Timeline: How the migrant boat tragedy unfolded off Greece

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
16 Jun 2023
Greek authorities have been accused of failing to rescue hundreds of refugees and migrants onboard a vessel that sunk near the coastal town of Pylos, causing one of the biggest tragedies in the Mediterranean Sea.

Reports suggest as many as 750 people were packed onto the fishing boat that capsized early on Wednesday in deep waters about 80km (50 miles) off the southern Peloponnese peninsula.

At least 78 bodies have been recovered and 104 people rescued. Hundreds are still missing.

The Greek coastguard was alerted to the presence of the vessel about 10am (08:00 GMT) on Tuesday. It capsized later that evening.
Exactly what happened in the intervening hours remains unclear.

I'm hoping the pod of orcas off Spain is vacationing

dfgbb.jpg

Not saving human lives is pure evil. I bet many of the victims were the most vulnerable too. I get that they want to deter them from coming but you save them and then deport if you wish. Do Greeks not believe in God or humanity?

Not so stupid those Greecy people . Like turning a blind eye to a charging elephant .

Not saving human lives is pure evil. I bet many of the victims were the most vulnerable too. I get that they want to deter them from coming but you save them and then deport if you wish. Do Greeks not believe in God or humanity?
500 dead Africans on their way to western Europe is incredibly happy news

I'd be inclined to throw em cinder blocKS

Forum List

Back