matter and energy are kind of like the "cosmological constant"- they are there to make the theory conform to the observed universe.

Absent dark matter/energy, the universe would behave in a certain way. Since it behaves in a different than expected way, something has to account for the difference, and we call it dark matter/energy. "Behavior" meaning the rate of expansion, which can't be accounted for by visible matter.

So we add the intangible and everything is fine again...:)

I've never really understood gravity.

To me, it seems if the planet is spinning, then we should be able to levitate or fly on our own.
How exactly, does the earth "pull" us in?
I would think it's more of the properties of SPACE pushing inwards on us.

But like I said, I never really understood it.

Oh shite... where shall i begin...

Gravity does not exist. It is a measure of mass and velocity.

Without movement, gravity does not exist. It is a measure of velocity and mass. The famous example of a rubber sheet with a bowling ball in the middle, and a marble spinning around it, only exists because of the background gravity of the earth.

In space, with zero gravity, the marble would not go towards the bowling ball unless the bowling ball is moving. Gravity is warpature of space and time. Without movement, there is no pulling effect.

But everything is moving, relative to the big bang. Jus sayin.

Forum List

Back