TIME Poll: Obama Leads Head-to-Head Matchups with Republican Rivals

Hitler as Man of the Year that year WAS a good call. Time's Person of the Year (or Man of the Year in those sexist days) is defined as the person who is most influential on the outcome of the year for good or ill. Hitler was not a good man, but can anyone honestly say he wasn't an important man? The year he won MotY from Time, he was right on the edge of starting the most terrible war in the history of the world. And you say that's not important? Please.

Obama's poll numbers in this poll represent an improvement for him; I seem to recall seeing some earlier polls in which he lost to Romney and had closer wins over the other candidates than this. My thinking is that he may have finally recovered from his mistake about the 2010 elections and moved to the left again, in his rhetoric anyway. He is starting to sound like a populist on the stump, and is being accused by the usual suspects of class warfare, and that's why his numbers have improved.

Hitler as Man of the Year that year WAS a good call. Time's Person of the Year (or Man of the Year in those sexist days) is defined as the person who is most influential on the outcome of the year for good or ill. Hitler was not a good man, but can anyone honestly say he wasn't an important man? The year he won MotY from Time, he was right on the edge of starting the most terrible war in the history of the world. And you say that's not important? Please.

Obama's poll numbers in this poll represent an improvement for him; I seem to recall seeing some earlier polls in which he lost to Romney and had closer wins over the other candidates than this. My thinking is that he may have finally recovered from his mistake about the 2010 elections and moved to the left again, in his rhetoric anyway. He is starting to sound like a populist on the stump, and is being accused by the usual suspects of class warfare, and that's why his numbers have improved.

lol, he's moved to the left again? Or you MEAN he's moved back to HIS normal RADICAL LEFT AGAIN..?

my gawd, that is the REASON the PEOPLE can't stand him. but you all go on cheering him on...better for the country come 2012..

It is always difficult to unseat a sitting President, even when the POTUS is as feckless, lazy, and stupid as Obama.

lol, he's moved to the left again? Or you MEAN he's moved back to HIS normal RADICAL LEFT AGAIN..?

my gawd, that is the REASON the PEOPLE can't stand him. but you all go on cheering him on...better for the country come 2012..

He's hardly radical, Stephanie, but yes, I mean that he's sounding a little more like he did in 2008.

Like a lot of Tea Party types, you grossly exaggerate your own numbers and how many people stand with you. Polls show that the Tea Party has no more than about 28% support among the people. Obama's left-leaning rhetoric may be why YOU can't stand him, but from the perspective of "the people" -- or anyway, most of the people -- it's his best feature. His slacking poll numbers have happened because, alas, that rhetoric has not been matched by actions.

Obama won in 2008 because he campaigned as a progressive.

His popularity has fallen because he has not GOVERNED as a progressive.

And that's the truth.

He's hardly radical, Stephanie, but yes, I mean that he's sounding a little more like he did in 2008.

Like a lot of Tea Party types, you grossly exaggerate your own numbers and how many people stand with you. Polls show that the Tea Party has no more than about 28% support among the people. Obama's left-leaning rhetoric may be why YOU can't stand him, but from the perspective of "the people" -- or anyway, most of the people -- it's his best feature. His slacking poll numbers have happened because, alas, that rhetoric has not been matched by actions.

And that's the truth.

You're so full of it.
The polls HAVE NOTHING to do with the Tea Party. the polls are showing THE AVERAGE American citizen can't STAND the Obama BECAUSE he has been GOVERNING as a thuggish dictator like PROGRESSIVE.

You're so full of it.
The polls HAVE NOTHING to do with the Tea Party. the polls are showing THE AVERAGE American citizen can't STAND the Obama BECAUSE he has been GOVERNING as a thuggish dictator like PROGRESSIVE.

THESE polls have nothing to do with the Tea Party, and they show that Obama's popularity is increasing, hardly that the average U.S. citizen can't stand him.

Here is a poll that DOES relate to the Tea Party, though, and that shows what I'm talking about:

Tea Party Sparks More Antipathy Than Passion

Among registered voters, the Tea Party is supported by 26% (combining the 15% who are strong supporters and the 11% who are somewhat supportive), while it is opposed (strongly or otherwise) by 31%.

You may think your movement represents "the people," but that is obviously an error on your part. It does not.

Obama's left-leaning rhetoric may be why YOU can't stand him, but from the perspective of "the people" -- or anyway, most of the people -- it's his best feature. His slacking poll numbers have happened because, alas, that rhetoric has not been matched by actions.

And that's the truth.

That's the truth as perceived by a far-left nutcase like you maybe...

Yeah for sure....just you all FORGET about all them polls showing the Obama's approvals down in the low 40,s...The people REALLY all just LOVE him and want him BACK as that wonderful LEADER of the FREE WORLD.

:lol::lol:

From the poll in the OP:

Q2. IN GENERAL, DO YOU APPROVE OR DISAPPROVE OF THE WAY PRESIDENT OBAMA IS HANDLING HIS JOB AS PRESIDENT?

10/9/11 – 10/10/11: 44% approve, 50% disapprove, 6% no answer/don’t know

Read more: Topline Results of Oct. 9-10, 2011, TIME Poll | Swampland | TIME.com

You're so full of it.

THESE polls have nothing to do with the Tea Party, and they show that Obama's popularity is increasing, hardly that the average U.S. citizen can't stand him.

Here is a poll that DOES relate to the Tea Party, though, and that shows what I'm talking about:

Among registered voters, the Tea Party is supported by 26% (combining the 15% who are strong supporters and the 11% who are somewhat supportive), while it is opposed (strongly or otherwise) by 31%.

You may think your movement represents "the people," but that is obviously an error on your part. It does not.

I don't have a MOVEMENT, that is YOUR GIG.
and you think posting polls on the Tea Party has anything to do with anything. then keep dreaming. The ONLY polls that MATTER is the ones where the AVERAGE AMERCIAN CITIZEN is saying, THEY DISAPPOVE of the Obama...and he managed to accomplish that in LESS THAN THREE YEARS.

And I seriously DOUBT the people are going to be FOOLED again by you PROGRSSIVES.

Obama is "winning" some polls and "losing" others because he is more or less statistically tied with the generic GOP candidate. His approval rating, while not meaningless, doesn't trump this number since some people who disapprove of him will vastly prefer him to a GOP candidate.

What really struck me was that Romney's numbers weren't as good as you would think. He had more supporters than Perry, but undecided voters liked Romney much less than Perry. This goes along with my pet theory that true Independents (as opposed to self-identified Independents who vote consistently for one party or the other) won't like Romney very much. He's fairly moderate, which people think Independents like, but really Independents don't care as much about the issues as partisans (what is a party, but a collection of positions on the issues?). Independents tend to care more about personal qualities, especially integrity. Even supporters of Romney acknowledge that integrity, empathy, and likability aren't his strong suits (although competence, another favorite of independents, is).

You're so full of it.

I don't have a MOVEMENT, that is YOUR GIG.
and you think posting polls on the Tea Party has anything to do with anything. then keep dreaming. The ONLY polls that MATTER is the ones where the AVERAGE AMERCIAN CITIZEN is saying, THEY DISAPPOVE of the Obama...and he managed to accomplish that in LESS THAN THREE YEARS.

And I seriously DOUBT the people are going to be FOOLED again by you PROGRSSIVES.

Interestingly, only 40% of those polled that claimed to be familiar with the Tea Party Movement thought it has a "negative impact," while 50% disapproved of the Obama Administration.

Q9. HAS THE THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT HAD A POSITIVE IMPACT ON AMERICAN POLITICS TODAY, A NEGATIVE IMPACT, OR HAS IT HAD LITTLE IMPACT?

BASE: FAMILIAR WITH TEA PARTY (669)

POSITIVE IMPACT 34%

NEGATIVE IMPACT 40%

LITTLE IMPACT 25%

NO ANSWER/DON’T KNOW 2%

Read more: Topline Results of Oct. 9-10, 2011, TIME Poll | Swampland | TIME.com

The ONLY polls that MATTER is the ones where the AVERAGE AMERCIAN CITIZEN is saying, THEY DISAPPOVE of the Obama...and he managed to accomplish that in LESS THAN THREE YEARS.

There's also the evident fact that they disapprove of the Republicans running against him more than they disapprove of him.

You're quite right that Obama turned high approval ratings into bad ones in less than three years. But you're dead wrong about how he did it. He did it by NOT being a progressive -- by breaking almost every campaign promise he made to his supporters.

If Obama had really been, as president, the left-wing icon that you seem to think he was, his approval ratings would be in the stratosphere now.

The ONLY polls that MATTER is the ones where the AVERAGE AMERCIAN CITIZEN is saying, THEY DISAPPOVE of the Obama...and he managed to accomplish that in LESS THAN THREE YEARS.

There's also the evident fact that they disapprove of the Republicans running against him more than they disapprove of him.

You're quite right that Obama turned high approval ratings into bad ones in less than three years. But you're dead wrong about how he did it. He did it by NOT being a progressive -- by breaking almost every campaign promise he made to his supporters.

If Obama had really been, as president, the left-wing icon that you seem to think he was, his approval ratings would be in the stratosphere now.

:eek:
I guess you all need a fantasy to hold onto. After all watching your demise coming has got to be pretty devastating.
:lol:

Forum List

Back