TIME Poll: Obama Leads Head-to-Head Matchups with Republican Rivals

If Obama had really been, as president, the left-wing icon that you seem to think he was, his approval ratings would be in the stratosphere now.

:eusa_eh:

Wrong.

In 2010, Conservatives Still Outnumber Moderates, Liberals

Conservatives have maintained their leading position among U.S. ideological groups in the first half of 2010. Gallup finds 42% of Americans describing themselves as either very conservative or conservative. This is up slightly from the 40% seen for all of 2009 and contrasts with the 20% calling themselves liberal or very liberal.

Only about 20% of Americans identify themselves as "left wing"

If Obama was a ONLY a left wing icon, his approval ratings would be LOWER than they are, NOT "in the stratosphere."

Obama leads Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who sits atop the GOP presidential field, 46% to 43% among likely voters. The President has opened a double-digit lead over Perry, 50% to 38%, highlighting concerns percolating through the GOP that the Texas governor would face a steep uphill climb should he capture the nomination. Obama also boasts a 49%-to-37% edge over businessman Herman Cain, whose strong Tea Party support has propelled him toward the top of Republican ranks in recent weeks.

Read more: TIME Poll: Obama Leads Matchups with Rivals Romney, Perry | Swampland | TIME.com

i know the gop only likes polls when they are winning

From the article;

The survey also revealed that respondents have a better impression of the left-leaning protest movement known as Occupy Wall Street than they do of the Tea Party movement. Fifty-four percent of respondents harbor a positive view of the burgeoning protest movement, well above the 23% with a negative opinion. By contrast, just 27% of those surveyed have favorable views of the Tea Party, while 65% say its impact on U.S. politics since its inception in 2009 has been negative or negligible.

I guess you all need a fantasy to hold onto. After all watching your demise coming has got to be pretty devastating.
:lol:

See, here's your problem: you're lumping me, and people who think like me, together with Obama and making the mistake of seeing his demise as my demise.

You're wrong about that. We elected Obama. It was our votes -- us on the left, I mean -- that put him in the White House, and that gave the Democrats big majorities in both houses of Congress. We did that because we believed the promises he made that he would end the wars, shut down Guantanamo, provide universal health care, narrow the income gaps between the rich and the rest of us, get corporate money out of politics.

We could elect him and give the Democrats these big majorities because we are the people. Not all the people, but most of them: this is a center-left nation, and when a progressive agenda is placed on the ballot, it wins.

But he has not kept his promises. We're still at war. Guantanamo is still there. Instead of real universal health care we got this Rube Goldberg weird contraption that hardly anyone understands and that gives far too much to the health-insurance industry. Income gaps are wider than ever, and the influence of corporate money is more pervasive than ever. Worst of all, Obama has demonstrated that he is a tool of corporate America himself. We realized a couple of years into his administration that we'd been had.

And so we, or a lot of us anyway, sat out the 2010 election and let the Republicans take the House by default.

We are not Democrats. We are progressives. If the Democrats are progressives, too, we'll vote for them. If not, we won't. If Obama wants us to support him in 2012 the way we did in 2008, he needs to earn back our willingness to do that. I don't think he can entirely. But if he moves to the left, it can't hurt his chances to win. That's why he won three years ago.

The Time rag is so much FAR LEFT propaganda, the only way they can get people to read it is to GIVE it away to doctors and dentist offices.

They figure you probably are already in pain...so what the hell..:lol:

We elected Obama. It was our votes -- us on the left, I mean -- that put him in the White House.

No you didn't. You far-left loons are and always will be a small, foul-smelling minority. It was independents that put obama in the White House, and they will be joined by many moderate democrats and the rest of the country in kicking him out soon.

We elected Obama. It was our votes -- us on the left, I mean -- that put him in the White House.

No you didn't. You far-left loons are and always will be a small, foul-smelling minority. It was independents that put obama in the White House, and they will be joined by many moderate democrats and the rest of the country in kicking him out soon.

Correct.

3 WORDS

Time magazine LOL

You obviously didn't read the poll results

Topline Results of Oct. 9-10, 2011, TIME Poll | Swampland | TIME.com

The 50% disapproval ratingin the TIME poll for Obama is is even worse than the latest gallup poll showing him comming closer to Jimmy Carter's popularity at the same point in his presidency than anyone since 1945.

I quit reading their drivel many years ago.

I don't make a habit of reading Time either, but if I'm going to intelligently respond to the OP, and the OP includes a link to the Time poll that the tread is addressing, then I'll look at it.

In this case, it reveals an astonishing find: Time, a source I would expect to skew poll results to favor Obama, actually found his disapproval rating is HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER POLL I HAVE SEEN!!!

I guess you all need a fantasy to hold onto. After all watching your demise coming has got to be pretty devastating.
:lol:

See, here's your problem: you're lumping me, and people who think like me, together with Obama and making the mistake of seeing his demise as my demise.

You're wrong about that. We elected Obama. It was our votes -- us on the left, I mean -- that put him in the White House, and that gave the Democrats big majorities in both houses of Congress. We did that because we believed the promises he made that he would end the wars, shut down Guantanamo, provide universal health care, narrow the income gaps between the rich and the rest of us, get corporate money out of politics.

We could elect him and give the Democrats these big majorities because we are the people. Not all the people, but most of them: this is a center-left nation, and when a progressive agenda is placed on the ballot, it wins.

But he has not kept his promises. We're still at war. Guantanamo is still there. Instead of real universal health care we got this Rube Goldberg weird contraption that hardly anyone understands and that gives far too much to the health-insurance industry. Income gaps are wider than ever, and the influence of corporate money is more pervasive than ever. Worst of all, Obama has demonstrated that he is a tool of corporate America himself. We realized a couple of years into his administration that we'd been had.

And so we, or a lot of us anyway, sat out the 2010 election and let the Republicans take the House by default.

We are not Democrats. We are progressives. If the Democrats are progressives, too, we'll vote for them. If not, we won't. If Obama wants us to support him in 2012 the way we did in 2008, he needs to earn back our willingness to do that. I don't think he can entirely. But if he moves to the left, it can't hurt his chances to win. That's why he won three years ago.

jeeeze, so many words and so much CRAP.
You all FOOLED the people ONCE...don't THINK it will happen AGAIN.
I hope to gawd it will be a LONG time or in fact, NEVER again they elect someone like you all and the Obama.

Forum List

Back