Time to crack down on them rich people

Everyone bashes the rich but they are the ones who are providing us with the jobs. Even the die hard Liberal business owners ( steve wynn) says that Obama has been the worst president for business owners.

been listening to the business owners whine and cry over everything from taxes to regulation as a reason they are struggling. "We can't predict the future so we aren't doing anything but getting richer by squeezing everyone else." :(

I wonder if the poor had access to media if they would sound like business owners?

I wonder if the poor had access to media if they would sound like business owners?

perhaps they would argue for trickle up economics: we give them tax cuts and they invent new products and create new jobs to make the economy grow!!

Whoops, they don't pay taxes do they, and they certainly don't invent anything!

perhaps they would argue for trickle up economics: we give them tax cuts and they invent new products and create new jobs to make the economy grow!!

Can you point to the new products and new jobs created by ten years of Bush/Obama tax cuts?

Guess what pal? They kept the money

Are you surprised?

Can you point to the new products and new jobs created by ten years of Bush/Obama tax cuts?

Are you surprised?

Yeah, the only good money is money that's been taxed and spent by government.
Imagine the paradise if the tax rate was 100%.
We'd have full employment!
Look at all the great products that came out of the Soviet Union.
What about all the great medical discoveries that come out of Cuba?
Darn those people saving and investing their own money!
If they aren't going to be dependent on government handouts in their old age, what good are they?:lol:

Are you surprised?

?? have full employment!
about all the great medical discoveries that come out of Cuba?
If they aren't going to be dependent on government handouts in their old age, what good are they?:lol:

You want to know how we paid for the Bush tax cuts?

Whispers <we borrowed it>

The greater the trade deficit, the greater the capital account surplus, meaning a greater number of investments from abroad.

not really true. There is huge and legitimate concern about our trade deficit because it is caused by:

1) expensive union made American junk that the world won't buy

2) a budget deficit due to a) a failing economy's inability to produce tax revenue thus creating budget deficits, and b) irresponsible liberals who borrow when the can't tax thus adding to the deficit.

Are you surprised?

?? have full employment!
about all the great medical discoveries that come out of Cuba?

That's awful.
I guess we should have cut spending back then.
We didn't?
Then I guess we'd better cut it now.

J: Bush's 2003 supply side tax cuts produced biggest revenue gains for government in American History. When Charlie Gibson ask BO why he wanted to raise the Cap. gains tax when it always resulted in less revenue, BO said it had to with appearance, not revenue. A liberal lacks the intelligence to think clearly.
Stephen Moore: "from 2004 to 2007 federal tax cuts revenue increased by an enormous 785 billion., the largest increase in American History

individual and corporate tax were up 40% capital gains and dividend 71% in capital gains and 41% in dividends

NYTIMES: "An unexpectedly steep rise in tax revenues from corporations and the wealthy ids driving down the deficit this year"

" the latest IRS data through 2006 show a more than 120 billion increase in tax payments by the wealthy after the 2003 Bush tax cuts through 2006

Forbes: "The Macroeconomic Effects of Tax Changes: Estimates Based on a New Measure of Fiscal Shocks," co-authored with her husband, fellow University of California, Berkeley, economist David Romer.
In their article, they find that "tax increases are highly contractionary" and that tax cuts are highly expansionary. Otherwise-careful economists Greg Mankiw of Harvard and Lawrence Lindsey of the American Enterprise Institute have run with this result, as they should,

NYSUN: It came when Mr. Gibson questioned Senator Obama about the capital gains tax. Mr. Gibson quoted Mr. Obama as talking about raising the tax to 28% from 15%. "But actually, Bill Clinton, in 1997, signed legislation that dropped the capital gains tax to 20 percent," Mr. Gibson said. "And George Bush has taken it down to 15 percent. And in each instance, when the rate dropped, revenues from the tax increased; the government took in more money. And in the 1980s, when the tax was increased to 28 percent, the revenues went down. So why raise it at all, especially given the fact that 100 million people in this country own stock and would be affected?"

Why, Robert Bartley couldn't have put it better himself. Mr. Obama was totally flummoxed, betraying a fundamental lack of understanding of the Laffer Curve. The Democrat of Illinois spoke of the need to "finance health care for Americans who currently don't have it," and of the need to "invest in our infrastructure" and in "our schools."

Mr. Gibson, to his credit, wouldn't let the point go. "But history shows that when you drop the capital gains tax, the revenues go up," he replied to Mr. Obama. Mr. Obama replied by changing the subject, to "a housing crisis that this president has not been attentive to."

Mr. Gibson tried the same question, more or less, on Senator Clinton. She, at least, disavowed raising the capital gains rate above 20%, ruling out a return to the 28% rate contemplated by Mr. Obama. But when Mr. Gibson pressed her on why she would raise it at all, she went into lunk-headed, static analysis mode, displaying a lack of understanding as severe as that afflicting her rival. "You know, Charlie, I'm going to have to look and see what the revenue situation is," she said.

Dwyer,Washington Times: By 2003, Mr. Bush grasped this lesson. In that year, he cut the dividend and capital gains rates to 15 percent each, and the economy responded. In two years, stocks rose 20 percent. In three years, $15 trillion of new wealth was created. The U.S. economy added 8 million new jobs from mid-2003 to early 2007, and the median household increased its wealth by $20,000 in real terms.

But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts. From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history. According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years

http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~cromer/draft1108.pdf

Or the National bureau of Economic Research? They non-partisan enough?

http://www.nber.org/digest/mar08/w13264.html

[irony]

Yaaaa yaaaaa yaaaaaaa - they pay nearly all the taxes, but so what? Just because they go to school longer, work harder, and are smarter, who says they should have more money than the average joe? And what do they ever do for us regular folks - besides give us jobs, provide capital for our society, and support our charities? The government should GET some of their money, and give it to us. Why? Well, because we exist. Here's the way I look at it - if you force a bank to hand over their money, it's robbery. But if the GOVERNMENT does it, it's perfectly OK, because then it's LEGAL. Funny, lots of things are like that - Madoff is going to jail for a zillion years because of running a ponzi scheme, but the government has been running a vastly bigger one for decades - social security - and just like Madoff's scheme, the last ones to put anything in are the ones to get ripped off. Isn't it amazing how all kinds of monstrous shit becomes "OK" when the government does it? It's a friggin miracle! :lol: So let's help ourselves to some of that LEGALLY gotten money from rich folks. Hell, it's like manna from heaven!! :lmao:

[/irony]

Look man, people..... GOOD people have died for this Country! Right now this Country is in a horrible state finacially. Right now this country needs heros. And those heros are going to have to sacrifice. Thats what a family and even a Country do to survive. And those heros are going to be the wealthy of this Nation. If they dont sacrifice and if we dont get our spending under control this Nation is dead. Just like the good men and women that fought and died for this Country. So I dont want to hear people bitching about paying more taxes. They arent giving up their lives. And it might take 10 years of a higher tax rate and deep budget cuts, but it MUST be done. Generally Im a conservative but the way Boehner and the Whip are acting Ill be voting Democrat next time around. The GOP are making fools of themselves right now and it disgusts me.

[irony]

Yaaaa yaaaaa yaaaaaaa - they pay nearly all the taxes, but so what? Just because they go to school longer, work harder, and are smarter, who says they should have more money than the average joe? And what do they ever do for us regular folks - besides give us jobs, provide capital for our society, and support our charities? The government should GET some of their money, and give it to us. Why? Well, because we exist. Here's the way I look at it - if you force a bank to hand over their money, it's robbery. But if the GOVERNMENT does it, it's perfectly OK, because then it's LEGAL. Funny, lots of things are like that - Madoff is going to jail for a zillion years because of running a ponzi scheme, but the government has been running a vastly bigger one for decades - social security - and just like Madoff's scheme, the last ones to put anything in are the ones to get ripped off. Isn't it amazing how all kinds of monstrous shit becomes "OK" when the government does it? It's a friggin miracle! :lol: So let's help ourselves to some of that LEGALLY gotten money from rich folks. Hell, it's like manna from heaven!! :lmao:

[/irony]

Look man, people..... GOOD people have died for this Country! Right now this Country is in a horrible state finacially. Right now this country needs heros. And those heros are going to have to sacrifice. Thats what a family and even a Country do to survive. And those heros are going to be the wealthy of this Nation. If they dont sacrifice and if we dont get our spending under control this Nation is dead. Just like the good men and women that fought and died for this Country. So I dont want to hear people bitching about paying more taxes. They arent giving up their lives. And it might take 10 years of a higher tax rate and deep budget cuts, but it MUST be done. Generally Im a conservative but the way Boehner and the Whip are acting Ill be voting Democrat next time around. The GOP are making fools of themselves right now and it disgusts me.

Let's try 10 years of deep budget cuts first, then maybe we'll think about raising taxes. Maybe.

The GOP are making fools of themselves right now and it disgusts me.

actually the GOP would happily accept any fiscal proposal from the Democrats that seemed remotely mature!

Dont forget despite $14 trillion debt, BO wanted a clean ceiling increase, his budget was defeated 97-0, and he had 2 communist parents. He doesn't really belong in America. It figures that he would be the one to provoke such a crisis

Last edited:
[- if you force a bank to hand over their money, it's robbery. But if the GOVERNMENT does it, it's perfectly OK, because then it's LEGAL.

yes the liberal has perverted democracy which was never ever intended as a way for the majority to steal from the minority

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

actually the GOP would happily except any fiscal proposal from the Democrats that seemed remotely mature!

Dont forget despite $14 trillion debt, BO wanted a clean ceiling increase, his budget was defeated 97-0, and he had 2 communist parents. He doesn't really belong in America. It figures that he would be the one to provoke such a crisis

*face palm* Ohhh man, you have GOT to be kidding me. Do you wander around the Conspiracy area of the forum looking for this crap? Look I voted AND campaigned for GW Bush HAAARD. But the current state of this Nation sucks and the wealthy are going to have to pay up. And dont try and get political with me with this Faux News BS about this
"GOP would happily except any fiscal proposal from the Democrats that seemed remotely mature" crap. It sounds like youve been listening to that ass-clown salesman Hannity. :eusa_hand:

I live in the world of being an Independant. And if there is one thing I hate.... its BS and propaganda.

[- if you force a bank to hand over their money, it's robbery. But if the GOVERNMENT does it, it's perfectly OK, because then it's LEGAL.

yes the liberal has perverted democracy which was never ever intended as a way for the majority to steal from the minority

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

The wealthy have been enjoying the lowest taxes for them in decades. Its time to sacrifice and shut up. Their Country needs them and all they can do is act like a bunch of children and bitch. Im almost for kicking their ass out along with the Illegals and their Anchor Babies.

actually the GOP would happily except any fiscal proposal from the Democrats that seemed remotely mature!

*face palm* Ohhh man, you have GOT to be kidding me. Do you wander around the Conspiracy area of the forum looking for this crap? Look I voted AND campaigned for GW Bush HAAARD. But the current state of this Nation sucks and the wealthy are going to have to pay up. And dont try and get political with me with this Faux News BS about this
"GOP would happily except any fiscal proposal from the Democrats that seemed remotely mature" crap. It sounds like youve been listening to that ass-clown salesman Hannity. :eusa_hand:

I live in the world of being an Independant. And if there is one thing I hate.... its BS and propaganda.

dear, cut cap and balance is very very reasonable!! Notice you have no proposal from the Democrats to present. THey want tax spend and borrow forever!!! I hate to break it t you.

-- Benjamin Franklin

The wealthy have been enjoying the lowest taxes for them in decades. Its time to sacrifice and shut up. Their Country needs them .

I agree it needs them to rescue the economy from liberalism with private development. Steal their money at the point of a liberal gun they cant do that. Here's an example that sometimes a liberal can follow. Tax venture capital and there are fewer ventures like Google and Intel

Also, BUsh's 2003 supply side tax cuts produced biggest revenue gains in history

top 1% pay 38% of all federal taxes, more than any other country!!

[irony]

[/irony]

Let's try 10 years of deep budget cuts first, then maybe we'll think about raising taxes. Maybe.

How about we return to 2000 tax rates and cut spending until we have paid off our debt. Then we can cut taxes

How about we return to 2000 tax rates and cut spending until we have paid off our debt. Then we can cut taxes

yes, or we could simply cap spending until inflation, economic growth, population growth, and end to wars eliminated debt and deficit. We'd have to squeek by on $4 trillion a year. It would be slow and painful with boomers retiring but the whole world would know we were serious and on the right track once again. THen get rid of health care ACA and we'd boom again.

Last edited:

-- Benjamin Franklin

The wealthy have been enjoying the lowest taxes for them in decades. Its time to sacrifice and shut up. Their Country needs them .

I agree it needs them to rescue the economy from liberalism with private development. Steal their money at the point of a liberal gun they cant do that. Here's an example that sometimes a liberal can follow. Tax venture capital and there are fewer ventures like Google and Intel

Also, BUsh's 2003 supply side tax cuts produced biggest revenue gains in history

top 1% pay 38% of all federal taxes, more than any other country!!

Its called sacrifice. Get a set of rocks and man-up. This ride isnt for wimps. Every time you bitch about it, you spit in the face of every man and woman that died for their Country.

Forum List

Back