Tina Fey/Sarah Palin

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
I watching SNL right now and Tina Fey did an awesome job as Sarah Palin! It was hilarious but I am sure the right wingers will take offense to it.

I watching SNL right now and Tina Fey did an awesome job as Sarah Palin! It was hilarious but I am sure the right wingers will take offense to it.

It's not like they can call Tina Fey sexist though.

:rofl:

I do not watch SNL. Tell me? Have they done a skit on the Messiah yet?

I love the smell of desperation in the morning, you all REEK of it.

Just as you'd have taken offense if the same had been done about Obah ah ma uh.. no doubt.

Just as you'd have taken offense if the same had been done about Obah ah ma uh.. no doubt.
Actually I have seen a few funny spoofs of him and thought they were funny. And I love when they do Hilary who had been my first choice. I know when they are doing them on SNL that means something.
Just like how you feel the need to comment on everything I say!

I saw it on YouTube and thought it was very funny. Did she get the accent right? It sounded to my untrained ear that she wasn't speaking in the sort of California-ese we get from tv and film, but she definitely had some sort of accent. Never having been to Alaska (just a refuelling stop) I don't know. But heck she even looked like her.

That's Obama...

thing is, when they do things that are based in truth, they're funny... the hillary spoofs were hysterical... as were the ones where they were making fun of the press asking if Obama needed a pillow or something.

The take on Palin v Clinton was funny because it was true, albeit a bit exaggerated (though not by much)

I've never taken offense to a spoof of Obama.

If you don't have a sense of humor about the ridiculousness of this entire process you're missing the point.

mani, that video just never gets old....it's funny every time I watch it

"I can see Russia from my house" :lol:

I heard exerpts of it in the news.

"You can see Russia from my house" was well done.

I've never taken offense to a spoof of Obama.

If you don't have a sense of humor about the ridiculousness of this entire process you're missing the point.

mani, that video just never gets old....it's funny every time I watch it

"I can see Russia from my house" :lol:
I thnk when she says that line she sounds the most like her. The best is when she is cocking her gun.
And Sarah should see it as a compliment when they do her on SNL, it means she has arrived.

I saw a clip of it. Other than Fey looking like Palin, I surely didn't hear anything "funny." There hasn't been anything "funny" on SNL for twenty years.

I finally saw this whole skit.

It is hilarious.

The person playing Hillary, a Hillary who couldn't understand how on earth Palin was closer to power than she was, was absolutely brilliant.

It was so funny because I'm certain that it was so close to how Hill must feel seeing some woman like Palin on the ticket.

It is hilarious.

The person playing Hillary, a Hillary who couldn't understand how on earth Palin was closer to power than she was, was absolutely brilliant.

It was so funny because I'm certain that it was so close to how Hill must feel seeing some woman like Palin on the ticket.

That's Amy Poehler... she does an amazing Hillary. And yes, I think that Hillary must feel pretty much like that looking at this person on the ticket. It's pretty pathetic if you think about it.

It is hilarious.

Yes, it was pure genius!

The woman "playing Hillary" is Amy Poehler. She has been doing Hill for awhile now on SNL, and everytime she is spot on. She is also married to Will Arnett, aka GOB from the late,great show Arrested Development......(RIP)

Lorne Michaels said he wants Tina Fey to continue playing Palin in their political skits, but because of her show "30 Rock" it may be hard to do every week. He said he had a few other ladies in mind to play Palin, but NOBODY could top Tina's take on it IMHO.

That's Amy Poehler... she does an amazing Hillary. And yes, I think that Hillary must feel pretty much like that looking at this person on the ticket. It's pretty pathetic if you think about it.

I try not to think about how pathetic our political process has become, to be honest, Jill.

When I think about it too much, I find myself thinking that an openly honest oligarchy may not be really such a bad idea, after all.

Kudos to your gal Hill for standing up for the party, BTW.

My estimate of her as a patriotic American has risen enormously in the last couple months.

Given the way she's handled what must be an enormously frustrating turn of events, given how she has continued to support Obama, I must say I am extrmely impressed and hope she will run for POTUS in 2016, assuming O makes it through two terms.

She is clearly a brilliant woman who might have made an excellent POTUS, but given the baggage she had, she'd have gotten creamed in the general election this time around.

Obama is a pig in a poke, and many of us know it, but it's that unknown qaulity which made him, rather than Hill, the person to run this time around.

He's obviously no slouch either.

I try not to think about how pathetic our political process has become, to be honest, Jill.

When I think about it too much, I find myself thinking that an openly honest oligarchy may not be really such a bad idea, after all.

Kudos to your gal Hill for standing up for the party, BTW.

My estimate of her as a patriotic American has risen enormously in the last couple months.

Given the way she's handled what must be an enormously frustrating turn of events, given how she has continued to support Obama, I must say I am extrmely impressed and hope she will run for POTUS in 2016, assuming O makes it through two terms.

She is clearly a brilliant woman who might have made an excellent POTUS, but given the baggage she had, she'd have gotten creamed in the general election this time around.

Obama is a pig in a poke, and many of us know it, but it's that unknown qaulity which made him, rather than Hill, the person to run this time around.

He's obviously no slouch either.

No. Obama's no slouch. But I think Hillary should have been president, with him as VP and then in 8 years, he should have grabbed the presidency. I think, basically, the right said all they could say about Hillary and I think she'd have won. But that's pure surmise and we'll never know if she'd have beaten McCain (whom I suspect would have chosen Romney or Lieberman if Hillary was the nominee instead of this crackpot who he did pick).

What is interesting to me is that even though I think he sold out his ideals for the presidency, I would never have expected McCain to do something as potentially damaging to this country as sarah barracuda. My estimation of his patriotism went down about 1,000% when he picked her.

The fact that we're even discussing this, while the right rings around mccain and palin is the reason we aren't kicking their butts... democrats have never learned the concept that you don't dis your own....

We should do what they do and not ask questions or think about these things.

I saw a clip of it. Other than Fey looking like Palin, I surely didn't hear anything "funny." There hasn't been anything "funny" on SNL for twenty years.
I thought it was pretty hilarious and I bet you Palin did too. You guys need to get a sense of humor.

Forum List

Back